collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any pony regrets?  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Any pony regrets?
« on: November 13, 2016, 01:45:04 AM »
I think my biggest one was when a friend gave me Lightning and Fireball (Yes, gave) as he said his kids had outgrown them.

Turns out his kids were heartbroken at the thought of the ponies going and so in doing the decent thing, I gave them back!

I kinda regret that one somewhat now!

Whats your biggest regrets?

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Any pony regrets?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:06:39 AM »
not getting into ponies when i was a kid, and getting some from all my friends who were into them. i used to be "the horse kid" in my class and i wanted to get away from that, and also anything girly i wanted to seperate from. so i never played with them. even though i distinctly remember my best friend at the time had a whole lot of g1s.

wish i had taken the time to appreciate their beauty!

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 05:03:17 AM »
I still regret not keeping my ponies from my childhood. They may come back, like Flurry did, but how will they be?
As Cannibalism said, I let them fade away because they were to girly stuff and I had already many troubles at school without them... but now I regret not being stronger and try harder to get more ponies.
The first one I got is Twinkler and I remember having her and Starhopper in my hands and I took the pegasus instead of the unicorn.
But I was really happy when I bought her early this year from
australia ^^
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 05:29:58 AM »
Giving away my childhood collection when I was 13 (if only I'd known!)

Not buying more G2s when they were cheap and plentiful and most collectors weren't interested in them.

Elf

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 06:39:28 AM »
It's a common one, but getting rid of my childhood collection when I thought I'd "outgrown" them.

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:55:59 AM »

Not buying more G2s when they were cheap and plentiful and most collectors weren't interested in them.

Yep. :| me too! XD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
Trading away some of my childhood ponies... one came back, the rest will never. And I soo regret it... so much. :'(

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »
Not spending the $150 at the time for MOC Diamond Glow (the last G2 I need, the last G2 I have needed for 6 years!) because I was buying Golden Glow II at the time at that price and thought it was too much.

Finding a bag full of barrettes at Value Village for $2.99, and thinking "huh, several of those kinda familiar... where have I see those before...?" but not wanting to waste $3 on a chance, I left it there. Went home, later that day was on Dream Valley just read'in stuff, and realized those barrettes were familiar because they were Princess Crowns!  Ran back to the store, but the bag was gone... 

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »
Had just got back into collecting and had passed up a Bright Eyes for 8 bucks because she was really dirty and I didn't believe in myself to fix her up and had no idea how much she was worth u_u

also not getting the non-mane 6 ponies when they first came out because I only really wanted rarity and fluttershy, silly silly me
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »
I regret that I didn't start to collect earlier in my life. When I got started, ponies were already nearly gone from flea markets. If I only had discovered my pony addiction five years earlier... or when I was a child (at that time flea markets where flooded with ponies!)... I don't even want to think about that!

Oh, and when I started collecting I left a Baby Würfelchen behind at a flea market because she had white and not pink hair  :shocked: silly me!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:19:46 AM by Strandperle »
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 12:25:42 PM »
I think back to when I was 11 and I thought about getting rid of my ponies and my mum said, put them in the attic for a bit and see how you feel. So grateful to her for preventing that big regret because I would never have forgiven myself if I didn't have my childhood ponies. Sister and I were also really lucky with both our carboot timing and online timing, because ponies were cheaper and more plentiful and there was so much new info flying around. It was an exciting time to be a pony collector.

My regrets...

Not buying up Takara when I was first buying things from Japan 10 years ago. They would've paid my university rent for a while, sigh.

Selling Italian boxed Baby North Star is a regret of mine, because the box was so pretty. I have a US one but I don't really like it the same, although it's the same box style as the UK one had. Just the Italian boxes from 87 are really different.

I did regret selling MOC Applejack (y3) because I realised after I did it that I didn't have her at all, loose! But I put that right last summer, so it's no longer a regret and I hope the MOC one I had is still being enjoyed in her home.

Otherwise, I guess taking so long to trust the pony community again after stuff that happened 15 years ago. I spent a long time just on the fringes because I wanted to avoid confrontation with them and I feel a lot passed me by because of that. You should never let idiots stop you from enjoying something you love. I was so young and idiotically naive that I allowed them to damage my love for MLP for way too long. That was my weakness and I regret it, but I don't regret coming back, even if it is a bit late ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:28:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 12:35:03 PM »
Giving away my childhood ponies.  I didn't have many, but I loved them.  I also regret not keeping every pony I had in my collection as an adult.  As I was collecting, I would go through fazes where I liked seaponies or SS or flutters and then when I was no longer interested I would sell them or trade them.  There are probably 70 ponies that I sold and I wish I still had them. However, my biggest regret is when I left a bag of my most loved ponies in my apartment elevator and when I realized I left them, they were gone. $600 or so worth of beautiful and rare ponies and somebody took them.  Most of them were mint and I had spent years tracking each of them down. I was devastated.  Sadly, my goddaughter's wand from Harry Potter in Orlando was in there too. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »
Regretting avoiding the early G4s when I had the chance. Working at TRU I could have gotten them all so easily at the time. Now I want them all and spending tripple the price for them XD

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 01:30:50 PM »
My biggest regret would be passing up a TLC Bunny Hop for 99p on eBay. :drunk: She didn't have her pocket symbol but I could've put in some practice on a fakie and learned to paint a new symbol for her - then she would've been unique! Still, I hope she managed to find the new lease of life she deserved with someone else.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
Giving away my childhood ponies to a bunch of little girls that came over to my house. They played with them and I gave them to the little girl or two girls. I regret that I never found them of course. I only have two childhood ponies. I was a teenager at the time and too cool for ponies. Sure I have more ponies than I ever did as a kid but I still regret it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal