collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Melatonin supplements  (Read 2170 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Melatonin supplements
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
I take it from time to time, it really doesn't have any side effects aside from making you sleepy haha! Melatonin pills may be "man-made" but melatonin itself is a completely natural hormone and something that, well, you make (or should make) every night lol.

But you should really do a number of other things to give yourself the best possible chance of good sleep. Shut off the computer, games, and TV and all that bizz a good 20 minutes before you actually get ready for bed. Seriously, most people don't take that advice seriously, but it's important. The more glaring light you expose yourself to, the less melatonin your body produces on its own. Not to mention how all the different stuff you're probably doing online or in a game is making your brain bounce all over the place and you need time to wind down! Try to give yourself around 20 minutes of cool-down time before bed, even if it's boring as all get-out sometimes. 20 minutes of sitting and not knowing what to do with yourself out of bed is better than an hour of laying in bed wondering why you can't fall asleep!

You should also try to go to bed and wake up on a set schedule as often as possible. It's sort of like trying to get a fussy kid to stick to a bedtime- it can be really tough at first and you may think "well I'm not even tired yet so why should I go to bed?" but that is what makes you end up going to bed later and later... and later... but once you get the bedtime routine schedule down, your body knows the drill and knows when to make itself sleepy. Like it or not, your "internal clock" gets thrown off easily, and you have to reset it by being serious about your sleep schedule.

Also, try not to oversleep. A lot of people are like "ugh I need to sleep like three extra hours to make up for how much sleep I missed!" or "I don't care how early I go to bed, I am NOT waking up before the sun does!" but that too can throw off your sleep schedule.

Anyways I'm going on and on about this but I've have the wildest sleep schedules and these are the things that have helped me so I pass them on :) There was a point in my life where I was going to bed at 6 AM and waking up at 4 in the afternoon, and there was no reason for it other than the people I lived with were staying up that late... playing video games xD And more recently I had over a year of my sleep schedule being like 3 AM to noon. But now finally I'm on a somewhat decent schedule where I'm not missing half the day light haha! 11 PM or midnight to 9 AM. Perfect!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
I do ok sleeping on my own most of the time myself but I've found with melatonin it helps me sleep deeper meaning less nightmares! I really hate dreaming, cause it's rare that I have a 'nice' dream.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Obsydian

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
Melatonin works well for me. :) 
Also try catnip tea!  It's a natural sedative.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
I take care of a special needs teenager, who has a hard time getting to sleep. Her Mom very much prefers natural medicines for her. She takes melatonin a half hour before she goes to bed. Works well for her with no side effects. Not addictive.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal