collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies You Didn't Care About But They Suddenly Caught Your Eye?  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Ponies You Didn't Care About But They Suddenly Caught Your Eye?
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:47:06 PM »
For me its Paradise, Sea Breeze and Hula Hula...I had passed them over before because I'm not an orange person and I wasn't too interested in Hula's color scheme and white So-softs get grimy and bleck so fast. (My Gusty sure did) and then...I saw very good pictures of them, one on the Arena and I never realized just how pretty they are. As an 80s-90s kid I wore a LOT of neon and they have unique and nice symbols and the hair blends so nicely with each other I think I need them in my herd.

So what about you? anyone caught your eye who made you reconsider lately?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:57:42 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Ponies You Didn't Care About But They Suddenly Caught Your Eye?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
I was just talking about this lol. I haven't bought a new pony in AGES (all fun money had been going towards my dolls lately) and only in the last few weeks have I found myself in need of Snuzzle, of all ponies! I don't usually gravitate towards the CP ponies, but all of a sudden I am totally digging Snuzzle's unusual color combination (compared to the other G1 ponies) and weird name.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:23:05 AM »
Lemondrop seems to catch my eye whenever I see her. Oh and Snuzzle. I never really cared much for the flat foot ponies. I wanna say there are a couple more, but now I can't seem to think of them.  :P

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:59:49 AM »
I'm also starting to look twice at Daddy Sweet Celebrations. I swore I'd never like any Daddy Pony other then the handsome Sunbright and Meadowsweet, but Celebrations is quite handsome...and cheaper then Big Brothers

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
Princess Sparkle! It wasn't until I bought her for a swap that I realized how awesome she really is and had to get one myself :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
For the longest while I never cared for the perfume puffs or 2nd yr princess ponies. In both cases, I eventually bought one to see/handle in person... and well... that was it  :blush:   Now I just have the two most troublesome to track down left to get in order to complete my sets - Taffeta and Red Roses!

Ponies who I don't currently have in my herd but are under consideration, are those soda sippin' ones. I know for a fact I have declared my disdain for them here on the arena (I'm not into gimmicky ponies, really)... but but... those curls and colours..... might keep a quiet eye out and see if I can look past those holes in their mouths!  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
For the longest while I never cared for the perfume puffs or 2nd yr princess ponies. In both cases, I eventually bought one to see/handle in person... and well... that was it  :blush:   Now I just have the two most troublesome to track down left to get in order to complete my sets - Taffeta and Red Roses!

Ponies who I don't currently have in my herd but are under consideration, are those soda sippin' ones. I know for a fact I have declared my disdain for them here on the arena (I'm not into gimmicky ponies, really)... but but... those curls and colours..... might keep a quiet eye out and see if I can look past those holes in their mouths!  :lol:

I hear ya on the soda sippins and red roses. on the one hand, they're absolutely gorgeous on the other...those holes are just *shakes head* and the hair on roses makes me think of a pony that's been in the bottom of a toy box for years, with no hope of an emergency grooming.  :P

now if someone had made a non perfume puff red roses, I'd be all over her because she's quite possibly the most elegant unicorn in the G1 line... she's like the old fashioned, old lady who wears white lace and crochet and still expects young gentlemen to kiss her hand and bow to her and curtsies back, all stately and refined and she can outdance the young ones on the ballroom floor.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:00:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »
I do this quite frequently, and unfortunately it always seems to be the pricy ones that catch my eye.

I used to think Spanish Piggy Ponies were ugly... and then one day I rethought them and just had to have one. TAF baby ponies, keep them away from me before I start throwing my money at you... and don't even get me started on exclusive G3s, gah!

I feel like I need to slap myself sometimes. I of course suddenly fall for common ponies as well but that's less stressful than a couple hundred dollars worth of suddenly irresistible rare pony.
I swear, if I ever start thinking Rapunzel is prettier than I thought just ban me before I bankrupt myself.  :lol:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 03:29:04 PM »
Perfume Puffs for me as well. In topics about them everybody was cheering 'Red Roses! Red Roses!' but I just thought, weird unbrushable hair, not for me thanks. Then I saw a photo of a really mint, bright blue Dainty Dahlia and fell in love. I looked them up and realised that I'd been seeing the likes of Lavender Lace and Daisy Sweet all the time, who are completely not to my taste, then had somehow backed out quickly enough to never see the two from the set that I actually like. So now I'm on the Red Roses wagon as well... :P

The Ballerina/Baby Ballerina sets I never thought would appeal to me either, but Twinkle Dancer/Baby Toedancer and Posey Rose/Baby Tippytoes have wormed their way into my heart. Blue-pink and yellow-pink seem to be favourite colour combos with me, I just can't resist!

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
I hated Munchy as a child because I thought her symbols were silly for a MLP.  Then as an adult I fell in love with her and a Munchy from Iceland came to live with me.  I call her my Icelandic Pony.

I didn't like Snuzzle as a child either because she seems so blah with her grey colour but now I think she's cute and of course I bought one.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »
Not lately. But when I started collecting I had decided I did not want any princess ponies - I just didnt like them - their weird sticky out symbols and annoying tinsel in their hair. And then I met Princess Aquamarine and fell in love. Now they are one of my favourite sets!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »
I have suddenly discovered a G3 Pegasus called Royal Rose. She's gorgeous! and her strawberryreef pic does not do her justice! :D

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »
Snuzzle is the best, but she was always one of my faves. I've recently fallen for the G1 glitter ponies (I'm blanking on the name of that group) Sky Rocket, Napper, all of them. I used to hate see through ponies because I really dislike the look of the She-Ra see through horses, but when I realized the MLP weren't like that I became interested in the MLP.

Elf

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »
Cherry Berry from the Canterlot wedding wave caught my eye today when she hadn't before just because she's probably a little harder to find now. She came home with me

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 01:25:47 PM »
Like 5,000 of them. I will feel completely "meh" about a pony (or doll) and then someone will post a pic of one and I'll be completely bewitched. I especially notice it with g3's because I don't really collect them but sometimes they tempt me SO BAD. Stop being so pretty, g3's!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal