collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can't Find Loose, Only MOC? Weird G1 Problem  (Read 1153 times)

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Can't Find Loose, Only MOC? Weird G1 Problem
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:38:11 PM »
So this is a very odd problem to have. I've been trying to hunt down all the Megan and Sundance pony wear sets loose, so I can dress them up. And for some odd reason, the past few months they've been way harder to find loose than MOC! I'm especially having issues with the Country Jamboree set. I've seen it (from different sellers) MOC on eBay three times since I started searching. I didn't bid on the first two because I don't like decarding G1 stuff due to the fact that there's only a limited supply, but I finally bid on the third set because I was starting to wonder if I'd ever find it loose! And I ended up paying about the same as I would for the set loose anyway. I'm still holding out hope that I'll find the set loose eventually, but goodness knows when. What a weird problem to have, right? The exact same issue happened with the By the Sea set (although I did see it loose once, I just wasn't willing to bid super high for it), and the Picnic set (which I finally scored loose, but it was missing the pony shoes and needed some resewing.)

Have you ever had this problem? Did you end up just buying an MIB/MOC version and opening it? I really don't want to do that at all, but this is getting kind of silly!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Find Loose, Only MOC? Weird G1 Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:57:43 AM »
I actually came across the issue with a lot of pony wear - particularly the Megan sets, the Costume Wear set, the Pretty Ups and the Accessory Packs.

I think a lot of it is down to so much of pony wear being easy lost and therefore complete and loose sets are pretty tough to track down [as you know Megans shoes are a nightmare].

I also think a lot of it is not always easily identified as pony wear. If you came across the guitar from Rocking Beats or the hair bobble from Abracadabra among your old toys and you didnt know MLP...would you automatically think "pony"...personally I would assume Jem or Barbie or something else.

A combination of people not knowing or loosing pony wear items is what limits the "loose and complete" auctions I believe - hence why we see more MOC wear [from the later sets] than loose and complete.

Just a theory...

Oh and yes...I opened Abracadabra from an MOC...try tracking that hair bobble down any other way! I gave in after a couple of years. And the MOC was about the price I would have paid for the loose set anyway...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »
The country jamboree set is VERY popular loose, due to it being so close to the show outfit that Megan wears.  I don't even collect pony wear but I have it loose and on a doll because of that exact reason.  Keep looking it will show up eventually.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:56:23 AM »
Only *collectors* make sure to keep all the pieces and to keep them together for easy id, I think that is the problem. Most loose pony wear on ebay is probably from non collectors.
I collect some pony wear and even I tend to mix up the pieces that are not important to me.

The sets I really wanted were impossible to find loose and complete... I ended up buying the play n wear ski set moc to get it complete. I intended to open it but have not been able to bring myself to do it, so I'm back where I started, looking for it loose and complete..  >_<
-

Offline gustystarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:14:35 AM »
I actually came across the issue with a lot of pony wear - particularly the Megan sets, the Costume Wear set, the Pretty Ups and the Accessory Packs.

I think a lot of it is down to so much of pony wear being easy lost and therefore complete and loose sets are pretty tough to track down [as you know Megans shoes are a nightmare].

I also think a lot of it is not always easily identified as pony wear. If you came across the guitar from Rocking Beats or the hair bobble from Abracadabra among your old toys and you didnt know MLP...would you automatically think "pony"...personally I would assume Jem or Barbie or something else.

A combination of people not knowing or loosing pony wear items is what limits the "loose and complete" auctions I believe - hence why we see more MOC wear [from the later sets] than loose and complete.

Just a theory...

Oh and yes...I opened Abracadabra from an MOC...try tracking that hair bobble down any other way! I gave in after a couple of years. And the MOC was about the price I would have paid for the loose set anyway...
Yah thats the thing with ponywear, it looks like it's made for barbie or something. Like for instence appartenly my Aunt had a ton of ponies(but my grandpa threw them away before I ever saw them :cry: ) and pony wear but me and my sis figured it was barbie clothes and since we didn't need any more of that let once again my grandparents trow it away :sad: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal