collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My poor Lemon Drop - removing recent stains  (Read 390 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
My poor Lemon Drop - removing recent stains
« on: August 26, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »

Hello!  So I was visiting home recently (where I store my ponies), and I took out my minty Lemon Drop.  She is gorgeous!  I also pulled out some accessories, including the pink saddle from the Show Stable (you know where this is going).  I put it on her, and it was on for a little over a week.  I know better than to store ponies with clothes on, but I never thought a little more than I week would produce . . .

SADDLE STAINS!

I did some looking around here about sunfading, Remove-Zit, etc., but I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on this since these are *recent* stains.  At least I don't ever remember seeing them.  They're aren't particularly dark, but they bother me, and I'd love to see them gone!

I've learned my lesson--no more saddles, period.  Kind of sad:(

Thanks for any suggestions!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: My poor Lemon Drop - removing recent stains
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:36:53 AM »
Oh thats a shame :hug:...unfortunately the type of plastic and the way it sweats does mean even a short contact can cause stains.

Even though its been a short time the problem you have is that it is essentially like removing dye from a pony - as that is what has rubbed from the saddle on to the pony.

I would say try magic eraser first on the hope that the dye hasnt seeped anywhere other than the surface and see if that makes a difference. If it doesnt its going to have to be sun fade in order to move as much of the stain as possible.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal