collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you attended any concerts?  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Have you attended any concerts?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2023, 06:55:21 AM »
I've been to two concerts and both of them were in 2011 - Streetlight Manifesto and Chicago.

My ears are sensitive, so loud concerts like that are a bit scary for me. Nevertheless, I'm glad I got to see those two bands. =) There are other artists that have come that I have missed out on that I would have loved to have seen like Elton John, The Eagles, America, etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2023, 07:05:12 AM »
Been many years since I went to a concert. The last one I went to was a Weird Al concert at Kings Island in 2003. It was so fun. Before that, I'd been to concerts for several Contemporary Christian artists over the years: Steve Green, Babbie Mason, Scott Krippayne, Solomon's Wish, Point of Grace, 4Him, a concert that had three performing together Keggae, King and Dente and Nicole C Mullen. Unfortunate thing though is except for the Weird Al and Scott Krippayne concerts, I had a bad habit of getting drowsy during them even though I liked the music just fine. I think it was probably just sitting there listening to music that lulled me lol.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2023, 08:05:56 PM »
Spoiler
I love concerts! I still don't drive yet so my dad always takes me to them. I want to try to start learning to drive later this year (like around October or so) so hopefully then I won't need to rely on him to be able to go to them.

I think this these are all the ones I've been to:

-Roger Waters (performing The Wall, May 24th, 2012)
-Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band (July 14th, 2012)
-Paul McCartney (July 19th, 2013, tbh what I remember most from this is tripping on the sidewalk of Seattle and scraping my legs really badly on the way to the venue....)
-Ninja Sex Party (September 26th, 2017)
-Protest The Hero (opening acts Thank You Scientist and Closure in Moscow, April 2nd, 2018)
-Thank You Scientist (opening acts In The Presence of Wolves, Kindo, & Black Sun Moon, May 1st 2019)
-Babymetal (opening act The Hu, October 16th, 2019)
-Between the Buried and Me (August 27th, 2021)
-King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard (Opening act Leah Senior, October 6th, 2022)

As far as who I'd like to see..... I guess just anybody I'm actively listening to right now. At the moment I'm really wanting to see Devin Townsend, an artist I just got into a couple months ago. I heard that he's said he will be doing an NA tour this summer, but it's not officially announced with dates and cities yet or anything. Once it is I guess I'll have to beg my dad to let me buy tickets. :P

Bumping this thread a bit, one more concert added to the list!

-Animals as Leaders, Devin Townsend, Dream Theater (July 22nd, 2023)

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2023, 05:18:42 PM »
I’ve been to all kinds so it’s hard to remember. I missed a few the last couple years with my stroke making it difficult to drive. My favorite concert though I’ve ever been to was Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper. What powerhouse performers.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2023, 11:42:00 AM »
I've only been to two concert in my life: Celine Dion in 1996 (maybe 1997, I don't really remember) and Shania Twain in 2004. Obviously it's been a long time since I last went to a concert! I would like to attend more concerts, but I just don't know many people to go with and I would never attend a concert alone. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of HUGE crowds and that whole aspect can be a bit overwhelming. But I really have to love an artist and be a huge fan of their music to want to attend their concerts!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2023, 02:50:48 AM »
So after last night I can add
Eradicated
Induction
Imminence
Stratovarius
Soilwork
Sonata Arctica to the list.

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2024, 08:39:25 AM »
When  I was in my teens I was very into hair metal and classic rock etc so I used to go concerts all the time but then my music taste took a turn and so did my life so didnt really go to gigs at all for over 10 years.

But all that changed last year! I'm super happy it did. First I attended a three day metal festival called Tuska in my home country Finland. I saw many many bands and all of them for the first time, Gojira, Ghost, Jinjer, Brymir and In Flames to name a few.

Then I traveled once (my first time traveling for the sake of music) to a concert in Sweden, Dalhalla. Amazing show by Kite! Highly recommend their music if you are not familiar with them yet. Synthpop style I guess is the closest to describe their music.

Then last but not least I attended very small club sized festival called Melancholy Mass, in Helsinki.  Amazing black metal and death metal bands mainly from Finland and main event was Septicflesh from Greece  :inlove: 

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2024, 09:11:18 AM »
My ears are sensitive, so loud concerts like that are a bit scary for me. Nevertheless, I'm glad I got to see those two bands. =) There are other artists that have come that I have missed out on that I would have loved to have seen like Elton John, The Eagles, America, etc.

I've been to a lot of concerts in my day, I use ear plugs at every show because I really don't like the loudness, either. I saw Soul Asylum a few years ago and the drums were so loud I could feel it in my heart. Great show, though. :)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2024, 05:09:01 AM »
I want to see marina sometime but I don't know if I'd ever be able to handle the sheer amount of crowds and noise I would have to deal with.
long live chrysalis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal