collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Eurovision  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »
All in all it was a really nice show :) Can't wait for next year!!! Now let's hope The Netherlands sends a good act for once, I'm so embarrassed  :yikes:

Actually, this was a good song for once. I absolutely HATE the Songfestival and we only watch it to mock it, but the Dutch song was actually good. I already knew it from the radio and I really liked it, I didn't even know that it was for the Songfestival. So that says a lot, coming from me, I normally hate EVERY song from EVERY country for this "event".  :P

Well, except of course when Nightwish participated. But even then, the song was altered SO much for the Songfestival that it didn't even sound like them anymore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
All in all it was a really nice show :) Can't wait for next year!!! Now let's hope The Netherlands sends a good act for once, I'm so embarrassed  :yikes:

Actually, this was a good song for once. I absolutely HATE the Songfestival and we only watch it to mock it, but the Dutch song was actually good. I already knew it from the radio and I really liked it, I didn't even know that it was for the Songfestival. So that says a lot, coming from me, I normally hate EVERY song from EVERY country for this "event".  :P

Well, except of course when Nightwish participated. But even then, the song was altered SO much for the Songfestival that it didn't even sound like them anymore.

Oh don't get me wrong, it is a great song. I absolutely loved it during the national finals and voted for it. But I was really unhappy with how it was altered for Eurovision. I loved the dancers which were taken out and Joan didn't sing well at all - the song sounded so messy and unfocussed, while during earlier performances it was much more centered around her.

The song itself is great and I love Joan, but I don't like what was done to her performance and how the song sounded during the semifinals.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal