collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where do you find pony bags in Goodwill?  (Read 9292 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you find pony bags in Goodwill?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »
Wow, after reading this I must be lucky because I have 7 Goodwills in my county in GA and they all carry toys and I have found at least G3s at all of them. I found G1s at two of the locations on more than on occasion.

I also have a Value Village which I have found all gens of ponies. There are a few St. Vincent Paul shops but they don't carry toys except beanie babies.

In my boyfriends side of town, there are less Goodwills, but they also carry toys. 

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
I have found ponies at Goodwill on occasion. I once found 3 baby pones each bagged individually with a few accessories. I'f found single loose ponies with the price sticker usually all stick in their hair and crazy. I've also found them in big gallon ziplock bags with lots of other toys. They also sometimes do shoeboxes of toys with the top covered in cleat tape so that it's hard to shake the toys around to see if there's any pony stuff but sometimes you get lucky.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »
I've only seen ponies twice at our local GoodWill.
I found Rarity's Carousel Boutique in its box. I wouldn't consider it MIB because the box was opened and a little damaged, but all the pieces were inside.
And there was a very dirty Minty plush.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
The Goodwills around me carry toys, but I've never seen a single pony there. Just my luck. ><

A lot of their toys look like toys that were for sale for a looong time in some other store and didn't sell, so they were donated to Goodwill. A couple months ago I saw U.B. Funkeyz for sale there, and those were discontinued a year or more ago... xD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
The Goodwill makes their own toys? That's odd. Didn't know they did that.

Most Goodwills are simply used items. All the ponies I find are in the toys section (all used) and are in large $5 bags organized by gender (girl toys together, then boy toys together). Then as for the playsets, their usually in the area for larger toys and are usually around $4. Plushies have their own section, and So Soft Newborns are usually found in the baby doll or the plush section. As for what generations I've found, all of them, 1, 2, 3, 3.5, and 4.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »
I don't think they actually make them. I think they have dollar store type stuff that they buy and package up.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »
Wardah is right, the toys are usually a large amount of cheap toys bought in bulk, like what you'd see at a dollar store.

My VV has been dry for a long time, I think Baby Lickityspit and Rad always get there before I do :P

I miss the good ole days of finding ponies all the time in 2nd hand shops! I haven't truly gone pony hunting in AGES because of it!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 08:15:45 PM »
It seems every Goodwill is extremely different from the last judging by these replies, I thought for the most part they at least all had toys of some kind.

We got our cities very first Goodwill only a year ago so it really hasn't proven beneficial for pony hunting yet but I've been lucky in finding plenty of G1's to G3's at other local thrift stores, sometimes sold separately or in a "pony grab bag", which is usually only 5 bucks for the entire bag.  Flea Markets seem to be the best place locally for me to find them, unfortunately due to my frequent visits some of the vendors have "wised" up and now charge above and beyond for many of the ponies they find. Examples, one lady had McD's for years for free but just last weekend I saw her selling the G3.5 McD's for five bucks a pop hah.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
Most of the ponies never end up in the Goodwills here. They go to the auction site Goodwill has now.  There is never anything good at Goodwill since they started that blaaaa

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Obsydian

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 09:12:08 PM »
Our Goodwill never has ponies.  Ours isn't that kind of shop. :(

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »
I think some goodwills are more active in selling on their online website. Good luck paying for shipping and handling or getting what is pictured. I've seen pictures under pony lots that weren't even toys. I don't believe you know what you are actually going to get when you order from them.

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
I have found a lot of my G3s and a G2 at my Goodwill. The other day my pony senses were tingling and I found 6 great shape ponies. And most are a dollar or less.

YellowCat

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
My Goodwill only has baby toys and plushies.  I only have luck finding ponies and other toys at locally run thrift shops, not the chains like Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
I have found ponies at Goodwill on occasion. I once found 3 baby pones each bagged individually with a few accessories. I'f found single loose ponies with the price sticker usually all stick in their hair and crazy. I've also found them in big gallon ziplock bags with lots of other toys. They also sometimes do shoeboxes of toys with the top covered in cleat tape so that it's hard to shake the toys around to see if there's any pony stuff but sometimes you get lucky.

I know its technically wrong, but I open the bags.  I rip open a hole so I can see the condition of the ponies.  And sometimes if there is more than one bag with ponies, I switch them from bag to bag so I can get a good bag of ponies I like.  I've bought too many ponies in bags and get a bag with horrible condition ponies.  None of the employees ever pay attention, and they probably just think its a kid who opened the bags (which is usually the case).  At least I don't switch sticker colors on books and cds like my friend so she can get the color of the week and discount.  =-P

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
Thank you guys for clearing that up for me. My Goodwill truly is crappy. It sucks that all the stuff goes to the auction site, considering I hate having to "fight" people for ponies. Looks like I'll never set foot in a goodwill again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal