collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a Twilight I saw in Taobao  (Read 5909 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: a Twilight I saw in Taobao
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »
EEeeek! I've lovin' the tinsel in the hair. COLORED TINSEL!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »
I don't really mind the fact that the clothing is plastic. But i don't like how they just used only one color of plastic and didn't paint any of the details on the dresses. They look cheap.
The G3 plastic clothing had at least a couple of different colors.
http://www.strawberryreef.com/images/Ponies/P/PinkiePieVII2pack_A.jpg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »
I don't really mind the fact that the clothing is plastic. But i don't like how they just used only one color of plastic and didn't paint any of the details on the dresses. They look cheap.

It's prototype stage and therefore incomplete. It's extremely obvious that both pieces were not finished. Twilight's necklace and dress both have holes where gems should be, but they're all empty. Cadance's dress has the same holes and obviously is meant to be colored (as I believe Twi's dress is as well).

I personally think that the reason these 2 incomplete girls are up for sale is because their ideas have been scrapped. Maybe that means fabric clothing. Or different designs. Who knows?

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »

It's prototype stage and therefore incomplete. It's extremely obvious that both pieces were not finished. Twilight's necklace and dress both have holes where gems should be, but they're all empty. Cadance's dress has the same holes and obviously is meant to be colored (as I believe Twi's dress is as well).

I personally think that the reason these 2 incomplete girls are up for sale is because their ideas have been scrapped. Maybe that means fabric clothing. Or different designs. Who knows?

I don't know how much of them are prototypes. At this point i would not be surprised if Hasbro just used one color plastic. The gems might be one of those "decorate yourself" things. (Why else would they use holes like that?) In that case it would be logical they are not already on the dress. Neither do i see how it would be obvious these dresses will be colored...

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Don't you know? In the Crystal Empire, rubber clothes are all the rage!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »

I don't know how much of them are prototypes. At this point i would not be surprised if Hasbro just used one color plastic. The gems might be one of those "decorate yourself" things. (Why else would they use holes like that?) In that case it would be logical they are not already on the dress. Neither do i see how it would be obvious these dresses will be colored...

I was thinking this all my self I do hope these are just a first stage view. I can understand the concept of making the clothing plastic gabumon raises a good point the G4s are rather small it would be hard to do detailed cloth clothing for the normal size G4s. FS G4 have detailed cloth clothing only because it's easier to make that kind of thing on a larger scale.

I would be neat if the clothing came with charms, or little gems you could snap into the holes. Plastic may be kinda meh in some respects but it dose present more possibilities for creative stuff that could be done with them I'm already looking at the plastic clothing and thinking 'hey I could repaint that and make it look really nice'   

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
The reason why I like the plastic clothes... is that for G4, the basic size ponies are too small for real fabric clothes, snaps and velcro would just overwhelm them.  My 2 cents.

Not if they are done right :) The G1 baby clothes are nicely finishes and have snaps and velcro and elastic and details...but thats just my 2 cents this time :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
Hmmm...I am undecided...

Offline saikune

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 05:33:56 PM »
meh, not a huge fan of that plastic dress. The crown is kinda cute though
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,300089.0.html (<-- my wishlist) (not buying atm though)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »
Oh, that dress is so pretty! Could use more color, though. I prefer plastic clothes for some reason. They just seem cleaner or something.

Plastic clothes:
Pros:
-durable
-easy to clean
-might be easier to produce pegasus-friendly clothing
-easier to custom color
-probably cheaper

Cons:
-tough for the factory to find the balance between too hard (brittle) or too soft (ripable)
-if the user constantly un/dresses their ponies, they wear out faster.
-can leave marks and stains on ponies. (Especially really cheaply made ones, Hasbro. *accusing look*)
-Tempting for the company to make outfits in just one color to save a buck. (what dress that fancy is just straight yellow?)
I'll put something here some time

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »
Ooh, that's actually really cute imo! Usually I'm not a huge fan of dressing up my ponies...things like hair clips and crowns/hats are okay since real ponies can wear ribbons in their manes and tails, and I'm even open to those little clip on shoes, but most of the time ponywear sort of leaves me uninterested. But I really like the sleek look of her outfit there and if they released sets of only ponywear (HA! As if, I'll have to buy the mane 6 tenfold if I ever want to get any outfits, just you wait and see) I think I'd like to snag a few for myself.

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
I'm I the only one who HATES tinsel of any kind whatsoever? I just can't stand it. Any G4 pony with it is getting it removed.  :mad:

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
I'm I the only one who HATES tinsel of any kind whatsoever? I just can't stand it. Any G4 pony with it is getting it removed.  :mad:

Tbh,I'm not a huge fan of it either. I allow my Luna to have it since she's my only winged unicorn and thus she's allowed to look a little different, but I know I'd be annoyed if all my ponies had tinsel in their hair. It's difficult to tame like normal pony hair and often looks wild and unkempt (well, for people like me who can't style worth beans!). I'll allow it occasionally (like with my Luna and I'm sure there will be another exception or two in the future), but like you, I prefer my ponies without it. You're not alone! :)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »
Doesn't matter to me. I display all my ponies naked anyways :)

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Hhhhhmmmmm! Not Overjoyed with the these plastic fashions! They better at least paint some details on them!

I really don't understand why Hasbro keep dressing Twilight in yellow clothes and accessories...... It's so clashy and nasty! Her Gala dress is beautiful in the show where it is just darker purple etc, and matches her tonaly.

Plastic dress= cheap
Yellow plastic dress= cheap and nasty!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal