collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scented G1 ponies  (Read 7691 times)

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Scented G1 ponies
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
But BTW is it the hair or the body of the ponies that smells?
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

For the Sweetberry Ponies & the scented G3s, it's the bodies. I assume the same is true for the Sundae Best. I'm not sure about the the Perfume Puffs.

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 02:15:09 PM »

For the Sweetberry Ponies & the scented G3s, it's the bodies. I assume the same is true for the Sundae Best. I'm not sure about the the Perfume Puffs.

I had a perfume puff that had some faint scent left, it actually seemed strongest at the hair...but that could've been a coincidence.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2016, 08:31:45 PM »
I really didn't like the Perfume Puff smells (and the Perfume Puff Palace atomiser-thingy)

I agree! I had Dainty Dahlia when I was little and she STANK!! I couldn't take her on car rides because her smell made me car sick!

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2016, 03:47:12 AM »
I have a couple of Candy Cane ponies who smell faintly of their original scent if I hold them up to my nose.

All my other ponies smell like whatever they were last washed in. ^^

Also, I find G3 coconut scent slightly sickening. :( I had a Coconut Grove, but I got rid of her because of her smell.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2016, 08:54:38 AM »
I think with the Perfume Puffs it's the hair and for the Sweetberry and Candy Cane ponies it's the bodies.

Interesting to know that the smell was baked into the Strawberry Shortcake PVCs . . . that explains why any time I find one in a thrift store, it still smells great!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2016, 01:36:54 PM »

I had a perfume puff that had some faint scent left, it actually seemed strongest at the hair...but that could've been a coincidence.

My Puffs seem more scented in the hair. I wonder if anyone has a rerooted Puff who still smells? That might answer the question...do you remove the perfume if you remove the puff?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2016, 01:46:11 PM »
Pretty sure for perfume puffs, it's the hair that's scented the most, if not exclusively - possible that any body perfume scent is transfer.  All the others it's definitely the plastic/body, I suspect it was sprayed on because I distinctly remember my childhood Boysenberry Pie having this odd texture to her, sort of grainy, that none of my other ponies had.

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2016, 04:22:19 PM »
I really didn't like the Perfume Puff smells (and the Perfume Puff Palace atomiser-thingy)

I agree! I had Dainty Dahlia when I was little and she STANK!! I couldn't take her on car rides because her smell made me car sick!

You wanna know about sickening? Try opening Maple Stirrup (A horse from the original Strawberry Shortcake line) in a car, in august, and leaving her there while you and your family get lunch! OH. My.GAWD. That car smelled like syrup forever.

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »

You wanna know about sickening? Try opening Maple Stirrup (A horse from the original Strawberry Shortcake line) in a car, in august, and leaving her there while you and your family get lunch! OH. My.GAWD. That car smelled like syrup forever.

:lol:  My mom and I used to sneak my Maple Stirrup into my dad's car at night.  Sometimes he would notice before he left, but often he wouldn't notice until after he was ready to come home and the scent had permeated the entire car after sitting in the hot parking lot all day. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »

lol, yikes!!!
Also, love that her name was Maple Stirrup. That is too cute <3

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 05:47:00 AM »
None of my sweetberry ponies have any smell :(  well aside from your usual pony smell but nothing fruity :(((((
Most of my sundae best do either. Except this baity Cocoberry I was going to restore. Even after cleaning her down and an oxiclean soak, not only can I not get her head off, But she smells very very strongly of this sugary smell.
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:11 AM »
I got a Coco Berry in the nail and she still smelled very sweet. And I remember my perfume puff pony from my childhood did smell like perfume.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 08:49:36 AM »
I came across a candy cane pony recently! First time to see/hold one in person..ha.
I gave her a wiff.. Wwoooohhh.. :blink:  I'm definitely allergic to the scent; my throat started to hurt and I started to sneeze.. ugh. Had a feeling I would be...  >_<  She'll be for trade / sale at the TX pony meet up event! -- covered in bubble wrap for safe scent keeping..  :biggrin:

The body definitely seemed to carry the scent.

Offline chaosprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »
My cousin has some scented ponies Cherry Treats lost her scent at some point smelt like plastic, but she has regained some of her scent back still does not smell like cherries it just smells kinda weird now some of the sundae best ponies none of them smell like ice cream *gives suspicious eyes* you've got some explaining to do Hasbro, but one must ask why Hasbro why make everybody smell pony butts.

Side Note: my nose may be broken or something, but I never really noticed a smell to them except maybe a funky off smell that smells like what their suppose to mixed with something else I can't quite identify so I don't know they have some form of scent, but not sure what it is.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:30:45 AM by chaosprincess »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal