collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Romance between Cheerilee and Mig Mac? MLP facebook says so!  (Read 20667 times)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
Re: Romance between Cheerilee and Mig Mac? MLP facebook says so!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »
Off topic.....can I just say that I hate when people mash names together when talking about a couple. I don't know...it's like they lose their identity.

On topic......I don't couple off my ponies, so it doesn't matter to me who is with who. lol

Quill

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
While I could care less about shipping, I don't see anything wrong with the couple. They are kinda cute actually. My biggest issue is how it seems to be wrong or undesirable because they're ages might be different. Really now? Two people (or ponies) whose ages might be significantly different can't possibly be in a relationship with one another and if they are, it's inappropriate or wrong? I just don't get this attitude.

As for the episode itself, it was very cute and funny. Not a favorite of mine, but I did enjoy it.  ^.^

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
I think it's a cute idea. ^-^
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Timepiece

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
I... Spoil myself with that surprise episode. OMG!
Yea. I can sniff some fanart under-way for Big Macintosh and Cherielee... Man matchmaking gone wrong... The "fluff-talk naming" made me groan with laughter!

Levengale

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
Aw, darn. I was really hoping for something like Fluttershy and Big Mac. :silly: Not that I'm a shipper or anything, but...I dunno. He and Cheerilee together just seem a little odd to me. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »
I don't ship one couple or the other on this show, so I'm going to wait and see what happens when the episode airs before I make any opinion.  I'm just hoping Big Mac has some sort of dialogue with Cheerilee, as I'm getting  a little tired of the "Eeeh. . .  Yup."  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »
I personally hate the idea of fluttershy and big mac together.cheerilee is a good choice.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Lon-san

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
Eeee, you know, a few of you guys seem awful convinced Cheerlee and Big Mac will be a couple at the end of the episode. Could be a fake out. Apparently there was a Powerpuff Girl episode with a similar premise that ended that way. Maybe yes, maybe no, who knows which way it could go! I mean, apart from anybody who watched the itunes leak that is XD

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 06:37:49 PM »
While I could care less about shipping, I don't see anything wrong with the couple. They are kinda cute actually. My biggest issue is how it seems to be wrong or undesirable because they're ages might be different. Really now? Two people (or ponies) whose ages might be significantly different can't possibly be in a relationship with one another and if they are, it's inappropriate or wrong? I just don't get this attitude.

As for the episode itself, it was very cute and funny. Not a favorite of mine, but I did enjoy it.  ^.^

QFT. My hubby and I have a double digit age difference, so I totally get this!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
Who knew?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
Uh oh.  Big Mac is hot for teacher!   :cool:

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 07:30:29 PM »
Nope. Don't like it. I dismiss their reality, and substitute it with my own.

Fluttermac forever.
This. ^^ As Forrest Gump would say, "And that's all I have to say about that."

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Quill

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »
QFT. My hubby and I have a double digit age difference, so I totally get this!
Glad I'm not the only one. :D My hubby and I also have a double digit age difference, which is why the attitude pushed my buttons.

will2Bfree

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
Uh, will2bfree, someone who's 40 today would have been born in 1972, meaning they'd be 18 in 1990 (when styles like the crimped hair and leg warmers still existed...the crimped hair G1s came out in the early 90s actually), and since Cheerilee looks like she had braces in that picture, I'd say she was a lot younger than 18. Also, this all assumes FiM follows the same timeline as the real world.

(And why can't BigMac be in his late 20s?)

Ok, let me start by saying I'm not a 'shipper. I honestly don't really care for there to be romantic relationships in the show, but if there was, I think the one people have mentioned with Fluttershy and Big Mac sounds much more appropriate given both of their gentle natures (I didn't even realize this 'ship existed until people mentioned it). I don't care if people have real life relationships with people older than themselves, my personal cut-off is five years difference, but I have friends dating men much older than them and my sister married a man much older than her. It's a little "icky" from my point of view, because I'm just not in to older men, but if that's their thing, good for them (I also don't care if it's an older woman vs. older man, my mother was older than my dad, but it wasn't a huge difference). I don't really care; it doesn't affect me in any way regardless. So I was NOT trying to be judgmental. There's nothing wrong with marrying someone older than you, and there's nothing wrong with being uncomfortable about a huge age difference in relationships, both views have their merit. You can post your preference, but taking issue with other people who post theirs is being overly defensive and I can't help but see it as antagonistic. Nobody was being rude, just saying 'I think she's a little old for him'. Then you have to escalate it and make it into something personal. People are entitled to their opinions and you shouldn't try to control that or make them feel bad for it. Have some respect for others, please.

Now let me say that I was born in '88 and my closest sibling to me in age is 11 years older. I realize that it's POSSIBLE to have siblings much older than yourself. I just don't get the impression that Big Mac is that old. In the episode "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" we saw a flashback that showed both Big Mac and Applejack when they were younger. Big Mac was still quite small leaving me to believe he's only a few short years older than Applejack (him and Applejack are closer in age, than Applejack and Applebloom, for instance). My best guess would be two or three years, though I'd be willing to stretch that to four or even five, if hard pressed. You can see a picture by scrolling down at this link: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cutie_Mark_Chronicles/Gallery
Now since the majority seem to believe the mane 6 are about college age, I'll loosely give Applejack the age of 19. 19+5=24 (5 at a maximum, remember! I'm trying to play nice and stretch it to your perception as well.) Now you can play with that number a little adding or subtracting a couple years from their ages, but that still leaves Big Mac in his early to mid-20's.

Ok, now regarding your reply, we were talking about the '80s NOT the '90s (and frankly you're being VERY generous saying that style was still "in" in 1990. And even if a few people were still clinging to it, that's far from it being popular. Cheerilee said that that's the way everyone was dressing, meaning it must have still been in the height of it's popularity.). '80s means '89 at the latest, and the overwhelming consensus is that that picture was from the '80s. I hate to quibble over just one year of difference, but the line must be drawn somewhere. Also, I was working with the assumption that she was at LEAST ten in that picture, though frankly I think she was older. Probably 14 or 15, though I would not be at all surprised if she was 16 or older. The majority of people I know that have had braces didn't get them until they were 14 or 15 and wore them for at least a couple years. So, if '89 was the latest the picture could be taken, and I think we all agree she was at least ten in that picture (http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_the_Cutie/Gallery - there it says she's a teenager. I'd have to watch the episode again to see if she actually says that's a picture of her as a teenager, I can't remember. But she doesn't look much, if any, younger than the mane 6 are now.), then the youngest she could be is 33. More realistically I'd go with mid-'80s, so '85, and say she's probably about 15 in that picture, making her 42 now. I did say late thirties to over forty. 33 is early thirties, but that was really just for illustration, I do think she's older than that (can anyone confirm if it says she's a teenager in the picture? That would raise her minimum age 3 years; so the youngest she could be is 36).

So the oldest Big Mac could be is 24, and the youngest Cheerilee could be is 33 = minimum 9 years difference. Though, as I've already said, I think that number is actually greater.

Also, I wasn't implying that people who were kids in the '80s are old. I never once said she was old (nobody said she was old, actually). My reason based assumption about her age was only to illustrate that she was older than Big Mac. I didn't even use the word old. Your reaction must be based on your own insecurities. But I don't care how sensitive you are about your age, that's no reason to insult my intelligence and insinuate to others that I can't do the most basic of math problems. My initial reply and this one as well were well thought out and I stand by them.

Since your reply was fueled by the incorrect assumption that I had slighted you, I'd like to apologize if you found my earlier post offensive. I'm not trying to insult anyone; I'm only using reason and the power of deduction.

I have not seen the episode yet, but I do hope it's just something cooked up by the CMC and not a real relationship.

Also, what does QFT mean? I know it's in the rules your not supposed to use text speak and I take great pains not to use "lol" (it's very, very hard, but I want to follow the rules!), so I'd appreciate it if you'd spell that out for me, literally.

One last thing! I had to take a break in the middle of this because my cat decided it would be a good idea to relieve herself on the floor instead of going outside and I had to clean it up. So if part of it's a bit disjointed (I tried to read over it so it wouldn't be, but I'm not perfect) or if some of it seems like I was a bit annoyed, that's probably because it's a part I wrote after that. *yuck!*

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
I watched the episode ^^ I thought it was cute! And that's all I'll say on that to avoid spoilers!

On age differences, my mom's husband is old enough to be her father, literally. I mean an age difference of over 20 years! And they're happier together than she ever was with my biological father for sure. Age is not at all important, once you're at the age of consent and/or age of majority, all age becomes in relationships is a personal preference. BUT personal preference means everyone can have a different feeling about it so it's okay if someone doesn't like the thought of being with someone with a huge age difference. I just mean to say that a huge age gap is not at all a big deal to plenty of people. Cheerilee is probably older than Big Mac, for sure, but I mean she looks just the same as the main characters, she doesn't look older or anything.

Honestly I think in a world where talking ponies exist and pegacorn princesses can live thousands upon thousands of years, a debate about age gaps in relationships is kind of like the smallest spec in a much bigger picture of weirdness!

Back on topic sort of, I don't really ship Big Mac with anyone usually. I personally think Mac and Fluttershy is uninteresting... I don't know why it's shipped so hard. Not that I think it's a bad ship or anything. I just don't get it, myself :p
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal