collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Siblings?

None, I'm an only child
84 (18%)
One
178 (38.2%)
Two
107 (23%)
Three
52 (11.2%)
Four
25 (5.4%)
Five
10 (2.1%)
Six +
10 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 366

Author Topic: How many siblings do you have?  (Read 7736 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: How many siblings do you have?
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2014, 02:10:08 PM »
I am the oldest of my parents' 7 kids!! YAY!! Seriously, I love them all and wish I was a tough enough lady to have a big family myself. I always feel bad for only children, but when I was a kid there were MANY days I wished I was one XD.

I come from big families. My grandma had 20 siblings. I guess half were half siblings. Her mom married my widower great-grandpa who already had 11 kids and then she had 10. I have 42 first cousins and 22 aunts and uncles. I <3 big families :) Buuuuuut I am only having my 2 boys (feels like 8). ;)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »
It looks like having half-siblings is quite common. Myself, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that I always had an older sister but this information was kept from me for 37 years. (Probably would have been forever if I hadn't used 23andme.com for unrelated reasons. I'm more bewildered than upset, though.)

I honestly think you're taking this really well given the circumstances. I can understand why you're upset; it's like you have the right to know what children your parents have had! And all those years have passed when you could have had at least some bonding time. I'm glad that you're excited for nieces and nephews. :o) I hope that things go well as you establish your relationship with her.

(On the flip side, try dealing with having a half sibiling at an age when society is pressuring you to have (or already have had) your own children. It's quite difficult to accept a 25 year age gap! I think I'm "winning" at this time with that much of an age difference! urgh.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
technically 3.
Older sister and brother through my bio dad. Met them when I was really young, be damned if I remember their names. The brother tried to contact me 15-20 years ago, but I just have no interest in connecting to relatives, so never got back to him.
Then a brother younger than me through my mother. I've lived with that one.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
I guess though since I'm adopted I probably do have half-siblings out there.  I'm not so inclined to meet my biological parents, but I'd be curious to see what the half-sibs are like.  Still, it's not enough for me to go track them down.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

First Born

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »
I have one little brother, who seems to hate mlp, but I think he wants to seem "manly".  :silly:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2014, 10:38:16 PM »
I have 1 younger sister. I picked 1 but technically I have a step brother and a step sister now since my dad remarried last week. I haven't met them yet since my dad lives in Europe and I'm in Canada. It's very strange to think about having new siblings at 31 years old. I just hope they don't have more kids because that would be crazy weird. 

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:08 PM »
3 sisters, all older than me.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2014, 05:42:02 AM »
I have three brothers and three sisters, but I was the youngest and my older sisters and brothers feel more like aunts.  I was an aunt by the time I was three and a great aunt before I was 30. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2014, 06:11:08 AM »
I have three, Two brothers, one older, one younger and a younger sister. The age gap between oldest and youngest is seven years.

I can make it more complicated if i want. Moms boyfriend who she's been with for the last ten years has two kids. I never count them as siblings as mom and her boyfriend have never lived together, but in a way they are step-siblings.

Dad is engaged to another women since ten years also and she has a bunch of kids. However, I've only met the youngest and that was two times more than 8 years ago so I don't count them at all.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
I think you are taking the "new old sibling" thing really well too. I get new old siblings now and again when my siblings marry :) So far its been great and I love my in-laws but one is a waste of skin (junkie/thief/abuser). Its amazing what an impact it can have on your life. It can change your whole family dynamic.

Is she excited about having siblings? I try to imagine what it might feel like from her perspective, maybe even a bit of jealousy that you were kept while she was given up. It must be really complicated for all of you.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2014, 03:16:21 AM »
Officially I am an only child. Some years ago though I heard rumors about at least one sibling. I did not find out anything yet, my parents are very strict and dont tell me anything; they dont want to talk about that topic and I dont have anyone who I can ask... so I secretly hope, if there really IS somebody who is my sibling they will hopefully contact me one day!

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2014, 07:59:42 AM »
Wow, there are some amazing stories and complicated relationships in this thread…

Here's my weird one!

I am the fourth child of my parents combined children.
My fathers third and my mothers second.
And their first one together.

So, I have three beloved older siblings, two brothers who are the same age but they are not twins or even blood related ( One from dad one from mom ) and an older sister.

My brothers and I lived in the same home but my sister lived with her mother ( who is also the mother of one of my brothers, they are "full" siblings )

I love them all sooo much and I honestly miss them almost all the time.

It made me so angry when anyone would say half siblings did not count as real siblings, because alongside my parents they were the most important people in my life.

There are six and eight years between us.

My brother and sister also have another brother and sister on their mothers side, the sister is younger than me and we used to always call each other "Quarter sisters" ;)

My other brother has another sister the same age as me whom I have never met and he has only met her once.
I think he would like to know her better but they have had no contact since childhood unfortunately.

I also have a non-blood sister who used to babysit me a lot as a child.
She was in the same class as my two brothers and my family was like her bonus family when she was younger so we spent a lot of time together growing up.

I see her as a sister also even though we are not technically  related by blood or by law.

Sorry for babbling on…

I was just always a weird kid, I had learning disabilities and got bullied in school quite a bit.

So for me, my siblings were not only my family but also my best friends and protectors. :heart:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:07:14 AM by Sukeile »

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2014, 11:07:12 AM »
WOW that's quite a story Sukiele!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
I voted 6+. My mom has 5 girls including me. My dad has a couple of kids, I know 2 half brothers but didn't grow up with them. My older sister and closest younger sister also have half siblings their dads' side.

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »
None.

And no possible half siblings; my mother was about my age when she married and my father isn't much older, my mother had fertility problems and had to undergo hormone therapy to have just the one child and my father only had one girlfriend before he met my mother when he was about fifteen.

AND no cousins on my mother's side, I have an uncle but he's never even been on a date. I do have four cousins on my dad's side, but only two are biological cousins since the other two are the children of his adopted sibling, though I've never had very much contact with any of them since the only one of his siblings my dad gets along with is also the only one not to have children.

I always feel bad for only children.

Oh, don't feel bad for us, there are some people who don't have the temperment to grow up in the same house as another person; I know I've always needed a bit of alone time and still do....not to mention my education cost a fortune

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal