collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81922 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #750 on: September 05, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »
I WANT to like the G5s because I think their colors, accessories, and personalities seem really cute! But their flat faces bother me...they have less of a pony snout and more human-like facial proportions  :shocked:

I've never seen the brushable ones in person, so I can't speak for those, but the molded hair ones actually have a lot more snout than the promo images let on :) More of a muzzle than g4s!
I filmed an unboxing of Crystal Adventures Sunny and Pipp a while back, and show them from different angles. I definitely don't find their faces flat ^^'
https://youtu.be/4qmkcRIO7nM

Ooh. Going to watch that today.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 05, 2021, 02:59:08 PM »
I know some people will disagree, but I think the G5 faces look great in person! They're super cute and almost animated in a way. They just don't always photograph that well I suppose.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline darthlmao

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 05, 2021, 04:30:35 PM »
I WANT to like the G5s because I think their colors, accessories, and personalities seem really cute! But their flat faces bother me...they have less of a pony snout and more human-like facial proportions  :shocked:

I've never seen the brushable ones in person, so I can't speak for those, but the molded hair ones actually have a lot more snout than the promo images let on :) More of a muzzle than g4s!
I filmed an unboxing of Crystal Adventures Sunny and Pipp a while back, and show them from different angles. I definitely don't find their faces flat ^^'

Thanks for sharing your vid! I just watched it and the accessories on these ponies are adorable. It wasn't until you mentioned the eyebrows that I realized G5 do have eyebrows  :lol: I just hadn't noticed before

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 05, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »
Zipp is the only one so far who looks at all appealing to me in terms of her colour-scheme not being pink/purple, but that hair is just...awkward? Does she have more mane than just the quiff? It looks like it but..?

Also, that's really random on the part of the store. Maybe they don't realise these are new MLP rather than old? (I can see how they'd be confused, the logo is basically the same.)

I didn't buy Zipp so I can't answer a lot of the questions everyone's asking but I think Zipp does have a short mane piece that comes down from the part that sticks up.  It's also shown on her picture on the package but it's really hard to see.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 06, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »
Thanks for the review Shaiyeh. I realize that I've been saying your name wrong. I pronounced it Shay-ah in my head for some reason.

Also, I like your bat tattoo.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 06, 2021, 10:33:06 AM »
I found some more new things today.

There are a lot of pics so I will put them in spoiler tags. 

Huge display

Spoiler

Candyland game

Spoiler

Sing and Skate Sunny

Spoiler

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #756 on: September 06, 2021, 11:55:52 AM »

Thanks for this video, those are definitely much cuter than I was anticipating based on the promo pics! The eyes also look so much better. I'm still not a fan of moulded hair personally but I can imagine kids would love these ponies even without brushable hair. Loving the poseable wings on Pipp!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 06, 2021, 03:00:56 PM »
The Sing and Skate Sunny is probably the cutest by far, at least to me  :biggrin: Thanks for the pictures, Ponyfan!

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 06, 2021, 03:43:25 PM »
I spotted this ride on Izzy not too long ago!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Extremely cute, I wish she was a normal plushie.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 06, 2021, 05:22:07 PM »
Wait wait whoa -- an alicorn Sunny? This is the first time I'm hearing about this!

I know the gang wears fake horns in the movie to pretend to be unicorns at one point, but I didn't know anything about wearing fake wings. Although there seems to be a rainbow stripe in her mane, so maybe this is some sort of "powered up" version of herself, rather than a disguise?

I'm really desperate to know more lore about this world, but I'm wondering if this is just a toy thing and not something that's actually going to be in the movie...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 06, 2021, 05:57:00 PM »
Wait wait whoa -- an alicorn Sunny? This is the first time I'm hearing about this!

I know the gang wears fake horns in the movie to pretend to be unicorns at one point, but I didn't know anything about wearing fake wings. Although there seems to be a rainbow stripe in her mane, so maybe this is some sort of "powered up" version of herself, rather than a disguise?

I'm really desperate to know more lore about this world, but I'm wondering if this is just a toy thing and not something that's actually going to be in the movie...

Look, she's wearing all orange. That clearly indicates she's a super sayan. (Or an escaped convict.) Take your pick.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:03:14 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 06, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »

Most of the talk I’ve seen about the movie seems to lead to the conclusion that it is some kind of temporary “rainbow power up” version of Sunny that’ll happen at some point in the film. Guess we’ll have to see  :what:

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 06, 2021, 05:58:58 PM »
The wings and horns seem to be made of light or something, so I'm assuming it's a power up.
Maybe she goes the pony equivalent of super sayian?   :lol:
Edit: LOL someone else already said that while I was typing. Ninja'd

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #763 on: September 06, 2021, 06:01:05 PM »

Most of the talk I’ve seen about the movie seems to lead to the conclusion that it is some kind of temporary “rainbow power up” version of Sunny that’ll happen at some point in the film. Guess we’ll have to see  :what:

Based on the art I feel it's just a temporary power-up or a symbol of unity that briefly happens.

Possible spoilers below, based on a book that was released
Spoiler
In the "A New Adventure" book that basically spoils the whole film, we don't see any images or text saying Sunny becomes an Alicorn, or even showing the possible power-up.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 06, 2021, 07:07:52 PM »

Look, she's wearing all orange. That clearly indicates she's a super sayan. (Or an escaped convict.) Take your pick.

:lmao: Okay I had a goooood long laugh at that, thank you for making my evening. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal