collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Giant Sundance Plush?  (Read 14984 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
The Giant Sundance Plush?
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:53:14 AM »
Who has the giant sundance plush?

Where did it come from? Where was is used? Was it just a display or not at all?

I saw this on the internet so long ago..
:accomplished:

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: The Giant Sundance Plush?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »
It belongs to Drusilla, and yes, it was a one off display/promotional thing rather than a general release.  I will direct her to this thread as I'm sure she can tell you more about it. :)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
thanks lancer for letting me know about this post. i just posted about her on the tp but here is the story here  :)

So here is the story of giant sundance....

Every week end my boyfriend and i would go out to local garage sales, church sales and second hand stores in search of ponies. Sometimes we would find some and other times my boyfriend would find old transformers that he collects. One day a house not even 5 minutes from my boyfriends house was having a garage sale. I'm talking literally around the corner from his place, a place where he has walked by a thousand times and never noticed something very important.

That Saturday the owners were having a garage sale, a very big one. There were many tables but nothing really good or worth buying. I should also mention that the yard on this property is very long and just big in general. I was digging through some boxes when my boyfriend mentions "oh yeah, this is the house with the big horse thing in the yard". I didn't really pay attention, i thought it was just one of those lawn decoration that you see around, you know those plastic brown "real horse" garden ornaments. He then looked in there backyard and said "hey there is that horse thing" I stopped digging through the box and looked up and immediately froze and did not move. I got giant goose bumps on my skin, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and my mouth was hanging wide open. I then smacked him on the arm and yelled "That is not a "horse thing" that is a giant sundance". He was all like "well how was i to know". I nearly killed him i really did LOL again i told him "how can you not know that is a sundance when the pony is standing on our bureau at home?"

I asked the lady having the garage sale if i could go see her horse in the backyard and she said "go ahead". Now... i live in quebec, canada so everything here is french and my french is not that great but me and the lady managed to understand each other. I walked over to the giant sundance and touched her, she is like a so soft with real feeling fur, something like velour. i also pushed on her body a little bit and she moved, i didn't think she weighed that much. when i first saw her i thought she was made out of something hard but looking more closely she is made out of fiberglass and material. She actually weighs in at 24 pounds. She is 43 inches high about 3 and a half feet , 40 inches long a little over 3 feet and 16 inches wide about a foot and a half. Sundance was filthy dirty, she had bugs crawling all over her, her hair was dried, faded and breaking off in my hands. He pink hair, symbols and bridle had lost allot of there color. The poor girl was also full of bird poop.

The people of the house kept her outside for the summer and in a car garage for the winter. I asked the lady where she got the horse and she told me she bought it from a garage sale in Ontario. I asked her if the horse was for sale and she said no! I was heartbroken to hear that. She had said they were having a garage sale and were  trying to make space in there garage and get rid of stuff. I asked her again if the horse was for sale "for the right price". She told me "anything is for sale for the right price". I only had 60 dollars on me (Canadian) and i asked her if she would take 60 for it. She went into her house to talk to her husband and came out and said she would sell her for 60. Now... can you imagine if this was you in my position? We are crazy pony people. Now try not to smile to hard and do not freak out and do not jump up and down in happiness. I handed over the money and walked all the way to the back of the yard and picked her up. Anyone who has met me knows i am short LOL i am only 5 foot 1. so trying to pick up sundance and carry her over grass is very difficult and awkward to do. I made it to the sidewalk and asked my boyfriend is he could carry her home. PLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE i begged him. What does he say "here you carry the bags i will grab the horse." It was no trouble for him because he is over 6 feet tall. Off we went around the corner with my loaded down with 5 or 6 bags and him with a giant pony in his arms.  You know i really love him right  :) yeah.....

We got to his house and i called my step dad and asked him to empty the trunk of the car and come pick me up. "why do i have to empty the trunk" my step dad asked. I said i went to a garage sale and got ponies. "wow you must have gotten allot of them" he said.  "nope just one" i replied.  It was so funny i was cracking up on the phone.  My step dad pulled up and we stuffed her in the trunk of the car and her 4 feet were sticking out the back because she was just to big. I was so nervous during the 5 minute drive home i was so afraid she would fall out or get more damaged.

Cleaning this pony was something else..... i got a towel and starting killing all ants, spiders and other bugs on her. I even sprayed her with raid to kill any other bugs on her, not a direct spray but a mist over her.  I then got a pet brush and started scraping her fur to loosen up the material and to pull off the dried bird poop that was stuck to her. I used an old hairbrush to brush her hair, the hair was just breaking in huge clumps, it was so dry from the sun that it turned white in some places but stayed a nice pink on the underside.  she has lost her flowers that were on her bridal and all i have left is the rusty wires that once held them. One side of her symbol and body is caved in and i have not tried to pop it back out. Her symbols are completely faded to white now but the unique thing i like about them is that they are all embroidered with thread.  If you look at the picture you can see that the symbol is a complete different circle part that fits into the body somehow. I have been tamped to try and see into the body somehow but never dared to do it. Her tail is also pretty cool because she is double tailed i like to call it. the top part is in the pony like a plug while the second part is help on by a strap.

She now stands in the pony room proudly on display for all to see. She is waiting for the day i  find her bbe baby to stand next to her.

Here are some before pictures

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here are some after pictures. i also have a giant sundance album on my facebook page.

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:57:03 AM »
Thanks for posting the story Drusilla! I will never tire of hearing it :) The before and afters are amazing! What a once in a lifetime find :)

Offline Elwyn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »
That is one giant Sundance for sure. :D She looks so poor on before pictures, I couldn't believe it is the same pony after cleaning. :faint: Thank you for sharing the story!

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:06:08 AM »
This is officially the most amazing pony thing I've ever seen! Thank you for finding her and restoring her. Congrats! When did this happen?

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
Wow! What a pony! I had never heard the story. Thanks so much for the interesting story and awesome accompanying pics! The find of a lifetime, I would say.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 09:07:26 AM »
My word. She is incredible.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »
holy crap 0-0 that is a giant sundance 0-0 and that is awesome
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Kittycat

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
Oh, you were so lucky to find her! And so is Sundance, that she was found by someone like you. It makes me so happy to see the the change in her from the before and after pictures. She looks awesome! :biggrin:

Blushes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »
Wowie! What an amazing story, it was such a fun read. What a good boyfriend you have! =) Thanks for sharing, hopefully you can locate her baby!

pinkiemoose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
GOODNESS she's magnificent!! :') congrats on such a great find <3

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »
Aweosme!! I've seen your pony before, but I never heard the story behind it. That's just amazing pony luck! You could win the lottery a hundred times before anything like that happened again. (completely made up statistics, but you know what I mean)
I'll put something here some time

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:50 AM »
Every time this pony shows up I want to just scream with delight. She's so awesome. Can I hug it? Pleeeease?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »
What an incredible story and I am glad you got to rescue her, but sheesh!  Her previous owners kept her OUTSIDE?  Oh my goodness!  She's a stuffed animal! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal