collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What game are you playing? Cont.  (Read 131696 times)

Shugahime

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What game are you playing? Cont.
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2016, 05:40:54 AM »
I have been playing pokemon alot! xD I only have X right now.
If anyone wants to exchange friend codes, PM me, I have a ghost type safari~!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:05:23 AM by Shugahime »

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2016, 05:44:47 AM »
I want to FINALLY start Chrono Cross; been wanting to play it for forever (Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favourite games), and even bought it like four-five years ago in the most uncanny/meant to be situation, but I have no motivation to plug in my PS3 and even less to sit through an RPG. Anyone here play it before and want to convince me?

I played it quite awhile ago and really liked it.  It's got a very interesting dynamic as far as a mid-game "twist".  Of course this was from back in the day when I had the patience to play turn-based RPGs, I'm not sure I could handle it now (beyond Pokemon haha).

That said I am really wanting to buy FFIX now that it's out on PC and play that again.  I remember really liking it...but I'll probably wait for it to go on sale. :P

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:03 AM »
I want to FINALLY start Chrono Cross; been wanting to play it for forever (Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favourite games), and even bought it like four-five years ago in the most uncanny/meant to be situation, but I have no motivation to plug in my PS3 and even less to sit through an RPG. Anyone here play it before and want to convince me?

It's my all time favorite JRPG :) I play it every year.

Firstly, get Chrono Trigger out of your head, because CC is more like a side-quest instead of an actual sequel. It has its own story but it does have some things in common and continues a few themes. But really, they are separate games.

There are 44 playable characters! They're all unique and some are totally weird. The World and atmosphere of each area are fantastic and super immersive. It also has one of the greatest OST of all time. There are DRAGONS! The battle system, imo, is really interesting. It might sound a little complicated at first but it's not and you'll learn how to use it effectively in no time. Leveling up is also different and interesting! And again, not as complicated as it seems.

The story is awesome though a bit convoluted in some details... but that's part of its charm, I find. You'll find yourself wondering 'the heck was that?' 'the heck is this?' a lot but all in all it's an amazing game with some of the most memorable characters, scenes, music, and battles ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Flarewing

« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »
My MMO of choice is Final Fantasy XIV. :)

This is pretty much where Tiella and I are these days as far as MMO's go. FFXIV eats up the bulk of the time I spend playing video games, though I do spend time on Bravely Second and have been playing with Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Speaking of Pokémon, Gen 6 games can get a free shiny Xerneas, and shiny Yveltal is in a week or so (source).

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
I'm playing Fire Emblem: Fates Birthright right now on easy mode as I'm one of those lighthearted players that restarts every time a unit dies. I love all the character interactions even more than the plot  ^.^.

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »
Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U.  :lol: Really wanted Legends on the 3DS but I've heard it's almost unplayable on the older models like I have.  >_<

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
I'm playing Fire Emblem: Fates Birthright right now on easy mode as I'm one of those lighthearted players that restarts every time a unit dies. I love all the character interactions even more than the plot  ^.^.

I love the Fire Emblem series! I am taking a little break from Conquest because I really have to use my full concentration - and I don't have that lately. I also restart anyone dies. I'm playing on Normal/Casual. 

I have been playing pokemon alot! xD I only have X right now.
If anyone wants to exchange friend codes, PM me, I have a ghost type safari~!

Yes, I need more safari! My FC is 4640-0373-9525

This is pretty much where Tiella and I are these days as far as MMO's go. FFXIV eats up the bulk of the time I spend playing video games, though I do spend time on Bravely Second and have been playing with Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Oh cool, what server? I'm on Malboro.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:08:57 PM by ShugarGlider »

Flarewing

« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2016, 04:57:30 AM »
Oh cool, what server? I'm on Malboro.

We're on Gilgamesh. Tiella has found love in Dark Knight (she usually heals in games, but has been known to perform other roles as a diversion) and I switched over to Astrologian. The tank and healer sitting next to each other is awesomely powerful in it's coordination.  :biggrin:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »

I am definitely going to get Stardew Valley. Don't know why I haven't gotten it yet! ESO is going well for me -- it's about time I left work and got back into that game! It's not as good as the main Elder Scrolls games, but it's still very high quality -- much better (IMO) than other MMOs I've played.

I tried ESO when it first came out... maybe it just didn't have enough content for me then. It's probably a lot more fun now.
I spent over a hundred hours in Skyrim and another countless bunch of hours in Morrowind back in the day (Oblivion was kinda... meh...). My MMO of choice is Final Fantasy XIV. :)
I still haven't played FF XIV, but I do plan to. I spent about 500-700 hours playing Skyrim (over multiple playthroughs), 200 playing Oblivion (not my favorite game in the series, either), and I don't know how many in Morrowind, but definitely over 100. So ESO is definitely up my alley, though I am disappointed that it doesn't entirely play like a traditional Elder Scrolls game. For instance -- no more sneak skill?! And now sneaking costs stamina? Bleh! I'm not really a huge fan of how the skill system works, either, but I can get over it. There are tons of quests and I'm spending a lot of time picking pockets -- NPCs have much more valuable items in their pockets in this game than in other games. It seems like everyone is carrying around at least one thing that's worth 40+ gold.

Shugahime

« Reply #339 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:58 PM »

Okay, I added you! :) My FC is: 4871 - 7711 - 9579

Flarewing

« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »
I still haven't played FF XIV, but I do plan to. I spent about 500-700 hours playing Skyrim (over multiple playthroughs), 200 playing Oblivion (not my favorite game in the series, either), and I don't know how many in Morrowind, but definitely over 100. So ESO is definitely up my alley, though I am disappointed that it doesn't entirely play like a traditional Elder Scrolls game. For instance -- no more sneak skill?! And now sneaking costs stamina? Bleh! I'm not really a huge fan of how the skill system works, either, but I can get over it. There are tons of quests and I'm spending a lot of time picking pockets -- NPCs have much more valuable items in their pockets in this game than in other games. It seems like everyone is carrying around at least one thing that's worth 40+ gold.

If you're at all interested in FFXIV, I'd suggest the free trial approach to see if you like it. Be advised, there's a different set of leveling systems in place; you can do dungeons, grind levequests one you've unlocked them, or (my personal favorite) grind the nearly-constantly-spawning FATE events. The internet is full of great little guides, and I think the game has it's own section on reddit. Basically, with a bit of Google Fu, you can find out anything you need to know about it. You can level all of the classes on your character, so you really only need the one. Started as archer, but don't like it? Get it to level 10, do said class quest, and go find another class to level instead. Decided you don't care for that new class? Go get another. I tried having a second character as an alt to play for when Tiella didn't want to play, and it just turned out to be too much of a hassle, since you can't easily send items between two of your characters if they're on the same account. Eventually, I just shelved the alt and now just play my main.

Don't like quite how you built your character's look? There's a quest to unlock the beautician at lvl 16, and it can do most everything hair, color, and make-up. For everything else, there's Fantasia, an item from the Mog Station (website that handles paid items, all of which are purely cosmetic, as well as game subscription) store that lets you recustomize everything EXCEPT the name ( which requires the name change service).

Just some tips I picked up along the way.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #341 on: May 13, 2016, 01:42:45 PM »
Ooh, that all sounds great! Thanks for the tips! And speaking of character customization, yesterday I wanted to create a second character in ESO (I want to have a few different characters so I can play as different races) -- it took me about an hour to do all of the tiny little tweaks and customize my character just the way I wanted her, and I was in the middle of naming her when the game shut down "due to inactivity". RAGE! I totally lost that new character that I had spent so much time creating. So now I'm waiting for my rage meter to go down a bit before I try to create her again. :/

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
dashesndots, that's exactly my problem with most RPGs these days, that and them usually being unnecessarily long. I like a good story, but sometimes they throw in such unnecessary filler. Haha.

BlackCurtains, thanks, that is great to hear. I have heard that it is very different from CT and there can be quite a divide over which is better. I heard that there were tons of playable characters (and one of them was supposed to be Magus before they wrote out his plot line, that has me salty), I have no idea how I'll be able to narrow down the three I want to use.

I have started playing, by the way. Not far at all yet (I just went back in the past or into the alternate time line or whatever the heck is happening with the overworld music changing), but hoping to play a bit more when I come home from work. You say to get Chrono Trigger out of my head, but all that nostalgic music is making it hard. Lol!

Flarewing

« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
Ooh, that all sounds great! Thanks for the tips! And speaking of character customization, yesterday I wanted to create a second character in ESO (I want to have a few different characters so I can play as different races) -- it took me about an hour to do all of the tiny little tweaks and customize my character just the way I wanted her, and I was in the middle of naming her when the game shut down "due to inactivity". RAGE! I totally lost that new character that I had spent so much time creating. So now I'm waiting for my rage meter to go down a bit before I try to create her again. :/

Yeah, that? Not a problem in FFXIV. You're more likely to have trouble rolling a character up on a given server than you are to be kicked for inactivity; some servers, like Gilgamesh, are locked to character creation (server migration service bypasses this, though, so if you have friends you want to play with on a locked server, you can roll on any server, play a bit until you're eligible, then move), and I have personally witnessed someof my Free Company (guild system) mates afk literally all day.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2016, 06:53:45 PM »
Pokemon Yellow. I tried cloning Eevees yesterday and accidentally wiped out my save file. :| It'll only take me a week to get back to where I was, but it was still disappointing.
Mimic on MLPTP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal