collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I've entered a Pokemon Tournament, I need some suggestions  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I've entered a Pokemon Tournament, I need some suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
You should EV train your Pokemon from lvl 1, if your planning on making a new team. My friend and I both EV trained a male and female Lucario, and they are both unstoppable! The female (Freya) has a very high special attack, and the male (Fratley, he's a shiny ^^) has a very high attack. The only thing is though some other stats get neglected in favour of the higher stat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »
Best of luck with this! I've always been more of a collector (both in game and out). Unless you're after advice from the one who keeps a Level 100 Totodile in their team I'm not the best person to ask :P

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

harvestmgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
I'm more of a collector too. I've never done competitive battling before. Usually I just battle my brother lol. Everyone has been such a big help.

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
Breeding can be a good solution to the EV problem if you have those brace item thingies, (Macho Brace and/or getting inffected by Pokerus for double EVs, Power Anklet for Speed, Power Bracer for Attack, Power Band for  Sp. Defense, Power Belt for Defense, Power Lens for Sp. Attack and Power Weight for HP) so that you can hatch 'til you get a good-natured pokemon while keeping the parent's EVs where you need them

I know of a great online tool for building balanced teams, here it is: http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/team_builder

Garchomp, Tauros, Gardevoir and Milotic are good offensive choices, for defensive Pokemon I'd reccommend Smeargle (for stat boosting, teach it Baton Pass as well) and although very hard to use and train Wobbufett

the legendaries that are usually not allowed are what some call "Ubers" a.k.a: Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys in all its forms, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem and the unreleased event Pokemon on BW (it is coded on the system they may not participate)

here are some of the battle box and wi-fi battle rules on serebii:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/wifi.shtml#flatrules

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/box.shtml

Google what are good team combos and preferable natures to raise them as well as the stats they usually excel in

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 05:56:24 AM »
If you want a pokemon with the pokerus so you can spread it I can help you out.   It's been a while since I have traded, so someone will have to help me remember how to do it.  LOL!

But I can spread the pokerus to an extra pokemon and trade it to you.   I don't care what I get in return.   Spreading the pokerus is fun, and does help make stronger pokemon!

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »
I decided to go to EB Games today and pre order the new Pokemon Conquest. Apparently they're having a Pokemon Tournament in July and the winner get Pokemon Black or White 2! The only rule was no legendarys. So I need help from all you pokemon players on building my team. What are your suggestions?

CHARIZAAAARD :D

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »
We are talking DS tournament, yes? Not cards?

Ive never been in a real one before, just between siblings and frinds.

Is there a level cap?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal