collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cloudees?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Cloudees?
« on: August 23, 2020, 01:42:40 PM »
Has anyone heard of these blindbag cloud-themed animal toys? There are big ones that come with two pieces of clothing/accessories (and some weird cous-cous like """slime""") and stand straight, and small ones that are more "pet" like with no accessories. Both come poofy interchangeable tails.

Same character but different models under the spoiler for comparison

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I really like these dolls. Slime aside which I don't care about, they're like a combination of LPS (big, colorful eyes with shapes), Care Bears (animals that live on the clouds and expand the weather/sky theme that some bears like Grumpy, Cheer or Funshine have) and even Poopsie (similar pose and body plan, kinda "stylish").

I really like how they went all with the weather/sky theme. Cloud-shaped eyebrows and pupils (they kinda look like Hypnotoad tho but i admire the commitment), but especially how the eyelashes look like snowflakes, lightning bolts or sun rays, or tear drops... it's very clear they had a lot of fun designing these!

And they're very good function-wise too. For now I only own one, Surly Panda, but she stands straight very well (especially with shoes on). Maybe it's because I'm gentle and I don't have kids who play with these, but seems that there's not gonna be many shoes falling off of these or clothes lost.

I want to go back and update this post with collection sheets, photos and stuff, but first... have you seen these before? Do you own some? Do you want some? Who's your favourite? What's your opinion?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudees?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 01:35:50 AM »
I'm collecting these. I was mostly trying to get only the pearly and translucent and sparkly ones but I've ended up with most of the rest of the Minis. I have a wanted thread for what I need.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 10:56:35 AM »
I bought a couple of the minis the other day and I am in love with these. They are absolutely amazing quality and design-wise they are so good !! I like them more than the regular ones, tbh. And I like that the packaging is pretty much only the cardboard. I just want them all, what else can I say xD

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 07:20:55 PM »
It's honestly kinda hard to find them here in the US. They released in stores just as Covid lockdowns were starting so they never really got much of a chance. They are on Amazon but it's so risky when I'm only looking for one or two. Especially with the Series 1 Minis since they only come in 4 packs. The odds of getting the ones I want are abysmal.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 09:27:12 PM »
They sell these in the store where I work! I can pick them up for anyone for cost+shipping if you would like, just let me know. :) They come in a plastic cloud-shape, which is pretty neat looking. I believe they're $11 each, which is a tad steep for me personally. But I'm always happy to help out collectors who don't have a certain toy in your area.

This is my first time seeing real images of the toys! The box and the packages themselves only shows drawings of the characters (which is a BIG pet peeve of mine for blind box toy lines, but seems to be a popular choice for many these days).
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
They sell these in the store where I work! I can pick them up for anyone for cost+shipping if you would like, just let me know. :) They come in a plastic cloud-shape, which is pretty neat looking. I believe they're $11 each, which is a tad steep for me personally. But I'm always happy to help out collectors who don't have a certain toy in your area.

This is my first time seeing real images of the toys! The box and the packages themselves only shows drawings of the characters (which is a BIG pet peeve of mine for blind box toy lines, but seems to be a popular choice for many these days).

Are they the Minis or the big ones and are they Series 1 (purple back) or Series 2 (pink back)? If you look in the Wanted section I made a post about the ones I still need for Series 1.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »
I haven't seen those before. They're really cute!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 06:59:29 PM »
Okay I checked the box at my store again, and they're the large sized Cloudees Series 1 (purple back). There's 9 left right now and these are the first two code numbers on the bottoms of each one:

17 x 2
22 x 2
25 x 2

If anyone needs these Cloudees, I'll be happy to pick them up at cost+shipping, just let me know. If we get in any more, I'll post there codes here. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal