collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 52936 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2022, 01:28:15 PM »
i'm having trouble focusing today. i think my brain is going into holiday mode already. Thanksgiving holidays can't get here soon enough. I have a ton of stuff to do around the house.

i did put another shelf together. just 1 more shelf and 1 set of drawers left to assemble.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2022, 02:20:58 PM »
BC I wish you well in teaching Aster how to play with you xxx

Thanks! We played for a little bit earlier. I was batting around a crinkle ball and she joined in :)

Man, today didn't turn out how I wanted it to. I can't believe it's after 5pm already. I woke up late because I got home late last night. My niece and I went up to visit my mom. It was a 7 hour trip. We took my niece's truck which is way more comfortable than the SUV but my body is still sore from sitting in it for so long. Then we were on level 2 of the parking garage and they only had stairs to go down, no elevator, and the entrance to the hospital was kind of far, then the walking to the room. It was a lot for me.

Today I'm in a lot of pain all over. I wanted to make steak and cheese subs today but I'm not up for all that. Plus, I'm not really hungry anyway. I'm pretty tired to. The living room and my desk are a mess. I need to clean up the area tomorrow. I also want to get to the PO tomorrow. We'll see.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2022, 12:51:50 AM »
The guy tried to load my car up yesterday to get the bodywork done, but something internal has now gone wrong with it. The battery died so we charged it, but then the power steering went and then all the electrics went mad. It's really odd. The police said it was safe to drive home so I did, but now this happened. So today I'm working from home and waiting for a full recovery truck to pick it up instead.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2022, 03:55:04 PM »
I had to go to the dentist today.  I dread going there.  For some reason it's worse to me than seeing almost any other kind of dr.  I had to have a bunch of xrays taken since it was my first visit since the nee dentist took over the practice.  The dentist that has been my dentist ever since I was a baby only works part time now.

After that I had to go get an electric toothbrush because the hygienist said that my teeth had a lot of stuff on them.  I tried an electric toothbrush before but didn't like it.  I hope this one is better.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2022, 08:56:59 PM »
Not much longer Beth xxx
I haven't been to the dentist in ages Ponyfan, so if anything any visit I have to do will be worse xxx Snuggles xxx
Artie here's hoping you get your car fixed xxx
Aww BC that sounds cute!!! Have fun with the crinkle ball & give yourself time to recover from all the spent energy xxx

I got some more sorting done (still a bunch to do, plus a load of nope is drying), & also more knitting. I'm on track with that yaiy!!! Need to do some baking later...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #410 on: November 04, 2022, 02:04:50 AM »
Cheers PBW, erm what is nope? I am also on a big sorting out missions so we can finally get our sitting room set up downstairs. Hope the knitting is going well?

A recovery lady appeared yesterday in a massive truck, I was very impressed. My husband had predicted that she would either be "really butch or really hot", so nil points for lazy stereotyping there. She turned out to be a nerdy tomboy just like me. She was very nice and took the car away in no time. I thought it was hilarious and told my husband that after the baby is one I'm going to get my HGV license and become a recovery truck driver.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2022, 07:29:40 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan. I fear the dentist and haven't been to one since I was 16.

Thanks PBW! I tried the wand yesterday with a different toy at the end and she was still scared of it, so I put it away. I have plenty of cat toys, I just wanted to get her some of her own that don't smell like other cats. I'll dig through the toy bag later and pull out some things for her.
I'm also curious about what nope is :lol: unless that was autocorrect

Yesterday I got the living room mostly cleaned up and started on my desk. I'll finish that today. I keep saying I need to go to the PO and that's still true. I wish Uber prices were fixed per mile or something, they change everyday and even every hour. I guess they charge more for busier times? It's annoying though.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2022, 05:30:06 AM »
Nope is exactly what I meant. It's re clothes sorting. Yep is what I'm keeping, nope is what's getting bagged for going away
Goof job on the living room BC!!! And I'm glad Aster is playing with something, even if the wands scare her xxx
Artie glad you got on with the recovery lady xxx

I got my baking done!!! Biccies, check!!! Cinnamon rolls, check!!! Got to make pizza today, but aside from that I'm good until I get more butter (may use the last to make a quick pie tomorrow).
I didn't win the Halloween competition on the sharky server, but the one who did had a fintastic outfit on their sharky!!! There were a load of jawesome entries, & mine is in the Halloween thread now.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2022, 08:03:52 AM »
Oh, I get it :lol: I should go through my clothes and see what I can get rid of. I have some 6x shirts that are way too big for me now.
Good job baking! That's a lot of stuff :O

I need to take a shower. I should change the sheets on the bed too, they've been on there for a couple weeks now.

Still need to go to the PO. They are only open until 1pm today. Guess I'll shoot for Monday.

Aster ate breakfast this morning! She hasn't been eating the last couple of days. She also ate a bunch of the cat grass I grew so maybe she has a hairball.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2022, 10:19:42 AM »
My parents came over today and brought with them my post. It included some chaste DIY bits, however I also bought an additional set of Basic Fun Twinkles and unboxed them (later on  ;)). It was very exciting, I wrote about it in a brag post. I discussed the embroidery with Mum and they had a general look around the house. They haven't been here for ages.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2022, 05:07:08 AM »
They moved my mom to a physical rehab place nearby, so my niece and I are going to try and visit her today.

I was able to buy some art supplies finally :D I've been out of core wool for weeks so I haven't been able to needle felt anything. I bought a bunch of new wool colors too. I also got some clay. I still want to open an Etsy store, I just need to make stuff to stock it with.

Aster ate again this morning. She was coughing last night, so I assume she does have a hairball. I put some medicine for it in her food. She's really opened up the last two days :) She's not so spooky about things anymore and she wants to play a lot. Last night I was throwing little paper towel balls at her and she'd catch one and then run around. I also found out that she likes to be chased. I can't really chase her, but I would sneak around a corner and surprise her and she'd run around crazy and come back and do it again :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2022, 09:25:53 AM »
BC you must be relieved they moved your mother, but why aren't they calling you about her issues??? Makes no sense... At least you're seeing Aster's personality come out, which is awesome xxx
Artie that sounds like a good visit xxx

Made pizza again, because pizza (I need no other reason but that). Got more knitting done. The bathroom bin needed cleaned, so I soaked it in soapy water, cleaned it, & cleaned a few other bathroom items too. I HAVE to vacuum again, so that means cleaning out the vacuum cleaner, again... Also doing more knitting, & will have to locate my press studs (they're in my sewing kit SOMEWHERE)...

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2022, 10:42:08 AM »
BC it's really nice to hear about your cat, it sounds as though it's working out really well. Yeah it was good thank you PBW. I had a long chat with my Mum and he had a long chat with my Dad. Your day sounds nice too. I agree, no excuse needed for pizza. I dug some veggies from the garden today. Ended up with yellow carrots, yellow beetroot, red kale, blue potatoes and green leeks. Only the leeks were the usual colour I just realised! I guess I like trying odd things. They all tasted great. I didn't do any food shopping this week so it was nice to have some fresh stuff.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 07, 2022, 02:24:59 PM »
not "today" but i got given a promise ring by my boyfriend the other day (and i have his ready to order on my next paycheck) :P slowly working up to engagement i guess? it would be sooner if we both made more money aha
maybe i'll have to make a thread when it actually happens

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 07, 2022, 03:00:58 PM »
I took a Father's Day card to the post office. I would have liked to make it myself, but ended up with a store bought Garfield card. I was and am so tired that I don't want to do anything now.  :zzz:
Yesterday (Sunday) I had to carry winter tires from the warehouse to the car, because today was the tire change. Now in the evening I took the summer tires to the warehouse. They are heavy.  :whew: (The tires were changed at a car service station, not myself.)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 04:32:33 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal