collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of spot is this?  (Read 545 times)

kidcaella

• Trade Count: (0)
What kind of spot is this?
« on: May 19, 2012, 05:07:48 PM »
Hi everypony,

i recently received a lot of baity ponies, including an *okay* looking Sweet Stuff. I thought she had cancer spots, but upon closer inspection in bright sunlight all the larger (2-3mm) spots are surrounded by a light colored ring that is about twice the size as the spot itself. The light colored ring is actually a brighter and lighter shade of blue than her skin, and her coloring is true. It won't show up on my camera unfortunately, but has anyone got any info on this? Ive heard that cancer is brown with a darker dot in the center, but these are evenly brown. Help please!  >_<

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of spot is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:19:35 PM »
I'm no expert, but evenly brown spots sound like some kind of stain and the light ring might suggest it was with something that stresses the material.  Don't take this as what definitely happened.  This is me just thinking through what you're saying.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
If part of the spot is a lighter blue, I think it might possibly be regrind. That's just a guess though. If you could take a picture, it's much easier to identify these things by sight :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »
Its possible that somebody tried to wash off the brown spots with something. The brown spots with light brown around them can be caused by bacteria in the plastic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 03:42:07 AM »
So she has a brown circle which is then surrounded by a lighter circle which at the moment is an off shade of blue?

As babystarz says pictures are going to be the best way for people to offer suggestions...but I think it still sounds like cancer its just that the discoloured area around the brown spot is still in the process of degrading so hasn't converted to brown yet. If you look at most cancer marks they tend to have a darker core and surrounding that lighter brown and surrounding that a lighter brown until you get just an off colour around the edges...kind of like like a gradient of brown to white [body colour] if that makes sense?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal