collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of shelving do you use to display your ponies?  (Read 2187 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of shelving do you use to display your ponies?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »
Great ways to display ponies guys!  I need to make risers for my ponies so I can see/show off more

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
How much do these billy shelves run with glass doors? looks like something to invest in ^^

Billy shelves are great! And you can get them In so many different colors aswell! :)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11683/

I have my ponies in a Billy with glassdoors and also in a Expedit-shelf from IKEA, but we are moving all ponies into the Billy next week. Where do you find the risers? I would love to get some for my ponies in the back! ^.^

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
How much do these billy shelves run with glass doors? looks like something to invest in ^^

Billy shelves are great! And you can get them In so many different colors aswell! :)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11683/

I have my ponies in a Billy with glassdoors and also in a Expedit-shelf from IKEA, but we are moving all ponies into the Billy next week. Where do you find the risers? I would love to get some for my ponies in the back! ^.^

I make my risers out of foam board, [hot] glued together. They work very well!

I do use Expedit shelves for some things, as well. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
Billy bookcases here as well :) I have an entire pony room which is just billy bookcases [and cd racks] for the ponies :) I once read a statistic about how many billy bookcases IKEA sell a year - it was scary and indicated that either there are a lot of pony collectors out there or its the most common bookcase ever :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
i  use whatever shelving i   can get  for the  holes in my room and occasinaly move them around  XD i have  bookshelves  and then  small   shelves and a entertianment   center and even  a  old     shelving that was  on a  navy ship in my corner and a rolling rack. and stackable      blackshelving. and  rolling shelves. i would love to get enclosed cabnits

i   use   foam rises  spice racks    nad  clear plastic risers.  all depends on what i can get.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »
I use a white extra deep bookcase from Argos, but Ive pretty much ran out of room on it now so I need to get some new shelves as I have no more room for another bookcase.  I have some risers on 4 of the 7 shelves that I made out of various things I found in my home/ One shelf without risers has my G3 styling ponies at the back and another has my Pinkie Pie army, my mini Peachy army and my G2 Wedding Chapel on it, with any ponies that didn't otherwise have a home in between and my dollymix/ponyville/breezies and blind bag ponies at the front. The last shelf without risers doesnt need them as it is home to my Pony Books and DVD's plus my Lullaby Nursery.

I am happy with my current display however I was in the Next furniture outlet store yesterday and I saw the most beautiful display Cabinet. Should I ever downsize my collection I will use the sales money to buy a cabinet like it and keep my ponies inside with any mint in box collectors toys on the top.

Captain cabinets trapped in cabinets. Can he get out? Will he get out? Course he will!  :silly:

Offline KarRedRoses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »
I've got my herd in a large videogame cabinet I picked up at a KayBee Toys that was closing for good. It's eight ft tall, about four feet wide and has adjustable shelving, lights glass doors and locks! There's a large strage compartment underneath it where I store comics, books, and seasonal ponies and pony items. I paid only $150 for it but I had to haul it out myself in two pieces, six city blocks and up three flights of stairs! Totally worth the sore limbs... My ponies are safe and happy in their glass encasement ^_^

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »
A good portion of my collection is spread out in 2 different kinds of curio cabinets (4 cabinets all together) that were all found secondhand. I LOVE having my ponies behind glass. But sadly a lot also live on random shelves around my room. A couple CD shelves, and various random wall shelves.

I've got my herd in a large videogame cabinet I picked up at a KayBee Toys that was closing for good. It's eight ft tall, about four feet wide and has adjustable shelving, lights glass doors and locks! There's a large strage compartment underneath it where I store comics, books, and seasonal ponies and pony items. I paid only $150 for it but I had to haul it out myself in two pieces, six city blocks and up three flights of stairs! Totally worth the sore limbs... My ponies are safe and happy in their glass encasement ^_^

That sounds amazing! (also RIP KB Toys) Got any pics?  :happy:

MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »
I'm planning on Billy Bookcases with glass doors (dust!) and risers when I move out, to keep it nice and uniform... they'll be my housewarming gifts in fact lololol. At the moment I use my old bookcase I've had since I was a child, some simple shelves I put up (from ikea), and a disassembled desk shelving thingy... not the best but they'll do until I get my Billys! :biggrin:

I wish I could have a pony room as well but I kind of do, it's just that it's also my bedroom. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 04:40:48 AM »
I wish I could have a pony room as well but I kind of do, it's just that it's also my bedroom. :P

Me too, I had my room redecorated a while back and since my collection had finally filled out and got some variety in it I decided I wanted a proper place to display them. hence, my 18th Birthday present was a My Little Pony themed bedroom!

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:29 AM »
Yepp, white Ikea Billy's here as well =)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
Billy bookcases are best and they're so versatile, you can have glass shelves and lighting installed with glass doors and you've got yourself a museum of MLP goodness.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »
Man, I think I need to go to Ikea this weekend and get some of those Billy bookcases!

Is there any problem with the paint staining the ponies (for those who got painted bookcases)?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
I used the billy bookcases with glass door.  Mine are the extra deep ones, 15ish inches, with room for 3 rows of ponies with home made risers.  The ones I chose were $220 each, $120 of which was for the doors (that's in Canada, so probably cheaper in the US).

I got them in white, to show off the pony colours.  I only got them a couple weeks ago, and I'm still in the process of setting up my display.   So far, I'm loving them =)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »
I use those two-tiered closet shoe organizers that they sell at Lowes.  They fit G3s PERFECTLY and probably 70% of my G1s (most pegs, unis and SHSs are just a smidge too tall for them though).  I have them floor to ceiling on some places in my pony room :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal