collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 597
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

You win an Auction of G1 ponies from a lady selling her childhood collection.  A month later you are cleaning them and discover 300.00 tucked away in the body of Firefly? What would you do?

Write the seller and offer to send the money back.
92 (66.7%)
Keep the money after all I won the auction.
31 (22.5%)
Donate the 300.00 to a child's Charity.
4 (2.9%)
Give the money to someone you know that is struggling for cash.
4 (2.9%)
Spend the money immediately on ponies.
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: June 14, 2012, 12:52:58 PM

Author Topic: What Would You Do in This Situation?  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
Re: What Would You Do in This Situation?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
If I still had the address of the person on hand I'd probably mail it right back with a note without asking first. It would be a nice surprise for her, heh heh. But the chances that I'd still have her address after a month is slim, so messaging her would be the next best thing :)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:52:56 PM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
to be honest... as I know myself, after a month or two I would have forgot who I bought that pony from. When I get new ponies that have to be cleaned they have to sit and wait in a box with other "have-to-clean" ponies. I have to admit, Id never ever truly remember after month who I bought this and that from. Well, lets say, it depends ;) Bus most of the times, I dont remember. So, if I find 300.00,- inside a pony and dont remember truly where I did get that pony from : I keep it.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 06:07:51 AM »
Yea sadly I buy ponies in small amounts and I clean them pretty quick and since the places I buy them keep a record of what I get...unless the photo was gone I know I would be able to figure out who sent them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 06:50:41 AM »
So everyone says they'd contact the seller.. but looking at the votes that's not the only option people chose ;)

Not that it matters, i wouldn't judge people who'd keep the money. It's all your own personal choise :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 07:18:51 AM »
So everyone says they'd contact the seller.. but looking at the votes that's not the only option people chose ;)

Not that it matters, i wouldn't judge people who'd keep the money. It's all your own personal choise :)

Oh I have seen a few posts where people have admitted they would do something else.  Then also there are people that vote and do not post...its pretty accurate I think. I admire the people that said they would keep it honestly...because at least they are honest about what they would do with it lol.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

BeverlysLittlePony2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 07:44:07 AM »
Haha, I clicked "contact the seller," but as I went to click 'submit poll,' I got a little click-happy, and somehow changed my answer to "SPEND THE MONEY IMMEDIATELY ON PONIES" and managed to click submit before I could fix it. What can I say? THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE HEART WANTS. :lmao:

ROFLOL yea this is funny...

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

keikokukien

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
Definately write the seller. That is ill gotten gain and who knows? Maybe she needs the money for something important. Either way, it was not part of the auction. Keeping it or giving it away just isn't right unless the seller agrees to give it to you/charity/ponies. Unless there is a note inside indicating that this was intentional and a random act of pony kindness, then informing the seller is the right thing to do.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
I would definetly keep the money. It would be her own fault if she forgot she put money in the ponies. I wouldn't count it as stealing as she sold me them.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 08:54:19 AM »
I would contact the seller immediately.  It would be dishonest not to do so, unless the auction mentioned somewhere "one pony is stuffed with money!!" XD  If it isn't knowingly part of the auction, then the seller had no intention of giving you that money and it is not yours.  You bought ponies, not cash.

Offline saikune

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »
Quite honestly I would just keep it, but then again I'm kinda terrible like that. I mean, she left it in there and forgot it... finders keepers.
Meh, karma would probably end up biting me in the butt, but oh well. XD
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,300089.0.html (<-- my wishlist) (not buying atm though)

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »
Ok, I don't see many "I would keep the money" people, so I am going to say that answer (I am a bad girl!)

If I look at it from the seller's view, if I saved up some money and shoved it inside a pony and then forgot about it, I probably don't need the money. Sure, if I found out later that I forgot that I put money in the pony and then sold it, I would feel really silly and disappointed with myself. Kind of like ooops  >_<  oh well. It's only 300 bucks that I wasn't relying on anyway. Reminds me of when my husband lost my nintendo DS in an airplane and no one turned it in.

I am going to make an analogy here. What if say, instead of 300 dollars in a Firefly, the Firefly was a rare variant worth $300 dollars instead? If I got the rare $300 dollar Firefly for a low price, it would be like the seller losing money on their item as well.  Like what if you saw an Ice Crystal for sale for 5 dollars and bought it, would you feel guilty about getting it for such a low price?

I am here to challenge your morals!  ;) 

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »
I'm in the same boat with a bunch of others, even if I were struggling for money I would have to write the seller about it. I would feel really guilty about just keeping something like that.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 11:20:40 AM

I am going to make an analogy here. What if say, instead of 300 dollars in a Firefly, the Firefly was a rare variant worth $300 dollars instead? If I got the rare $300 dollar Firefly for a low price, it would be like the seller losing money on their item as well.  Like what if you saw an Ice Crystal for sale for 5 dollars and bought it, would you feel guilty about getting it for such a low price?

Actually, yes, yes I would. I mean that's no where near the ball-park range for an Ice Crystal. Most of the ponies we 'buy' have a range between them. I've gotten some minty ponies for less than mint prices, but when I'm bidding I always put in what I think the fair market price is - because bottom line is that is what I am willing to pay. If for some shocking reason, I did end up with an Ice Crystal for $5, my personality wouldn't allow me to just skate away with that. I would feel compelled to speak with the seller and offer a fair price.

Heck, I've had the opposite happen a couple of times, where I've sold something and it went WAY over market price and I felt guilty because I felt like I was ripping someone off. I realize it's not very realistic of me, but I still try and be mostly fair.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:20:40 AM by SurfStar »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
I would keep it. This is a pony I won in an auction. There is no reason for me to continue contact with the seller -shrug-

If it was someone who found out I was a collector and gave me their ponies, or let me buy them but had no intention of selling otherwise, that's different.

I came across a dude who was selling polished rocks at a garage sale. Most of it was agate, but one was dendritic quartz - and a big chunk too. Everything on the table was three bucks each. I went through it, took the quartz and some others, paid the guy and went home. You know how much a nice polished piece of dendritic quartz can go for? Waaaay more than three dollars :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
okay, the server just had an error and changed away while i was typing. u.u"

i would definiately contact her, ist hers, she earned and maybe someonev planned something for this money? maybe they need it for rent, medical care, et cetera.
even if i would find outr old currency mark, i would send it back for sentimental reasons. its nice to remember how you haad dreams you saved money for.maybe a new pony? colorfull stickers, sweets,..
i also found 30 mark (i guess 20 $) in an old pictureframe, a year after we changes the currency. XD i still keep it somewhere and it is precious to me.

once, i did send about 200 euro in a g3 from ireland to my friend at home in germany. she had to cut it open to get it, she told me. XD
soo, g3 doesen´t fit great!
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »
I voted that I would keep it, but in reality it would depend on the seller.

Ebay - sure thing, it's mine. I'm skint and it would be very helpful.

But an Arena or PonyCon seller? I would contact them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal