collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81798 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2021, 01:37:26 PM »
I've never seen it spelt "Pipp" before, just "Pip". That always bugged me about her name, the extra "P" just seems so unnecessary :P

It didn't seem masculine to me though. Maybe because my aunt used to have a (female) dog called Pip so that's where my mind goes first, idk. That and Pippi Longstockings.

Good point about Pippi Longstockings.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 24, 2021, 01:56:08 PM »
If with one P it's short for Philip, with two it could be short for Philippa, the female version of the name. But then we're venturing into human names territory, & these are Ponies. (Yep, Izzy, that means you too)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 24, 2021, 02:37:52 PM »
I too am disappointed by the lack of brushables... hopefully they're just showing us the molded hair ones first and the brushables will come later. The first G4 set had molded hair too, right?

And I'm confused as to what Miss Petals' name is, too. Pipp or Princess? Or both? Princess Pipp Petals? Hm. I guess I like "Princess Petals" better than "Pipp".

Yeah, the first G4 release was a set of molded hair ponies. Hopefully this is a case similar to that and we end up getting more brushables. We know of two so far for G5 and both are larger styling sized ponies. I'd like some regular sized brushables as well!

With G4, as much as the smaller brushables were better for space, the larger styling ponies were closer in size to regular G1 and G3 ponies. If the brushable Sunny (and Pipp) are around that size, I think it's a good size for brushables. I just hope we get more than just Sunny as regular brushable gimmick free ponies. I want Izzy and a Pipp without all the mechanical stuff that would make customization a pain.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 24, 2021, 10:17:27 PM »
I fear the only brushables in G5 will be styling/fashion size. I hope I'm wrong but... This doesn't bode well. Maybe ponies are just action figures now.  :huh:

Offline MOTOSTOKES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2021, 01:38:11 PM »
 here's a new pipp brushable figure, found it on the mlp merch website

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2021, 01:55:59 PM »
She's kinda cute. I like her headdress and her hair, her anatomy is pretty wack though. I wonder how big she'll be?

Wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2021, 02:08:09 PM »
She's kinda cute. I like her headdress and her hair, her anatomy is pretty wack though. I wonder how big she'll be?

I'm thinking at least 4 inches. Which is close enough to normal pony size.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 25, 2021, 02:40:20 PM »

Both of the brushables are styling size.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 25, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »

Both of the brushables are styling size.

Then that makes them normal.  Since my Fashion Style is the size of my normal ponies. At least her head is. Her back is waaay shorter then theirs.

I really do like Pipp's glossy hair, fuzzy wings, and Roaring 20s headband.  If the hair is as nice as it looks, hooray!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 02:48:20 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 25, 2021, 04:06:58 PM »
Coming to terms with the fact that Hasbro really is phasing out regular sized brushables for articulated ponies :/ Looks like I'll be skipping the G5 merch, which is a shame because I really do like the character designs

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2021, 06:34:31 PM »
Coming to terms with the fact that Hasbro really is phasing out regular sized brushables for articulated ponies :/ Looks like I'll be skipping the G5 merch, which is a shame because I really do like the character designs

We don't know anything for certain.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:36:25 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2021, 06:52:11 PM »
Well, I still don't like them sadly. The manes look nice but the tails on the in-box photos almost look like polypropylene :/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2021, 07:01:21 PM »
Well, I still don't like them sadly. The manes look nice but the tails on the in-box photos almost look like polypropylene :/

That's the stuff they used on the Avon ponies right? Out of curiosity,  how can one tell the difference between nylon and polypropylene? I've never had any of the avons, so I'm curious.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2021, 08:22:45 PM »

That's the stuff they used on the Avon ponies right? Out of curiosity,  how can one tell the difference between nylon and polypropylene? I've never had any of the avons, so I'm curious.

It feels a little different. Some of the HQG1C ponies (but not all) have polypropylene. I'm not sure how you can tell the difference from a photo, though...I'd sure like to find out though so I can avoid it! I've heard it gets ratty pretty quickly/easily. I don't know for sure personally; the only pony I have ever owned that has it is an HQG1C and she's only been on display.

I had an Avon Jazzmataz...the pink stripe in her mane just ripped right off at the roots. I didn't realize that it was polypropylene, but there was definitely something different about that hair!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 25, 2021, 09:42:33 PM »

It feels a little different. Some of the HQG1C ponies (but not all) have polypropylene. I'm not sure how you can tell the difference from a photo, though...I'd sure like to find out though so I can avoid it! I've heard it gets ratty pretty quickly/easily. I don't know for sure personally; the only pony I have ever owned that has it is an HQG1C and she's only been on display.

I had an Avon Jazzmataz...the pink stripe in her mane just ripped right off at the roots. I didn't realize that it was polypropylene, but there was definitely something different about that hair!

Ooh.  :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal