collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81803 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #495 on: July 11, 2021, 05:30:16 AM »
Actually, having played the song clip, it's just terrifying generally. xD.

It's the Izzy plush that sings, on the previous page of images.

It is rather terrifying. Plush toys that move and sing creep me out for some reason. It would have been cute on its own without the spastic gimmicks, not sure why they thought they would sell more by making it sing that shrill song and do those jerky head movements.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 11, 2021, 05:48:57 AM »
Actually, having played the song clip, it's just terrifying generally. xD.

It's the Izzy plush that sings, on the previous page of images.

It is rather terrifying. Plush toys that move and sing creep me out for some reason. It would have been cute on its own without the spastic gimmicks, not sure why they thought they would sell more by making it sing that shrill song and do those jerky head movements.

I'm of the opinion that toy makers like to traumatize young children every now and then.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 11, 2021, 05:58:47 AM »
Why does our possibly only boy pony so far HAS MOLDED hair. I want to brush all of them!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2021, 06:11:32 AM »
Why does our possibly only boy pony so far HAS MOLDED hair. I want to brush all of them!

I have no idea?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 11, 2021, 06:37:23 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

see non brushable hair, I am disappointed.

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2021, 06:59:53 AM »
I wonder if it'd be possible to root him somehow. I'm picturing he has a big cavity in his head where the hair attaches, but who knows...

Wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2021, 07:12:25 AM »
I wonder if it'd be possible to root him somehow. I'm picturing he has a big cavity in his head where the hair attaches, but who knows...

Perhaps? I'm sure some intrepid customizer will try.

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2021, 10:26:33 AM »
I'm really bothered by the wings on the brushable Pegasus pose- I'm assuming they went with the folded wings to avoid making a new sculpt for each pegasus sister, but you can barely tell they have wings at all because they're folded down against the body.

And it's not even just my annoyance as an adult collector- how are kids going to make their ponies 'fly' if their wings aren't extended?

Pegasi are fun because they have big, cool wings; without them, what's the point in making a pegasus at all?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 11, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »
I'm really bothered by the wings on the brushable Pegasus pose- I'm assuming they went with the folded wings to avoid making a new sculpt for each pegasus sister, but you can barely tell they have wings at all because they're folded down against the body.

And it's not even just my annoyance as an adult collector- how are kids going to make their ponies 'fly' if their wings aren't extended?

Pegasi are fun because they have big, cool wings; without them, what's the point in making a pegasus at all?

If we're being honest for a moment,  that is not strictly a G5 thing. G1 pegasus wings aren't open either, and we managed through the power of imagination. But yes, I do wish they'd put the big, colorful open wings on the main toys as well. The wing design is the best and nicest in the whole brand.

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »
They look anorexic. Poor things are starving. No wonder they don't look like ponies!

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 11, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »

If we're being honest for a moment,  that is not strictly a G5 thing. G1 pegasus wings aren't open either, and we managed through the power of imagination. But yes, I do wish they'd put the big, colorful open wings on the main toys as well. The wing design is the best and nicest in the whole brand.

It's true that G1 wings aren't open in the same way as a G4 pony, but G1 and G3 wings aren't sculpted to look folded down in the same way, and the wings on (most) of the G1/G3 Pegasus poses do lift up off of the body in some way or another, while these ones are sculpted to look folded down/inactive and entirely flat against the body.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #506 on: July 11, 2021, 11:59:08 AM »

I totally didn't even notice those wings were folded in! I actually love that, since it's something we lacked on the G4 toys. If it makes you feel better, though, we are getting toys of them with open wings as seen in the Crystal Adventure sets.

I can also offer two hypothesis as to why Hasbro went with this?
I think that, based on some things we've seen from the toys, the ponies may have to "disguise" themselves as unicorns at some point during the film. This would require them to tuck their wings in really close to the body to even attempt to get away with that.
Alternatively, and this is spoiler territory, it's been revealed that
Spoiler
pegasi can't fly due to a lack of magic in this world and instead use ziplines/wires
as shown on Pipp's castle playset. If kids take hint from the movie, it could offer them other ways to "fly" their pegasi friends!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 12, 2021, 01:04:11 AM »
It's true that G1 wings aren't open in the same way as a G4 pony, but G1 and G3 wings aren't sculpted to look folded down in the same way, and the wings on (most) of the G1/G3 Pegasus poses do lift up off of the body in some way or another, while these ones are sculpted to look folded down/inactive and entirely flat against the body.

My guess is that they went with the folded wings because open wings were in the way of hair play. G4 certainly had beautifully stylized wing designs that looked great on display, but they were definitely blocking the hair and head for easy hairstyling.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2021, 06:51:24 AM »
This what happens to a G1 pony when you put them into a dehydrator. :/ BEHOLD...BEEF JERKEY PONIES!!!

Post Merge: July 12, 2021, 07:29:01 AM

For 3 payments of $39.99 you too can take your worthless fat g1 ponies and turn them into ponies that look like they've walked across the desert with no water for 40 days...
Introducing the G1 Dehydrator 5000!!!!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 07:29:01 AM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2021, 07:58:07 AM »
This what happens to a G1 pony when you put them into a dehydrator. :/ BEHOLD...BEEF JERKEY PONIES!!!

Post Merge: July 12, 2021, 07:29:01 AM

For 3 payments of $39.99 you too can take your worthless fat g1 ponies and turn them into ponies that look like they've walked across the desert with no water for 40 days...
Introducing the G1 Dehydrator 5000!!!!

:rofl:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal