collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want a my little pony cutie mark tattoo...  (Read 18036 times)

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I want a my little pony cutie mark tattoo...
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
I was talking to my friend and she suggested I have custom mlp cutie mark temporary tattoos made and see how I feel about them after wearing them for a while. I may just try it out! The henna would be fun too!

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 02:36:30 PM »
Foo they wouldn't be able to do that on my hip, too many stretch marks! DX

I have plans to get bowtie  on my leg though, with lineart straight from a vintage coloring book -3-
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
If I ever got a pony cutie mark, the most personal one I could think of getting would be from my character (avvie), but she doesn't have one, so I guess that makes me exempt! Or maybe... I already have one, in that case!

emera_lazzaly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »
I've always thought about getting a tattoo, something small like an outline. A cutie mark of somesort would be pretty cool! The only thing is, I can think of a reason not to put a tattoo anywhere I have thought I might want one LOL I wanted one on my wrist, but as a professional it's just not acceptable and I don't want to have to cover it up each day. I also thought about one on my hip but I've seen a friend who had one before she had her baby, and it stretched and looks AWFUL! So maybe one day I will have one, maybe not lol I'm not such a fan of needles! If they could just stick a drawing on and the ink soak in and last for a few years, I'd be ok with that!

lishe

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 03:59:21 AM »

I was talking to my friend and she suggested I have custom mlp cutie mark temporary tattoos made and see how I feel about them after wearing them for a while. I may just try it out! The henna would be fun too!

This is exactly the right way to go about it, to test picture, colours and placement. Have a temp tattoo in about the same shape/colour/size and place it somewhere. If you can stand looking at said temp for a prolonged period of time, then yes, do consider going for your permanent one!

I thought long and hard about my current, non-mlp tattoo. In fact I waited 10 years before I decided I would get it! I now have a rather large one that starts on my right lower back and comes up my side.

It's not just the picture and placement, it's also the right tattoo artist that you will be comfortable with. Do find someone who has a reputation of being clean. If he will be drawing the tattoo, make sure he's a good artist, or at least make sure you like his art. I had the good fortune of getting an EXCELLENT artist. I merely described in brief what I wanted, and he produced a gorgeous piece of art I was glad to put on my person.

I am considering a cutiemark tattoo but placement is an issue, and being a slightly OCD person, I am thinking of the cohesiveness of the tattoos on me too.  :huh:  We will see. I am considering G3 Minty's peppermint candies, but I know the white may not show. Perhaps I will do some research into the UV glow in the dark ink and reconsider another symbol!

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:49 AM »
I never thought I'd like pony tattoos but the girl at UK ponycon (I didn't catch her name...) with a tattoo of baby north star changed my mind. It looked adorable and really well done.

I'd really like a tiny tattoo of Gusty's leaves because I've always loved her and it's not really obvious, clashy or weird to non-pony fans. I don't know where though. Shoulder maybe?

Temporary tattoos are a great idea! I actually have some paper for making them here somewhere, totally want to try it out now ;D

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
I have a tattoo of my persona's cutie mark :D  Or rather, my persona pony has a cutie mark of my tattoo ;)

It's on my shoulder down to my collarbone

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

toralei

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 09:05:40 AM »
I think that the nape of the neck would be a nice place for one... it'd probably hurt, though  :shocked:

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
I've always wanted to get cutie marks, but I have stretchmarks on my hips. :/

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
XD XD TAF ! Scattered multi sized ones on your rib cage. Woot. Lol. My ex promised to get a pony tattoo if I'd get back with him..Thought that was funny. Honestly, here's how I look at tattoos..I have five, plan on getting more..And you know what? I don't even see them unless I look in the mirror when I'm naked, or twist around to specifically look at them. So when i'm old? I'm not gonna give a crap, because nobody is gonna be looking at me naked and if they are? Well, they can go tell someone stories about the old woman with a pony on her. lol. At least someone will get a giggle out of it.
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »
I have a tattoo of my persona's cutie mark :D  Or rather, my persona pony has a cutie mark of my tattoo ;)

It's on my shoulder down to my collarbone

*Drools* that is such a beautiful tattoo.<3

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »
I wanted to get a G4 pinkie pie on my back near my shoulder, but I'm scared it will hurt lol

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 02:55:33 AM »
I have 4 tattoos and want more. Be sure to be 100% sure you want that tattoo, so you wont regret anything. ;)
I have been thinking of  a tattoo thats similar to Heart Throbs symbol, but until im 100% sure i want it, i wont get it.
I have seen on the internet quite alot of cute and rally awsome pony tattoos.  :biggrin:

Thank you :heart:

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 05:29:50 AM »
I think semi-permanent tattoos would be the best thing EVER- like ink that lasts 5-10 years or so. I guess there would be a long, awkward fading stage, but I'd go for it. I don't hate the tattoo I got when I was 16 (don't even notice it usually), but I think my husband would be happy if the one he got 6 years ago could have faded by now. Id have a bunch of them if they were semi-permanent. Gusty's symbol, definitely (might get that on my wrist some day anyway- I'll still be Canadian even if I ever stop loving MLP!), and maybe my persona's somewhere. But it would probably just look like orange blotches... so maybe not. :)

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 06:11:02 AM »
Just think really hard before you do it, and remember, tatoos are permanent, but your love of ponies may not be :3

Thank you artists for my siggys!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal