collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of collector are you?  (Read 5936 times)

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What kind of collector are you?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »
Do you only collect one generation?

I primarily collect G3 but I do have some of every Gen

Do you keep your ponies in their boxes?

I dont, because I'm convinced they have feelings and that they would feel trapped in their boxes

Do you collect every pony you can or do you only go for certain models/colours etc?

I used to collect any I could find but recently realized that it was costing me alot of money and space, so I sold a large portion of my collection and now only collect ponies I really love the look of

Is there a certain condition your ponies have to be in?

Badly cut hair is a big no no for me

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 08:56:58 PM »
•Do you only collect one generation?
I actively collect G1 (they are my focus), although I have G4s, I have cut down on collecting them. I have a small amount of G2 and G3 sprinkled into the mix

•Do you keep your ponies in their boxes?
I did in when I first started collecting G4, now the majority of the collection has been released from their boxes. I have a handful of G4s still in their original packaging, 1 G1 MOC and 1 G3 MIB.

•Do you collect every pony you can or do you only go for certain models/colours etc?
I only collect the ones that I like, there are far too many ponies spanning the generations and far too little space and money lol

•Is there a certain condition your ponies have to be in?
I just like them to display nicely, obviously the better the condition, the happier I am, but I have ponies with all sorts of flaws too :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
Basically a G1 collector so yes other than G3 exclusives and a handful I love and a couple of G4s too

G3 exclusives I've deboxed for display but kept boxes, G4 loose and I would never open a MOC/MIB G1 unless the pony was falling out or damaged etc

Do you collect every pony you can or do you only go for certain models/colours etc?
Used to collect everything and planned on trying for a complete US collection now downsizing to a cabinet full of my most special ponies a huge collection isn't for me I've come around to deciding.

Mint or as close too with all original accessories unless rare or very expensive.  I love pink hair, factory curls, factory scent etc  :lol:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:10 AM »
Nope, I collect G1/2/3/4. Not 3.5.

Not most of them live free, however there's Shadowbolt Dash, who lives in her box, because I'd probably cry if I had to tough her horribly glued-up 'do!

ALL the ponies! No, I just buy ponies I like, but eventually I'll have to decide how far I want to go.

Obviously the nicer the better - but I'll take anyone in! I'm a restore nut, and I love them all the better if I make them pretty myself!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 01:25:53 AM »

•Do you only collect one generation?
96% G4, if I spot any other gen ponies at the thrift store I dont mind them adding them to the herd! I own one G1 pony and some G1 merch. I love all gens but G4 is the gen that is happening now and best fits my personality. I collect. ANYTHING G4 localy that also sticks to my budget of $40 max a paycheck.

•Do you keep your ponies in their boxes?
I take my playful ponies and blindbags out of their packaging. My  electronic ponies, con exclusive, Funkos, etc I keep in the boxes to prevent damage. Im both an in-box and de-box collector

•Do you collect every pony you can or do you only go for certain models/colours etc?
I collect variants, little details are important to me! I have like 30 different Pinkie Pie toys, all are different in my eyes because of different variants and releases.

•Is there a certain condition your ponies have to be in?
I keep them as new looking possible (although most are free from packaging) I even use my nice conditioner for their hair! I will adopt any sad looking ponies and try to restore them, preserving toys is important to me!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:31:57 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Ariadna

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 01:58:31 AM »

I primarily collect fakies, G1 and a bit of G3

Actual MLP, yes, fakies it depends on what fakie it is.

I hope to collect all the G1's (bar prototypes) *sigh* one day. As for fakies, some I want to get all the colours/varieties in, others I am happy to have one of that kind

I prefer my MLP to be in excellent to mint condition, however, once I have a bit more experience am happy to take on ponies that are also in need of some TLC :)
Fakies I'll take in any condition!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 04:56:06 AM »
I collect G1 and G3. Some of my ponies are loose and some are MIB/MOC. All of them are in mint condition, though. I only collect my absolute favorites. I'd rather have a small collection of 20 that I love than 300 I don't care about. It's quality versus quantity.

Offline candiedapples

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 06:42:22 AM »
I collect G1, G3, and G4. I grew up with G1, so I have a soft spot for them. My favorite G3 ponies are the art ponies and other special ones. With these two gens I stick to ponies rather than all the merch. G4 is my main focus because FiM is one of my favorite shows. I like a lot of the merch including t-shirts, jewelry, and trading cards.

The special ponies such as the Fair and SDCC ones stay boxed up. They look so nice and they can't get dusty in there. Most everyone else gets deboxed and gets a place on the shelf. One thing I like about the Funko Vinyl ponies is that they are really easy to put back in their boxes again.

I have to be selective in my new additions because of money and space considerations. For my G1 collection I am interested in completing a set or two, including the TAF girls. Mostly I'm not interested in buying up everyone, just the characters that really speak to me. Also, I would like to add more customs and alternate rehairs to my group. I love how talented people are in this fandom!

I'm not a customizer so I don't go for the really baity ones. I can overlook a few flaws as long as the ponies display well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:57:45 AM by candiedapples »

Summer Daze Swap Wishlist
Banner made by dashesndots

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »
There's lots of diversity here! I'm glad I'm not the only one who deboxes my ponies!  :lol:

I'll give a more detailed answer myself as I didn't say much in my original post :P

I'm a collector of all generations. I aim to have one of every single pony at some point, which is unlikely, but I will try to get as many as I can. I'm not too fussed about variants, so I don't buy every re-release of a pony. But if I do end up with a variant of a pony I keep it.

I started out collecting G4, and I'm now trying to complete my G4 collection. I'm about 5 ponies off having at least one variant of every pony released (excluding blind bags, although I do have the full Wave 3 set). I originally intended to buy the mane 6 only, but then I enjoyed buying them so much that I started to buy other G4's they had out at the time (Blossomforth, Dewdrop Dazzle, Lulu Luck and Sugarcup). But when I'd bought all of them I started to get the collecting bug and there was nothing else really to collect, which is why I began to collect other generations too. My first G3 was Petal Blossom, I found her in a charity shop by chance. My first G1 was Moonstone, and my first G2 was Princess Crystal.

I'm not too fussed about playsets and accessories, but when I do get hold of them (usually as part of a bundle) I either keep them somewhere in the cupboard or give them to my younger sister who's 5. She also gets all my duplicates :P

I will literally collect any pony I can get hold of, as long as it's legitimate, AKA not a Fakie. I love the Summer for this, because you can find so many ponies at carboot sales. However there are of course ponies I want more than others, which I buy specifically online.

I am seriously running out of display room for all my ponies and I'm starting to worry about when I get more because I will literally have nowhere to put them unless I pile them on top of the others. But I'll still buy more anyway. 'Cause I have no sense xD

As for condition, if I ever see a pony that I don't have, I will get it, regardless of it's condition. It would have to be in absolutely terrible shape for me to not get it. However I am always on the look out for better condition versions of that pony!  :biggrin:

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

CottonTALE

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:38 AM »
I only really collect G4s.

Due to lack of space, I can't keep many things in their packaging.

I only collect the regular size, princess pose, and anything Fluttershy.

I'd prefer the ponies to be clean with no haircuts.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 10:06:09 AM »
  • Do you only collect one generation?
I actively collect G1 for myself and G4 for my daughter but we collect anything  that we find second hand. We have 2 G2`s a handful of 3.5 and 40ish G3s. We have lots of G1 playsets and accessories and  most G4 accessories.

• Do you keep your ponies in their boxes?
I have 1 g1 in its box and a couple g4 doubles but mostly loose

• Do you collect every pony you can or do you only go for certain models/colours etc?
All G1s and g4s. My goal is to get one varient of each US release G1 and G4.  The other gens I get whatever I come across in thrift stores/yard sales.

• Is there a certain condition your ponies have to be in?
Any and all conditions. I like as nice condition as posible but have everything from headless/bodyless bait to MIB.

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 11:17:34 AM »
I collect g1 and g3.  Mostly g3 since they are easier to find in good condition.  I want to eventually get all my childhood g1 ponies, since I don't know what happened to them.  I have a handful of g4s, only the ones that catch my fancy like the black ponies.  But I never got into the show and they are so odd looking it's hard for me to connect with them.

I mostly debox.  I do have a few boxed g3s, like my fair ponies and the pony project ponies and my 50 first Fizzy Pop.  Everything else got deboxed.  I like being able to touch them.  G4 has always gotten deboxed.  I'm not happy enough with the quality to keep them mib.  And I couldn't afford a mib/moc g1.

I buy mostly what I like.  I had wanted all of the unicorns of g3 but by the time they came out I was distracted by life so I haven't really been actively collecting since 2006.  As for g4 I am mostly drawn towards the background characters, I don't need an army of different mane 6.  I also love the black mini mysteries. Some about the black within all that cute and sparkles just makes my dark heart happy XD  haha mostly kidding.  They hang out with my black project pony and their overlord.

I like good condition which I try to do with g1.  But my poor childhood ponies that I could find are in a little rough shape.  Still keeping them and trying to restore them.

Offline Hope1989

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hope's My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 01:16:09 PM »

No, I collect almost all (except G3.5 - they scare me D: ) Now I'm mainly into G1 :) But - for today - the biggest part of my collection are G3s :)

Some of them ;) I have some G4, G3 and G2 in boxes but it's hard! I just can't resist of opening the box and comb them ^U^

Hmmm... Nope... I'm collecting only those which I like...or they're in good price  :blush:

Mmmmm nope. I'd like them to be all in good/mint condition but I also have a lot in poor condition and I love them all <3 Every pony needs some love  :lovey:

WTB! Sdcc 2013 Exclusives My Little Pony DJ Pon-3
Have 2 Crystal Empire Promo Packs NIP for sale! Interested in? Write me ^^
My collection: old thread 1 , old thread 2 NEW ONE:happy:
FB page
Wishlist

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »
Hmmm....good questions.

I collect majority G1; however I do have ponies from all generation around here :)

As a G1 collector - yes they stay in their boxes. If I pick up a G4 from the store...nope she will be freed!

For G1 every pony. For the other gens, really just the few which I particularly like.

G1 as minty as possible :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
ok when I read this question my answer in my j
head was
I'm a crazy collector  :lol:
I have branched out into nirvana you see and I love merchandise too