collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth Removal  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Wisdom Teeth Removal
« on: February 09, 2023, 09:41:01 AM »
Hey everyone. I am getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday, February 10. I will most likely not be posting during the day, but later in the afternoon. (Pain scale). I will keep everyone updated on how I feel, and possibly post pictures (if that is allowed. might put like a trigger warning for those who do not like medical things). I hope to update everyone tomorrow evening on my progress and have a great day!
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Wisdom Teeth Removal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 11:36:26 AM »
I hope everything goes well and not too much pain is involved.  When I did it, I went straight to bed and slept through most of the recovery.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 01:34:39 PM »
I hope it goes smoothly!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 02:20:02 PM »
All the best for it xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 03:05:51 PM »
I also hope that everything goes well!  :hug:
:zzz:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 04:33:12 PM »
All the best!  *sends healing thoughts*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 06:37:38 PM »
sending happy thoughts!! :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 02:24:54 PM »
Good luck! I had one removed in September, (the other postponed, but due to be removed soon)
be careful after the op to only eat soft food - and have your dentist describe what "dry socket" is and how to avoid it.
My gum healed within 10 days - but it was annoying waiting for it to settle down!

ETA
avoid using straws - as the sucking motion can dislodge the blood clot - you need this clot to help your gum heal faster!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 02:26:36 PM by glitterball »

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 03:21:22 AM »
If you need any help or advice, I can aid! I have had three teeth out so far (two under general anaesthetic, the third was a failed then successful operation under local).

This is where I am confused; it seems that American dentists say not to use straws, but I was given a drink with a straw straight out of the operating theatre when I woke up and straws were a godsend for me. Dry socket is very scary and you should be aware of it!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 09:06:26 PM »
Here I am! I am going to tell every pony my POV.

Friday: I woke up at 7. Check in time was 7:50. Checked in with my mom and about 10 minutes later, they called me back. The lady operators and the guy dentist all talked me through what to expect. They get IV fluids in me and I felt it through my right arm, which basically means I felt my arm go cold. I then remember looking straight up at the ceiling for like a couple minutes then waking up, in a chair. I sort of remember myself asking the one lady that was doing some computer work. Then, she helped me into a wheelchair and she wheeled me out to my moms car and my mom drove me home. Once I arrived home, I immediately walked to our couch and laid down. My dad got me a chocolate milkshake from McDonald's. Once my dad got home with my milkshake, I started to eat it with the help of my mom. I did not finish it in one sitting, but later that day.

Saturday: I was in bed most of the day. Mouth was swollen. Had a face ice pack on me off and on. My dad got me an Oreo MC Flurry from McDonald's. I ate it within like 10 minutes. Also watched a movie because I was bored. Laying low the rest of the day.

Sunday: I was able to brush my teeth and hair out. Had one of my two cats with me most of the day. Going to school tomorrow. I also had a heat pad on my face in the morning. It has helped the swelling a bit.

Post Merge: February 12, 2023, 09:07:43 PM

Good luck! I had one removed in September, (the other postponed, but due to be removed soon)
be careful after the op to only eat soft food - and have your dentist describe what "dry socket" is and how to avoid it.
My gum healed within 10 days - but it was annoying waiting for it to settle down!

ETA
avoid using straws - as the sucking motion can dislodge the blood clot - you need this clot to help your gum heal faster!
I was told by my friend and my mother was dry socket was. I think it sounds awful. Thankfully I have not run into it.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 07:03:40 AM »
I'm glad you are recovering well :) It's also good that you got them out while you're still young.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2023, 12:51:07 PM »
I'm glad you are recovering well :) It's also good that you got them out while you're still young.
Yeah. If I did them if I was older, then it would have been way different. (my dad told me this)
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2023, 05:32:17 PM »
i'm glad everything went well :) definitely better to get it over with while you're young.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2023, 08:32:33 PM »
I'm glad you're doing well.

I find it weird that people go under for their wisdom teeth.  Maybe that's because I don't think I was ever given the option.  And I had to do it in two rounds because the upper ones were taking their sweet time about coming down and the bottom ones were starting to poke through my gums.  I think my dentist had been hoping they'd get to a point where they could be done at the same time but it didn't work out that way.

Spoiler
I had my lower teeth removed and the guy that did it said it would be pretty straight forward so I didn't need to be put to sleep.  And then they found out one of them was impacted and trying to fuse with my jaw.  That was fun.  :nope:  They did numb me but I could still feel a LOT of pressure.  I feel bad for the kids in the waiting room that could hear me scream.   

They said my upper wisdom teeth hadn't descended yet and offered to "dig them out."  I declined (with good reason).  Years later when they finally started to come down I went to someone else to have them removed.  They didn't put me to sleep, either, but they used a gas to relax me because after the last experience, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea of doing it again.

After my lower teeth were removed I think I was puffy for a few days but still managed to sing with a choir during the 2002 Winter Olympics for a Limon Dance Company performance that was being held at the University I was attending at the time.  Because of the Olympics, we got February off from classes so I was able to stay home and recuperate without getting behind.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2023, 09:57:40 AM »
I'm glad you're doing well.

I find it weird that people go under for their wisdom teeth.  Maybe that's because I don't think I was ever given the option.  And I had to do it in two rounds because the upper ones were taking their sweet time about coming down and the bottom ones were starting to poke through my gums.  I think my dentist had been hoping they'd get to a point where they could be done at the same time but it didn't work out that way.

Spoiler
I had my lower teeth removed and the guy that did it said it would be pretty straight forward so I didn't need to be put to sleep.  And then they found out one of them was impacted and trying to fuse with my jaw.  That was fun.  :nope:  They did numb me but I could still feel a LOT of pressure.  I feel bad for the kids in the waiting room that could hear me scream.   

They said my upper wisdom teeth hadn't descended yet and offered to "dig them out."  I declined (with good reason).  Years later when they finally started to come down I went to someone else to have them removed.  They didn't put me to sleep, either, but they used a gas to relax me because after the last experience, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea of doing it again.

After my lower teeth were removed I think I was puffy for a few days but still managed to sing with a choir during the 2002 Winter Olympics for a Limon Dance Company performance that was being held at the University I was attending at the time.  Because of the Olympics, we got February off from classes so I was able to stay home and recuperate without getting behind.
I chose to be put to sleep for two reasons, one was so I did not hear the "crunch"; and two was because I wanted to sleep more.  :blush:
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal