collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162996 times)

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:59 PM »
I might get my bee-girl rooted at some point, i've seen some done. it would be so nice to have her rooted instead of a wig. I might also have to go dig some paint out of the holes in her back, i forgot to cover them so some paint got in there and it's a tight fit for her wings. >_o

Take ultra care while rehairing! the cam heads are SO soft you might break the plugs you make, telling from experience, lol

I'll probably get someone to do it for me - these dolls are pricy compared to the ponies I work with 8C

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
Just a quick note: the Club fashions are currently in stock through Amazon for 9.99 (except Abbeys)
I just snagged the Clawdeen pack (and got free two-day shipping because I'm still in the midst of my Prime trial) so yay me :3
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:16:53 PM by Ravie »

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »
I picked up Operetta and Nefera at my Wal-Mart tonight and I literally danced in the toy aisle in glee. :D I have to say that Nefera is simply stunning in person, there is not one thing that I don't love about her! And Operetta is equally as stunning, though I wish that I could wash all that glue out of her hair.

They had one of each remaining on the shelves, but I do not expect either to remain there long.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
I'm SO glad Operetta is being found...I am so excited about her...WANT! :heart:

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
Oops. My fingers slipped, and now I should be getting the Hydration Station from TRU next week.

I was doing so well not getting it...and then I realized I could put my Bioshock figures in there. Maybe not the Bouncers, but at least the Big Sisters and maybe the Alphas! Sold. Sold sold sold. I can't wait to do a photo shoot with it..I just think it's so neat. I can probably put a new background in there, too.

Post Merge: January 18, 2012, 11:10:06 PM

And 20 dolls! I probably won't get that many *crosses fingers*

Yeah, I said I wasn't going to get duplicates either...but I end up NEEDING every incarnation of Ghoulia and Draculaura, lol! 

You jinxed me, Barbgirl! Not even 8 hours after our conversation, and now not only did I get another Lagoona with the Hydration Station, but I'm planning on picking up a Dead Tired Ghoulia and maybe that other one they have. Skull Shores, I think? Poor credit card. It's getting a workout this week!

Yes, I've decided Skull Shores Abbey is going back. While I love her purple hat and shoes, I am 98% certain her hair is just pink and white and that is not acceptable to me! The promo photos have a purple streak!

Or would it be cheaper in the long run to debox her, keep the accessories, and sell the doll to someone else?

I'm so sorry I'm asking all the noob questions!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:10:06 PM by Jadis4742 »

gargoylekitty

« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
@Jadis4742- My SS!Abbey has purple and blue in her hair. Though if you're only looking at her only from the front, I can see thinking there's only white and pink, unless you really have a flubbed one).

Though if you do go with deboxing and selling just the doll, I'd be interested, depending on the price! Could use another Abbey.

EmoKuu

« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:29 PM »
The plastic is molded clear, and both were painted white. It's a matter of factory differences, as the original were from one factory, the 2nd round was from another (China & Indonesia, I forget which one came from what). But these are just minor differences. The white gradient is painted on both, but the originals paint was perhaps a little better from that one factory, since it didn't come off as easily. Also the gradient was longer on the 2nd, causing it to go down almost to the shoes before fading, where as the original was shorter. The factory that produced the 2nd ones also was able to mold in a more transparent plastic, as her hands, feet, bag and Rheune were all considerably less cloudy and more see through. But the application was the same.

Ooh, thanks for the clarification. I clarly remembered a discussion from an earlier thread about how the plastic had the gradient in it on the earlier version.

Can any of the original Spectra owners comment on the paint and how it holds up? The 2nd edition ones looked really bad, paint-wise, to me, but maybe it's a general thing.

Oh, and Jadis4742, welcome to the MH fold. :) It always starts with just getting one doll. I couldn't make up my mind which Draculaura to buy, and when I finally did buy one I got 4 in a matter of weeks. Whoops!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:28:46 PM by EmoKuu »

GhouliaRules

« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »
Yeah, i have both the original and the 2nd (my 2nd is wearing the fashion pack which i finally found at walmart!). I haven't really noticed that much of a difference to be honest in the quality - I've only read about issues other people have with it, but I mostly display them and don't really play them a lot, so they get minimal wear and tear. I prefer the height on the original (in terms of where the gradient starts on her leg), but the clarity in the newer spectra's is definitely better looking than the original.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2012, 12:35:39 AM »
Are the DotD three packs still widely available?

I wish we had walmart in Australia.

picklepud

« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2012, 03:03:24 AM »
UK fans get your bums to Smyths.

They have lots of new MH goodies.

They have all the CAM sets, Lala's Car, Sweet 1600 is back and mine had 1 of the New fashion packs.

Had to get the other CAM, squeeeeeeeeeee the Skeleton

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:38 AM »
Yeah, i have both the original and the 2nd (my 2nd is wearing the fashion pack which i finally found at walmart!). I haven't really noticed that much of a difference to be honest in the quality - I've only read about issues other people have with it, but I mostly display them and don't really play them a lot, so they get minimal wear and tear. I prefer the height on the original (in terms of where the gradient starts on her leg), but the clarity in the newer spectra's is definitely better looking than the original.

Im happy with my first release because the earrings :P

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2012, 05:58:41 AM »

That's exactly how my Walmart looks! Frustrating isn't it?????

SAME HERE! and my Target and TRU :< so sad!

We're a bunch of junkies who need our doll fixes. :P

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

creampuf

« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2012, 06:34:46 AM »
Target and Wal-Mart are total fails in my area. The nearest Toys r Us is in a not very friendly part of the area so I don't like to go there...that and I despise the price jacking TRU does.

on another note and I should post pics...I did wash Cupids hair and the curl loosened a bit and it got this little shag to it. It's VERY cute and looks more free spirited like her box art. I still plan on repainting her lips to more of a cherry color which would be pretty on her.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:40 AM »
I ended up adding the "what's out" list and FAQ page over here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?topic=283772.0

I added it a few days ago and wanted to get the FAQ going as well but it wouldn't let me edit until now. If anyone has anything to ad, then that would be great. :) We had some really helpful posts from the old thread, so I'm hoping that the members who contributed can move them over.

I need some info asap!

For the people who have Nefera and Operetta...  Is the arch of Nefera's widow's peak higher on one side than the other? And is Operetta's monocle always crushed into her victory roll curl? I found them both tonight and I'm not sure if they're good enough to keep.  :/

The widows peak on my Nefera is pretty even on both sides. Operetta's mask does seem to leave a bit of a dent in her victory roll where it's displayed in the package though. I think I've seen this issue on every photo of her in, or straight from the box and even her prototype appears to have this going on in photos.

I found that this can be fixed however, without rinsing the glue out of her hair. I dampened the curls on my Operetta a tad and then gently unrolled them and re-rolled them up using drinking straws as curlers and fastening them securely with bobby pins. Once the curls completely dry, the glue should re-harden and the hair will look a lot neater. Then you can place her monocle back at your preference, which I feel sits better at the top of her curl, rather than the middle. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:01:43 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »
Just wanted to come here and say Mattel is sending me a replacement Nefera since the arm broke on the one I bought a couple nights ago!! I am VERY pleased with their customer service, wow! :) I just hope the quality on her makeup and such is as nice as the one I picked out for myself. Very happy camper right now!

On a side note - would anyone be interested in buying a Nefera with a broken off ball socket?

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal