collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: claw machine win  (Read 1943 times)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: claw machine win
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 01:25:42 AM »
I think what people don't understand is that claw machines have ALWAYS been rigged. Sure, you get the odd one that lets you win pretty easily, but most of the time, especially the ones with good quality toys in, they're on this system that only lets you win every X number of goes.  If you desperately want something in a machine, you need to have a fair bit of money, and make sure you land the claw in the right spot every single go. Sometimes, you might spend next to nothing as it may have already been about to let someone win. Other times you may have to stand there for ages funneling in change. I won something a couple of weeks ago on my second go, so it was just lucky that I went on it at that point. But yeah, for the majority of machines that's how it works  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 01:46:43 AM »
Over here at least, they manually adjust the claw screws to make them loose. Yes, the machine automatically makes it more jerky, or closes the claw more or less, but when they adjust the screws so that no matter how tight it closes it doesn't actually hold, THAT's rigged. If you're good, you can usually grab stuff most goes depending on what you've got to grab and at what angle, but when the machine is truly rigged to not grab ever, that annoys me, and should be illegal - it's blatant stealing to me. We can usually tell now as soon as the claw moves, because it's flopping around as it opens, but you have a go anyway - the only real hope is if a claw gets caught somewhere, like under a sown-down arm or ear or something.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 02:47:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure it is illegal if it's made impossible to with ever, otherwise no machines would let you win at all XD

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 06:29:23 AM »
It's pretty common practice here unfortunately. It makes me sad, my husband still can't help himself though.. he has to try. We walk past them all the time and you get to know which ones have what toys... and they just sit there until they change them out most of the time, the only thing that moves is the lollies. I often wonder what happens to all those toys, it kinda makes me sad. Sometimes they fix them for a couple of days before the new toys come in, but it's hard to know when that is.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SwiftheartBabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 10:53:26 AM »
I go to the Jersey Shore every summer. The one place on the boardwalk still has a pretty decent selection of crane games (and even a few ufo catchers), where most are still $.25 a play. The pink Domokun is from last year, and the kitty's from the year before. I've won other stuff from there, but I usually end up giving most of it to my younger cousins.

Look forward to seeing what they have this year when I head back in August!

Offline SunSnail

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »
I wish that I could get to mine right now to take pics! I love claw machines, although I usually don't play unless there's something I want and it looks easy to get.
Happily Trading Ponies since 2003!!!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 07:17:03 PM »
I tend to be really good at them. Although I once spent $10 to win my hubby a plush gator X3.....I was determined as he collects crocs and gators.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
I hope to go to an amusement park nearby soon, I love to clear out their old school machines every year. I had lots of fun two years ago winning angry bird plush for people.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 01:48:11 PM »
I have won a couple of things, but I don't have them anymore.  I used to do the claw machines all the time but I've stopped, because I feel like I'm wasting my money.

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 01:50:04 PM

I'm certain they stuff the animals in so much the claw machine can't pick it up or they put animals that are too heavy for the claw to pick up.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:50:04 PM by Majesty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal