collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deviantart issues anyone?  (Read 616 times)

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
Deviantart issues anyone?
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »
so no probs uploading photos onto DA until a couple of days ago... this included absolutely anything in any format, size etc.

So I have put official help task on DA but they arent quick at coming back.. We have laptop and computer, tried on both no luck, each have our own accounts and still same issue.

Now today, for some reason I can load pics of a underwater camera only, not the main one I use for pony pics... Anyone had these issues or help me fix it?

The underwater camera is useless and no good for future pics, also doesnt help me load pics of ponies already gone..

Both cameras take JPeg form and the size doesnt seem to matter as DA happily loads underwater pics twice the size of my normal one.

I am not technical but tried to explain as best as can!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Deviantart issues anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
I have no clue, but I'll give this a little bump in hopes someone can answer this for you!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

lilacamy931

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
aw thanks sweetie :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:28:30 AM »
That is odd. I don't use DA, but hopefully someone will have a suggestion.

You could also try a Google search of your problem and see if anyone else has had the same thing and has a solution.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
We have alot of DA members hopefully one of them will see this and be able to help.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SapphireCookie

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
I have an DeviantArt. Perhaps they are having issues? There have been times when it wouldn't let me upload, could be to many people uploading at once.

When you fill out the submission page, do you select the category? There are certain characters on the keyboard that can't go in the title. They also have it now where you have to click the picture you are uploading in the preview box to select it.

These're common mistakes even I still miss sometimes, you also have to provide at least one thing of text in the description.

This is all I can think of that would interfere with uploading, if its something more complicated then its probably dA itself and you'll just have to wait for them to reply back.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:32:56 AM »
Try taking one of the .jpg photo files and opening it in an online editor like Pixlr:
http://pixlr.com/

Then, re-save it as [picturename]2.jpg.

Try to upload the new photo and see what happens. I work with web stuff all day every day. Sometimes, there are little errors in image files, making them hard to upload or include on a web page. It could be that your underwater camera formats its images strangely, but opening it in an editor and saving it again should help.

Ideally, you would use something like Photoshop's "Save for Web and Devices" to ensure that the image is ready to go, but I understand that not everybody has Photoshop. ;) Pixlr should be able to encode the image properly as well, though!

lilacamy931

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
thanks for all the help peeps.. I dont think it is loading issues for everyone as it has been almost a week now for me and there are new entries going onto DA.

I shall give pixir a go - thank you very much for the suggestion..it is just so weird both computer and laptop wont load from the camera that does take my custom pics and also neither our accounts work on any of the browers..
Will come back soon with results!

EDIT to add - one DA upload success - couldnt get above program to work but working similar saved image individually onto desktop with tweaks and seems *fingers crossed* to have worked..bit of a pain but we shall troop on! thanks peeps
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:46:06 PM by lilacamy931 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal