collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The moment of silence thread for lost or destroyed ponies.  (Read 3304 times)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
Re: The moment of silence thread for lost or destroyed ponies.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 03:39:02 AM »
A moment of silence for my entire, near perfect G2 collection :(
I'm pretty sure my mom threw them all away.
don't you just hate it when mom's throw away your stuff:(
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 03:51:04 AM »
For Tex, deflocked Twilight, and some G4s I had won who was lost in mail on their way to me. :cry:

I dont know what really happened to Tex and Twilight, I bought them here on the arena from Firecracker burst, she said she shipped them but they never arrived  and after one month of waiting, Firecracker burst never replied, nor did she ever log back in....For all I know she could have ripped me off and never mailed them at all... :(

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 04:17:08 AM »
My back cards and boxes for my childhood G1s that I, yes I, threw out in my early twenties. I only have the Show Stable box left because the stable and ponies are being stored in it. There was storage room for the boxes but I just thought it was time for them to go. So stupid. Plus, I didn't like doing it. :huh:

I'd like to know what the parents that have thrown out ponies think now when their children have started collecting them. Do they feel sorry for throwing them out?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 04:26:02 AM »
A moment of silence for the G3 Glitterbelle I sold in a moment of madness. I miss you Glitterbelle, I hope your new owner takes good care of you.

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 04:40:54 AM »
A moment of silence for my box of brushable petite ponies. I had many of them as a kid and loved the bowtie looking pony. One white was lost in the bathroom drain, a yellow was stolen by my cousin and the rest I think was given away.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 04:48:26 AM »
For Gingerbread... I thought she was bait. She wasnt. I removed the gems and I used them for another bait pony. I'm sorry Ginger.... please don't kill me guys, I feel awful as it is ! :( R.I.P Ginger.x

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
a moment of silence to my childhood g3 collection that was literally ripped out of my hands and thrown out by my mom during one of her hissyfits. they were all i had left to remember my grandma by :'(

but at least i have bought most of the ones i remember having again off of here and ebay.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 08:14:44 AM »
Gosh all these missing ponies - hopefully they are all "living it up" away from us...

Alas I do think back to my childhood collection which my mum gave away to the little girl up the road when she thought I had "out grown" ponies...I have no doubt they had a fabulous second child hood with their new pony mummy though rather than being locked up in a cupboard so I dont feel too bad.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

waterfire852

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
A moment of silence for my ponyville and G3 collection sold at a yard sale...

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »
A moment of silence for my childhood collection (100+ ponies, including full sets of the TAF baby & pearl baby mail orders) that my alcoholic, abusive father burned in a bonfire back in '91 after my mom took my brothers and I while he was at work and left. She went back the next day to get the rest of our stuff (with friends as backup just in case) and found all of my toys had been burned. I was only 9 at the time, and completely devastated. And since it was basically the end of the G1s, I couldn't have them replaced. Then a few years ago I found a couple of G1s in a thrift store and decided then that I wanted to start collecting ponies and maybe replace some of my childhood collection. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to replace my absolute favorites (Baby Dancing Butterflies, Baby Lucky Leaf and twins Sticky & Sniffles) since I can't afford them.

And while I'm at it, another moment of silence for my current grail, G4 Star Swirl that I was supposed to receive in a trade back in early March that never showed up. So now if I want another one, I'll have to spend another $25-30 on her, which would make her way too expensive and way out of my budget, which now makes her unattainable for me.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 08:58:43 AM »
A moment of silence for my childhood collection (100+ ponies, including full sets of the TAF baby & pearl baby mail orders) that my alcoholic, abusive father burned in a bonfire back in '91 after my mom took my brothers and I while he was at work and left. She went back the next day to get the rest of our stuff (with friends as backup just in case) and found all of my toys had been burned. I was only 9 at the time, and completely devastated. And since it was basically the end of the G1s, I couldn't have them replaced. Then a few years ago I found a couple of G1s in a thrift store and decided then that I wanted to start collecting ponies and maybe replace some of my childhood collection. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to replace my absolute favorites (Baby Dancing Butterflies, Baby Lucky Leaf and twins Sticky & Sniffles) since I can't afford them.

And while I'm at it, another moment of silence for my current grail, G4 Star Swirl that I was supposed to receive in a trade back in early March that never showed up. So now if I want another one, I'll have to spend another $25-30 on her, which would make her way too expensive and way out of my budget, which now makes her unattainable for me.

:'( That's terrible. I'm so sorry! xxx

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »
A moment of silence for my dozen G1's, left on the train on a trip to Grandma's.  My older sister (14 years older) was supposed to grab the bag of toys and didn't.  I never saw those ponies again, or Baby Bear.  But, Grandma bought me a new Baby Bear and I still love her to this day! We also got more ponies =)

And another moment of silence for my darned Show Stable. I haven't seen it since I moved from Colorado in 1998. I know it's somewhere in my parents house, but over a decade of looking has not turned it up yet. I've had three other show stables pass through my hands since then and I've sold them all.  I only want my childhood one.

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
For all my ponies who were thrown out because I took good care of them.. (Long story)

I would like to hear this story, Moongazer.  It sounds like a tale I'd like to hear. 

Okay. So I had a few ponies when I was little, and I loved the SO MUCH. I played with them all the time, brushed their hair, and never did anything bad to them. I only played with them when my parents were at work, and when they came home I put them on my dresser all nice and neat to eat dinner and spend time with my parents. My mom thought I never liked them because "They are too pretty to be played with" (Her logic makes no sense to me) And threw them all out except for one which I was playing with when she threw them out. I only knew she threw them out recently, I always thought they were lost when we moved. 
 :sad:

R.I.P, all my ponies, I loved you so much.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2012, 09:28:56 AM »
For all my ponies who were thrown out because I took good care of them.. (Long story)

I would like to hear this story, Moongazer.  It sounds like a tale I'd like to hear. 

Okay. So I had a few ponies when I was little, and I loved the SO MUCH. I played with them all the time, brushed their hair, and never did anything bad to them. I only played with them when my parents were at work, and when they came home I put them on my dresser all nice and neat to eat dinner and spend time with my parents. My mom thought I never liked them because "They are too pretty to be played with" (Her logic makes no sense to me) And threw them all out except for one which I was playing with when she threw them out. I only knew she threw them out recently, I always thought they were lost when we moved. 

Wow. I also took really good care of my ponies when I was a kid and I guess that's pretty rare. I always remembered how when I'd go to friends' houses, their ponies (and Barbies) would be in terrible condition, with ratted hair and marker all over them, heads missing, etc and I always wondered why anyone would do that.

Of course, I knew I'd get beaten if I ruined any of my toys, so that made me a bit more careful. When I was like 3 or 4, I left my tricycle in the driveway and my dad purposely ran it over to make a point, then beat me with an extension cord. After that, I was terrified of doing anything bad to any of my toys.

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 09:44:08 AM »

Wow. I also took really good care of my ponies when I was a kid and I guess that's pretty rare. I always remembered how when I'd go to friends' houses, their ponies (and Barbies) would be in terrible condition, with ratted hair and marker all over them, heads missing, etc and I always wondered why anyone would do that.

Of course, I knew I'd get beaten if I ruined any of my toys, so that made me a bit more careful. When I was like 3 or 4, I left my tricycle in the driveway and my dad purposely ran it over to make a point, then beat me with an extension cord. After that, I was terrified of doing anything bad to any of my toys.

O.O WHAT!? That horrible!  :dropjaw: Why would he do that..?  :yikes:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal