collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have a diagnosis of this kind?

Yes, Asperger's/high functioning Autism.
12 (18.2%)
Yes, AD(H)D.
9 (13.6%)
Yes, a different from the ones above.
7 (10.6%)
No, but I think I would get a diagnosis if I got tested.
21 (31.8%)
No.
17 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Asperger's, AD(H)D, and other similar diagnoses  (Read 3563 times)

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Asperger's, AD(H)D, and other similar diagnoses
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 05:13:52 AM »
I have depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder. I was finally diagnosed when I was seventeen, after dealing with it my entire life, and have been on and off various medications since then. Have them sort of under control now, though they still cause problems.

I am also fairly certain I have Asperger's. It would explain a lot, especially some of my odd behavior as a child that I've always wondered about. But I do wonder if it's possible that I've just had social anxiety disorder since I was a child and that led to me never developing my social skills. But I still feel like that doesn't explain everything else... At any rate, I've been thinking about this a lot recently and next time I go see my doctor I plan to talk to him about it.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 03:41:46 AM »
It's more than I thought! The majority of the votes have or think they have. :blink:
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 05:38:21 AM »
No, but I have dyspraxia and some of the elements of it apparently overlap with Asperger's. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:40:00 AM by starrypawz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 05:39:31 AM »
DO NOT rely on an online test to tell you what disorder you have. It pisses me off when people with no desire to be social diagnose themselves with Aspergers, then proceed to use it as an excuse for their social ineptness. I got professionally diagnosed with Aspergers and I'm tired of it being used as an excuse.
This. this all the way.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 05:52:23 AM »
Have anyone said that they diagnosed their selves from an online test?

I have a professional diagnosis that I got at the age of 17.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »
professional diagnosis here, as well. I'm seeing my psychologist bi-weekly and my psychiatrist bi-weekly, and am on prescribed medication.
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 09:35:33 AM »
The only positive diagnosis I've been given so far was depression. Though given my self reflection, I'd think I'd be diagnosed with Aspergers or High Level Autism if I do go for a specific check for these. I do have a lot of strange quirks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:51:56 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »
I´ve always thought  (and still think) i have some attention deficit disorder. I have always had a horrible time focusing or being still. I constantly have to be moving my legs or hands and I could never sit still in class. Reading is a pain no matter how much I love it as my mind wonders. It happens that I read pages of text only to realise that I have no clue what I just read as my mind was somewhere else. That said, I have no social issues. I have no anxiety, no depression or anything like that, and I have learned to cope. No idea if I would be diagnosed as having ADD so I chose the last option in this poll.
I did the test you linked for ADD and I got a score of 60. I really don't have a mess in my head (so to speak), my thoughts are usually clear and not jumbled. It´s very simply just hard for me to concentrate on reading and to stay still :P

~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 07:41:55 PM »
I jave ADHD, Pervasive developmental disorder, but high functioning, and bipolar disorder with psychosis o.0 Took year for poper diagnoses, and years of meds and treatment, but I finally living a full, normal and happy life. There are of course little bumps in the road, though.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
I have been diagnosed bipolar by a psychiatrist who is a real joke. I do feel he was correct (even though he changed his mind last time I saw him thinking he made a misdiagnosis....long story). I have talked to three others who have seen this same doctor and they all had horrible experiences with him. I see a new one on Thursday and I hope she is better.

But I have had other doctors and a counselor who felt that I had many symptoms of bipolar disorder. I also get anxiety at times. I get some mild social anxiety in large groups of people, especially at a bar for some reason.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline kayveryn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
I have severe ADD... was technically self diagnosed for the first year or so, but it was in reading 10-12 books on the condition after my much younger brother was diagnosed that I came across SO many things that just fit.  got officially diagnosed at 22... wish i had known years before... maybe i wouldn't have just about flunked out of school.  Years of doodling....=]

kayveryn

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »
I'm currently awaiting my diagnosis. It runs in the family to have ADHD or Asbergers. My brother and I are very alike and he got both of them diagnosed. My ma says I'm perfectly fine but I disagree, I'm a scatter brain and does too much stuff at the same time. I just feel different. Behave different. Think different.
I've had severe depression for some time due to bullying, but usually I'm in a happy sunshine mood.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
I was diagnosed with Aspergers, but later in therapy with another therapist he said he didn't think I had aspergers, or maybe I was very high functioning. I certainly don't want to use it as a catch-all for just being a little socially awkward :/ But, I do match quite a bit of the criteria. I am very introverted and have really had to work hard with myself through therapy (etc.) because it's not like I'm anti-social, I just have horrible anxiety. I used to be scared of everything and everyone. And very very lonely. My therapist's theory is because I had a traumatic childhood it made me fearful and so I sort of went into my shell and I look back at myself and by the time I was 18 and moved out and into the real world I was severely maladjusted. But I do think there's hope. I went on an anti-anxiety medication which really helps a lot and therapy did as well. That and I've made at least a couple good friends so I think I've grown tremendously. Never give up on yourself if you feel badly about being a loner... although it doesn't sound like many of you are upset by this so that's huge :) We are who we are, if we're eccentric who cares as long as we're happy :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal