collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC - Italian Bowtie  (Read 332 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
PC - Italian Bowtie
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »
Since I've managed to activate my PayPal account recently, I figured I might try to sell some doubles. But, because I'm bit of a newbie when it comes to selling ponies, I decided it would be good if I ask for some advice first.

Here it goes: the pony I intend to sell is Italian Bowtie. She's one of my three Bowties which I currently have in my possesion. It was an impulsive buy: when I bought my first Italian Bowtie, I wasn't satisfied with the way she looked, plus she had that awful discolored patch on her butt... :P So when I saw that another person was selling an Italian Bowtie - I was overjoyed. Turns out this Bowtie is in a slightly worse condition then my first Bowtie.

Here are some of the pictures:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On her DS she looks pretty decent: she has a black smudge on her symbol, which I didn't even try to remove out of fear that I'd destroy her symbol. She also has a small cut on her front leg. The biggest problem here however is the yellowing, which is visible on most of her body, and ugly glue stains which are the result of her having too much glue on her neck - I'll get to that later.

Here's her ND side, which looks pretty decent, save for some stray spots and those aforementioned glue-stains. Note the brownish ring around her neck: I guess it's some sort of a factory error, someone put too much glue when connecting her head to her body. Over time, the glue dried up and yellowed. I tried everything - nail polish-remover, pure acetone... I managed to remove some portion of it, but you still can see it... maybe some more experienced pony-restorer can work this out...

Closeup on Bowtie's neck - note the brown glue stains.

Closeup of Bowtie's right eye - she has two pink dots on her eyelashes. I didn't remove them, because I thought they looked cute and make Bowtie's appearance unique.

Closeup of her left eye.

Bowtie's side - note the yellow glue stains. Also, her mane and tail are significantly cut - she's supposed to be the long, curly-haired variant but you can't see it because of the major cuts... :P

And the final two pictures:

I don't know what the hell that is... my guess is that some kid was playing with glue and decided to make Bowtie his/her target... grrrr.... It's obviously not a factory error (or is it?) - again, I tried removing it, but the stain is too persistant to be removed.

A close-up of Bowtie's front. Note the stains.

So, based on those photos what price would you recommend? Seeing those pictures some of you might've already lost you interest in buying her (I probably would too XD), but I figured that there's no other way than to be 100% honest about her and her faults.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: PC - Italian Bowtie
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »
I would put her at $6-8, probably on the lower end of the estimate.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal