collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 79912 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1515 on: August 20, 2022, 12:25:50 PM »
Thank you everyone.  My dad is a good person, but he can be difficult to get along with sometimes.  Now he's decided that we need to move all of the VHS tapes up higher, so we have more room for DVDs on the other shelves. Even that isn't satisfying him though because now he's complaining that some of the VHS cases (the large clamshell ones) are the wrong size because he wanted to turn them all sideways and label them.  He also keeps going on and on about "Why do we have so many VHS tapes/DVD sets we've never opened?"  My dad was also saying "everything in a big box has to be VHS."  Mom and I had to explain to him that some DVD sets come in large boxes.  I've also tried to tell him that we do have 2 copies of some VHS tapes that we don't need but he's stuck on doing things the way he wants to do them.

I feel like a lot of time I have to play referee between my parents. :( We went to the store today and my dad was looking for my mom because we usually go in different directions in the store but meet up at some point.  I ran in to my dad and told him where I thought my mom was.  Fast forward many minutes later and I noticed he was still alone.  I asked him if my dad found her, and he said no.   I was about to call my mom to find out where she was when I saw my dad heading to the checkout lanes.  I thought he had found her, but she came up behind me a few minutes later.  It turns out that he decided to go wait in the car because he couldn't find her. 

I wanted to buy some makeup brushes yesterday.  When I went to the store, I usually get my makeup at there were people trying different foundations to see which one matched them.  They were there first, and I didn't have a problem with them being there, but I didn't feel like waiting for them to move on to see if the store had the brushes, I was looking for, so I decided to order them online instead.  When I logged on the website, I discovered that the brushes I currently have are no longer made. I had to find new ones that I hope will work as well as the old ones. On top of that my favorite eyeshadow color was out of stock.  I feel like I spent too much money on one container of foundation and 2 brushes, but my other brushes needed to be replaced.

I got bit several times by something. The bites were pretty big for a couple of days, but they've gone down now.

@Taffeta, my dad does that too.  I think that's part of the problem.  He'll resort and move stuff around and then complain that he can't find it.  My dad told me he threw away a DVD box and we kept the actual DVD in jewel CD case.  Much later the DVD box reappeared.  I have no idea where it was hiding all that time.

Heart of Midnight, I'm sorry that happened to you.  :hug:

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 12:31:30 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 20, 2022, 01:07:50 PM »
we were without the internet for over TWELVE hours yesterday.  OMG  XD
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 20, 2022, 04:32:41 PM »
Get well soon Heart Of Midnight, & take care of that knee!!!

LBS, that's a nightmare!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1518 on: August 20, 2022, 07:13:33 PM »
@HOM i hope your knee gets better fast.

being without internet is the worst. i don't even know how to function without internet. i just take a nap because i don't know what else to do. i guess leaving the house is also an option depending on time of day.

My parents were a little frustrating today. somehow they messed up their email password and thought it was because they logged into another email service. that's not a thing that can happen. they just mistyped and locked themselves out. i had to help them reset their password and setup a password manager. i hope they use it. i've been trying to get them to use one for years. it's so frustrating when they don't believe me when it comes to websites. i literally build websites for my food and shelter! but my own parents don't think i know what i'm talking about.

other than that it was an ok day. my lost package showed up. but now if feel bad because i reported the lost package to the company who sent it and they said they would send a replacement. i do plan on ordering more stuff though.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1519 on: August 21, 2022, 07:44:01 AM »
HoM, I hope your knees feel better soon. Try icing them.

I'm usually okay when there is no internet. I have plenty of video games to play and movies to watch. I do get nervous about it when I have transactions going on.

I slept in today. I would have continued to do so but my cat woke me up for breakfast. I ended up taking my medicine an hour late. I didn't do much yesterday despite saying I would. I've been so tired. I think it's stress from my dad's situation. Now that he's home, I hope I can destress a little.

You ever get a twitchy muscle? Like a small part keeps twitching and pulling? My eye lid is doing that today. It's highly annoying!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 21, 2022, 07:59:24 AM »
I am having a hard time motivating myself to draw lately, I just can't seem to get into the "mood" to do so. The one time I pushed myself I couldn't continue for long. (To be fair, my hand was shaking a bit and it was frustrating me)

I suppose that my best bet is to keep trying, hopefully I will be able to get myself motivated.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 21, 2022, 09:40:43 AM »
@BC my eyelids twitch when i'm stressed. i have to go help my parents with the computer again today. i'm glad they're close by now but sometimes i miss the buffer. they don't ask if i'm busy or have other plans. and on the rare occasions that they do ask if i say i'm busy they act sad and make me feel guilty. usually when i'm working they don't bother me. but any time outside that i guess they think i'm doing nothing.

update: not a trivial complaint i guess. i'm getting worried about my mom's mental health. i think she might be depressed. she had a really hard time with the move and i thought she would feel better once they settled in here. but there's definitely a change in her personality. she's always been really sensitive compared to me or my dad. but nothing like  lately when she gets flustered or i'm trying to explain something to her she starts crying. if anything is different or out of place she gets really upset. yesterday my parents were over for dinner and the roll of paper towels we keep on the table was empty. and she got really confused because no paper towels were there. my partner got her a fabric towel from the kitchen drawer. it just seems troubling that she got so confused by it.

also lately she doesn't want to do anything. it's hard to get her out of the house most of the time. occasionally she'll come with us to pickup food. mostly just wants to sit and look at the ipad or watch baseball. or just sit with her eyes closed. my dad also told me she hasn't been exercising. she also has been having trouble sleeping so she takes sleeping pills sometimes. and she eats way less so she's lost quite a bit of weight. which is worrying. i may make a post on the WYP board later but i don't want to start one just yet. my grandmother (my mom's mom) had issues with depression later in her life but would never admit it. my parents aren't great about recognizing mental health issues either. they tend to be in the "just deal with it" mentality. or they think anyone who is seeing a therapist is crazy. i'm not sure how to get them to talk to their doctor. they're good about talking about the physical issues like arthritis and stuff but not the mental or emotional stuff.

Post Merge: August 21, 2022, 09:40:44 AM

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 05:58:40 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1522 on: August 22, 2022, 01:47:18 AM »
I'm sorry, Beth. She does sound depressed. Could you talk to your dad about it, see if he notices anything? Then maybe the two of you could try and convince her to see someone. But I know how hard that can be.

My complaint is I had an awful nightmare and it made me paranoid, so despite being tired enough to keep sleeping, I'm awake and on my PC with all the lights on at 4am.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 22, 2022, 03:23:11 PM »
I'm sorry, Beth.  :) 

My mom tends to get really worked up when she loses things or tries to do something on the computer that doesn't work.  She was almost in a panic yesterday because she said her email password didn't work.  I made her show me what she was doing, and it worked.  My dad assumed because my mom said her password wasn't working that the Internet was down. The Internet was working fine.

My eyelids will twitch sometimes too for no apparent reason.

I'm sorry you had such a bad dream, BC.  I've been having very vivid dreams lately that seem real until I wake up

This morning I felt extremely nauseous and decided to take some Dramamine.  The box said a dose was 1 or 2 pills.  I took 2 because I felt so bad.  Fast forward hours later and I feel very sleepy and like I am barely functioning.  Next time I will only take one pill.

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 22, 2022, 05:40:52 PM »
I survived the golf tournament but I had a small freakout at the end when the volunteer photographer knocked a bottle of water onto my HUSBAND'S laptop...

( >....< ) *angry frog*  RIBBIT!  RIIIIII! 

Laptop was okay but only because I had JUST powered it down, and had gone around the corner to unplug the extension power cords from our "payment station"!!!! 
What the ??!  Who puts anything liquidy near anything electronic  !!??  dude you are a photographer, you know this!  What the ....

GAHHHHH  it was not my finest moment of professionalism. 

other than that, we are still in the middle of a heatwave so... you all know what that's like. 
and my basement reno continues to be a stress.

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: August 22, 2022, 06:38:41 PM »
thanks @BC and @ponyfan

it's really hard to come to terms with having to take care of parents. i know it's something a lot of us are going through. my mom's always been pretty social but over the last few years, even before covid her friend group kind of drifted. most of her friends lived in the same neighborhood and most everyone, including my parents moved after the neighborhood starting having flooding issues. before covid she maybe saw them once a month. and since covid she doesn't see them at all. i don't like how isolated she is. it's isolating to move to a new place and i haven't really made friends here either. it's hard to make friends when you work remote and there is a pandemic. so i can't help there. and my mom won't talk to anyone if she's in the house all the time. at least i have people at work i talk to and i somewhat keep in touch with friends back home.

i'm going to talk to my dad about it. i think he's also worried. he said she's been really fragile lately and he's concerned about the sleeping pills. my mom has had really bad issues with drinking in the past so there's reason to worry. i don't think i can go through that again. at least they're close by now so i know what's going on.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1526 on: August 23, 2022, 06:25:25 AM »
I'm glad you can talk to your dad, Beth.

My complaint is another headache, a bad one. I was also nauseous, so I think it was on the way to becoming a migraine. I took two doses of headache medicine an hour apart and it's finally taken the edge off. My stomach still feels weird though. I took some Pepto Bismal since I can't take Alka-Seltzer with one of my meds. It's helped a little I think.

My mom;s birthday is tomorrow and I want to go over there, but if I feel like this tomorrow I'll have to wait. I've felt pretty awful for the last few days. I thought it was all stress about my dad, but I guess not. Or maybe it is? I don't know.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 23, 2022, 05:42:58 PM »
 :grouphug: Thanks to everyone! My knee is already feeling much better. Just scabs and bruises as decoration, but no pain.  :)

Strength to Beth with her parents!  :hug: I hope everything turns for the better.

BC,I hope you are feeling better and and get to celebrate your mother's birthday! :hug:

---

There was no thunder this night either, even though I hoped so much. :pout: Fortunately, it has already been raining for several hours!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 05:45:46 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 24, 2022, 07:07:44 AM »
Three weeks ago I asked a higher up to speak to someone about the way they were shelving things because it was really messing everything up and the issue needed to be addressed.  Yesterday, I noticed that it still had not been fixed so I brought it up again.  The response I got was "I haven't talked to them about it yet but I'm not sure that you've noticed [this person] has a disability."   And they proceeded to spend the rest of the conversation justifying that person's mistakes as being part of their disability.  The problem is, that person does things correctly when they feel like it.  I know that person has a disability but that doesn't mean they can't perform the task they have  been doing for 8 years.  This person is not stupid, but they know how to exploit the fact that other people believe they are stupid.  And this person definitely takes advantage of it.  But if this mistake had been made by anyone else on staff, I would have had the exact same conversation.  It isn't about this person's DISability, it is about their ABILITY and the expectation to do the job they are capable of doing whether they feel like doing it correctly or not.  I do not expect this person to do anything beyond their abilities but I do expect them to do the tasks they can do. 

But I'm a horrible and short-sighted person for expecting something out of someone with a disability.  Because apparently all differently abled people need to be treated like they're stupid.   :enraged:  Quite frankly, it's that attitude that makes me reluctant to admit that I'm dyslexic and when things are misshelved it makes it doubly hard for me to find things.  I take a lot of time to make up for my disability so it doesn't affect the people around me so the majority of people I work with don't even know about it.

And let's just ignore the fact that I brought up an issue 3 weeks ago and it was blown off as not important enough to deal with.  So how can I go to that higher up again and expect anything to be taken care of?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:10:01 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 24, 2022, 03:39:18 PM »
I had to take 2 more Dramamine today.  The first one was very early this morning because I felt extremely nauseous again.  I still felt that way for several hours after I took the medicine.  I felt a little better this afternoon but had to take another Dramamine because I could feel the first one wearing off and my symptoms returning.  I feel better now, but now I'm drowsy again. :(  I don't think going to a dr would do much good. He'd probably just give me different medicine and tell me to stay at home for a few days.

I don't like feeling groggy. It makes it hard for me to function.  There's things I need to be doing that I don't feel capable of doing correctly in this state.  It's nothing urgent and yet I feel guilty for putting them off.

I told my dad he needs to delete the cookies on his computer, and he told me he doesn't want to because when he does that one website doesn't work right.

One of my favorite stores launched a loyalty app similar to Target's Circle app.  I kind of what to download it but a lot of people that have done so so far have reported a lot of issues with it.

Edit: I had to take another Dramamine this morning. :( The last time I was sick like this I think I only took 4 but they were ginger capsules that didn't help much. 

I tried to talk to my mom about it and she just said that I was probably subconsciously stressing out about something and my body's reacting to that.  A policy changed at work that I don't fully understand but I know I can ask someone to explain it to me in detail, so I understand it.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 05:18:26 AM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal