collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81735 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2021, 03:21:58 PM »
Why so few ponies with actual hair?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2021, 03:58:36 PM »
I believe Pipp Petals is called Princess Petals because she has something to do with being a pop star or something.
Both her and Zipp actually have a crown as part of their symbols
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
These are very cute but um...not really liking the implication that brushables are being phased out.......

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
These are very cute but um...not really liking the implication that brushables are being phased out.......

Yeah for sure. Initially it seemed like things would be fine but I very much dislike how we see a molded hair pony being shown in the photo for the playset. Really hate that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2021, 07:16:10 PM »

Yeah for sure. Initially it seemed like things would be fine but I very much dislike how we see a molded hair pony being shown in the photo for the playset. Really hate that.

Exactly! I have no problem with molded hair ponies, but they should not be the entire focus of the line. They are the appetizer, not the main course. A pony ain't a real pony unless it's got soft brushable hair that comes with a cute (preferably pink in my taste) comb. But that Pipp singing doll that was shown off and the fact that these new ponies look like playsets and not individual singles gives me hope. We should know more soon, G5 will be hitting shelves in August so we'll probably hear more by Mid July.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2021, 07:40:23 PM »

Exactly! I have no problem with molded hair ponies, but they should not be the entire focus of the line. They are the appetizer, not the main course. A pony ain't a real pony unless it's got soft brushable hair that comes with a cute (preferably pink in my taste) comb. But that Pipp singing doll that was shown off and the fact that these new ponies look like playsets and not individual singles gives me hope. We should know more soon, G5 will be hitting shelves in August so we'll probably hear more by Mid July.

Agree with you 100%. Hopefully these are just the hor douerves, and they did show us one normal pony first. I'm just waiting for the rest to follow.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 07:41:57 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »
I don't like any of these at all. The head of the brushable Sunny looks like the head of a Lego guy (especially in the top picture of her where she's facing forward), and I can't unsee it now. I hope these aren't all they will be releasing.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2021, 08:27:02 PM »
I don't like any of these at all. The head of the brushable Sunny looks like the head of a Lego guy (especially in the top picture of her where she's facing forward), and I can't unsee it now. I hope these aren't all they will be releasing.

:lol:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2021, 09:03:44 PM »
G5 toys definitely not striking me the way G4 did, I just don't find them very cute. There's a lot of points that are harsh or awkward. Disappointing because the show designs aren't bad, just the toy translations aren't coming out well imo.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2021, 12:46:37 AM »
Underwhelming is the word.  :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

You would think that the longer legs would make it easier to come up with more dynamic poses, but nope, just went for the basic straight stick legs.

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2021, 03:22:36 AM »
Kinda interested in the bird Hitch comes with cause it has the same color scheme as my budgie... lol

The clunky shoes are so funny they're charming. Concerned by the lack of brushable hair though >_<

Wishlist

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2021, 05:28:18 AM »
the shoes are absolutely HILARIOUS lol, but please give us more brushables :(

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2021, 06:03:09 AM »
the shoes are absolutely HILARIOUS lol, but please give us more brushables :(
THIS
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2021, 06:26:00 AM »
Hasbro if you insist on giving us molded hair At Least make it Articulated!! 3+ points of articulation at a minimum… LOL

j/k brushables please

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2021, 07:05:11 AM »
Ya know the great thing about G1 ponies, there wasn't a LOT of accessories when you bought one pony. You got a pony, a brush or comb, a sticker and a ribbon. They fit nicely in to your hand, especially if you were a little kid...but it was soft enough plastic that they were huggable and lovable. Then with the brushable hair, it made them more realistic.

I know from watching my younger relatives play...all that extra crap for small children and a little big older kids is going to get lost and on stepped on by mom and dad. I think the thing about the original MLP was that it was so minimalistic, sure, more accessories came out with playsets or some ponies might have had a few more things but honestly, those action figure looking ponies for the new line have a lot of 'junk' with them that little kids are just going to lose...and frankly at my age all that is just more tiny junk I don't want to deal with.

So it's a hard pass for me on the 'action' figure ponies from those images. I have to hope they'll look better in person, but they're just not for me and I doubt if I'm going to be buying my 4 year old cousin these ponies that come with SOoooooo much tiny junk. I would probably buy her a bigger one with brushable hair but she seems to like my G1 style ponies better anyway, she goes for them more than the other ponies I have in my collection when she visits me.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal