collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81877 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #690 on: August 16, 2021, 04:24:16 AM »
So I saw the larger versions of Izzy and Sunny at my walmart finally as well as the pack of 5 normal brushables. I would have grabbed them but really I just want them as singles. I'll even take the molded singles at this point (still wish the normal sized ponies had opened wings on Zipp and Pipp)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 20, 2021, 06:36:22 AM »
I've decided I want the Royal Gala set. I asked my boyfriend if he would buy it for me, and he said yes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 06:55:34 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #692 on: August 20, 2021, 07:47:35 AM »
I saw a large Talking Izzy today at Walmart! is she new?  She was hard plastic but covered in plush-like cloth.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 20, 2021, 08:21:40 AM »
Has anyone seen single Trailblazer in stores? His head may be ugly,  but I still want one.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #694 on: August 20, 2021, 08:26:12 AM »
I saw a large Talking Izzy today at Walmart! is she new?  She was hard plastic but covered in plush-like cloth.
Does she sing about her Unicorn Butt? That one isn't new, but I'm curious if there's a different one!
Has anyone seen single Trailblazer in stores? His head may be ugly,  but I still want one.
Not that I can remember so far. All of the others have popped up online except for him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 20, 2021, 08:43:46 AM »
Does she sing about her Unicorn Butt? That one isn't new, but I'm curious if there's a different one!
Not that I can remember so far. All of the others have popped up online except for him.

Thanks tailrust

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 20, 2021, 07:02:17 PM »
Took me way too long to remember who Trailblazer is.  ^^; Still not used to ponies having last names... lol
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #697 on: August 22, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
I FINALLY found the large ones today!

I also saw the set of the small ones, but in my opinion they look kind of like cheap fakies, their hair was kinda bad, and their bodies look too long, like wiener-dogs.
The large ones are honestly amazing in quality, though!
They're really solid and heavy, little lighter than a Funko pony but heavier than a G4 FS.
Their hair is honestly amazing quality!! Feels like really nice Monster High hair, super silky, and it's *super* thick and well rooted!
Their heads are also on ball joints, which I find really cool!!

I wonder how customizing them would work, though I'm sure people have tried before I got here and I just haven't seen.

I was only going to get Izzy, but ended up loving Sunny so much I got her too. XD
Glad I did, because their accessories look so much better swapped!

I do have to say, their accessories are pretty cheap and dinky. But the headbands are nice, and I love the purse! It had a little book in it that actually opens and closes.
I also "fixed" the blue headband, because it had these weird long rubber streamers hanging off of it! It was kinda bizarre, but my cat loves the streamers now, so... XD

Also, weird thing to gush about, but I adore the new packaging. So easy to open, and I can touch the ponies before buying them now!! I really like that more than trying to peer at weird angles through a plastic bubble. Everything is tied down with paper rope now, you can just rip it all off and they fall right out!

Probably just going to call them Starscout & Moonbow, not a fan of the human names.

I can take more photos if anyone's curious about them. :)
(sorry about the cluttered background, we just moved like, yesterday)

They really grew on me! I still think they're a tad creepy, but like, in an endearing way? XD
But I mean, I feel the same about G3.5 and PonyLife.
I decided what good is there in being a pony elitist, I'll love them all, I'll embrace the creepy and weird. XD

Really hope they make more large ones!! I'll buy them all. XD
hasbro what are you doing to me

Post Merge: August 22, 2021, 04:28:44 PM

I'm willing to bet we'll see boys with brushable hair later down the lines, at least on the bigger ponies.
G4 did the same thing with the troll hair boys. They did that for a few waves, realized how much people hated it, and started giving them proper mohawks.
Hopefully when they see the displeasure for the moulded hair, they change it up later on.
They do seem pretty receptive to feedback for this gen, so far. At least it seems like it to me.

I really like the little jointed ones, I might get Izzy. She's my favourite of the bunch.

I really want the bigger Izzy with the super long hair. Don't know if I'll end up getting many G5s but I know for sure I'm getting her.
Checked for her in Walmart today, they didn't even have a single pony as it was. :blink: Not even the cheap little PonyLife rings.

Yeah but they did it towards the very end of the generation and it was still mohawks. G4 boys just plain suck.  >_<

I think I'm in the minority that loves the mohawks. XD But I always headcanon the mohawk boys to be punks, anyway... My Shining Armor ditched his royal coat for a guitar. XD

But, Sandbar did have 'real' hair at the very end, there! A unique hairstyle, even. Though I know he was *super* hard to find for most people.

Yannow what I want, if they do decide to finally do a longhaired boy?
I want him to have longer, more luxurious hair than any girl ever has.

I want a Fabio pony. XD

Extra props if they make him like some sort of hippy or metalhead. XD *nods*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 04:45:58 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 22, 2021, 04:50:52 PM »
I FINALLY found the large ones today!

I also saw the set of the small ones, but in my opinion they look kind of like cheap fakies, their hair was kinda bad, and their bodies look too long, like wiener-dogs.
The large ones are honestly amazing in quality, though!
They're really solid and heavy, little lighter than a Funko pony but heavier than a G4 FS.
Their hair is honestly amazing quality!! Feels like really nice Monster High hair, super silky, and it's *super* thick and well rooted!
Their heads are also on ball joints, which I find really cool!!

I wonder how customizing them would work, though I'm sure people have tried before I got here and I just haven't seen.

I was only going to get Izzy, but ended up loving Sunny so much I got her too. XD
Glad I did, because their accessories look so much better swapped!

I do have to say, their accessories are pretty cheap and dinky. But the headbands are nice, and I love the purse! It had a little book in it that actually opens and closes.
I also "fixed" the blue headband, because it had these weird long rubber streamers hanging off of it! It was kinda bizarre, but my cat loves the streamers now, so... XD

Also, weird thing to gush about, but I adore the new packaging. So easy to open, and I can touch the ponies before buying them now!! I really like that more than trying to peer at weird angles through a plastic bubble. Everything is tied down with paper rope now, you can just rip it all off and they fall right out!

Probably just going to call them Starscout & Moonbow, not a fan of the human names.

I can take more photos if anyone's curious about them. :)
(sorry about the cluttered background, we just moved like, yesterday)

They really grew on me! I still think they're a tad creepy, but like, in an endearing way? XD
But I mean, I feel the same about G3.5 and PonyLife.
I decided what good is there in being a pony elitist, I'll love them all, I'll embrace the creepy and weird. XD

Really hope they make more large ones!! I'll buy them all. XD
hasbro what are you doing to me

Post Merge: August 22, 2021, 04:28:44 PM

I'm willing to bet we'll see boys with brushable hair later down the lines, at least on the bigger ponies.
G4 did the same thing with the troll hair boys. They did that for a few waves, realized how much people hated it, and started giving them proper mohawks.
Hopefully when they see the displeasure for the moulded hair, they change it up later on.
They do seem pretty receptive to feedback for this gen, so far. At least it seems like it to me.

I really like the little jointed ones, I might get Izzy. She's my favourite of the bunch.

I really want the bigger Izzy with the super long hair. Don't know if I'll end up getting many G5s but I know for sure I'm getting her.
Checked for her in Walmart today, they didn't even have a single pony as it was. :blink: Not even the cheap little PonyLife rings.

Yeah but they did it towards the very end of the generation and it was still mohawks. G4 boys just plain suck.  >_<

I think I'm in the minority that loves the mohawks. XD But I always headcanon the mohawk boys to be punks, anyway... My Shining Armor ditched his royal coat for a guitar. XD

But, Sandbar did have 'real' hair at the very end, there! A unique hairstyle, even. Though I know he was *super* hard to find for most people.

Yannow what I want, if they do decide to finally do a longhaired boy?
I want him to have longer, more luxurious hair than any girl ever has.

I want a Fabio pony. XD

Extra props if they make him like some sort of hippy or metalhead. XD *nods*

Yes please to Metalhead Fabio pony with locks long enough to make Rapunzel green with envy, and thick and heavy enough to make the BnGs froth at the mouth with rage.

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #699 on: August 22, 2021, 06:51:18 PM »
Yes please to Metalhead Fabio pony with locks long enough to make Rapunzel green with envy, and thick and heavy enough to make the BnGs froth at the mouth with rage.

So glad others agree! XD
Hey man, toy brands are becoming more and more socially/culturally aware, maybe we'll see it someday? XD

I do have to say one more thing about the G5 toys-
I know it's super weird but I wish they had slightly bigger/more defined rumps/hips- they have a wiener-dog shape to them, and it makes them look too skinny for a horse/pony. Everything else is okay.
Literally the only reason I wish that is that it would give them more of a horse look-
Horses have big butts, it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Especially for ponies, which are naturally little chunkers.
They weren't shy about it for any of the other gens! Lmao

Obviously not a deal breaker, and it is super weird to say- but(t) I mean, am I wrong? XD XD

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 22, 2021, 07:32:08 PM »

So glad others agree! XD
Hey man, toy brands are becoming more and more socially/culturally aware, maybe we'll see it someday? XD

I do have to say one more thing about the G5 toys-
I know it's super weird but I wish they had slightly bigger/more defined rumps/hips- they have a wiener-dog shape to them, and it makes them look too skinny for a horse/pony. Everything else is okay.
Literally the only reason I wish that is that it would give them more of a horse look-
Horses have big butts, it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Especially for ponies, which are naturally little chunkers.
They weren't shy about it for any of the other gens! Lmao

Obviously not a deal breaker, and it is super weird to say- but(t) I mean, am I wrong? XD XD

No you are not.

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #701 on: August 22, 2021, 08:05:50 PM »
Thank you LaW XD

WHOA I just found out there will be more Larges. From Strawberry Reef

sincere apologies if I'm late to the party which I do suspect I am
but I do love all of these dearly honestly and want all of them
I am obsessed with the G5 larges, now.......... XD

I'm kicking myself for buying Starscout & Moonbow single now. XD Cause I want the Shining multipack.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:08:27 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 22, 2021, 08:11:22 PM »
Thank you LaW XD

WHOA I just found out there will be more Larges. From Strawberry Reef

sincere apologies if I'm late to the party which I do suspect I am
but I do love all of these dearly honestly and want all of them
I am obsessed with the G5 larges, now.......... XD

I'm kicking myself for buying Starscout & Moonbow single now. XD Cause I want the Shining multipack.

Want big Trailblazer. Am annoyed that he doesn't come on his own. Am already seeing an overabundance of the core cast.  They're still continuing their mistake by packing in the old characters with the new, and not allowing kids to get a singular toy. Hasbro is clearly too stupid too learn, or relearn. :yawn:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:18:25 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #703 on: August 22, 2021, 08:15:59 PM »
I’m kicking myself now for buying Starscout & Moonbow today, because I love that pack!!!!

Highly unlikely I know, but if I got it, would anyone be interested in my dupe Moonbow & Starscout? I’d price em lower than the singles bc lack of accessories.

But I could also throw in all the accs from the singles that weren’t on the ponies in my photo. (Minus the book)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:21:32 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 23, 2021, 12:49:13 AM »
I bought the Shining Adventures pack at Target and added on some of their markings. The toys are very high quality, but it really bugs me that they are lacking the stockings and blazes that make the characters them! I kind of wanted to try and remove the molded hair on the boys and attemp to root them, but then I wasn’t feeling that ambitious, so I just added some glitter to their hair to help separate it from the body some.

I saw the small unicorn party set of brushables at Walmart the other day, but I didn’t pick them up. So far I think the styling size ponies are the best quality for the money.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal