collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162870 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1440 on: February 21, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
MUST.HAVE.ALL.LAGOONA'S.
Even though I still can't find SS Lagoona and Gil. Might have to resort to amazon next month.

karin_h

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1441 on: February 21, 2012, 09:23:14 AM »

And I wish Lagoona's helmet had a fin on either side of her head (like her Signature hoodie) instead of just one fin in the middle, like she's wearing a Gil scalp. XP

HAHAHAHA xD best comment ever!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »

Uh oh...what is an assortment number?  I do not have Abbey's box anymore. :/  I bought her in December.

Abbey's asst # is V7988 Good luck!

Oops, assortment number wasn't the right term to use, sorry about that. I probably should have said batch number. It's actually indented into the box and may be different between multiples of the same doll. I think they just want to know what batch the broken doll came from in case there are/have been multiple reports of errors.

Sorry I said asst # it was late here and I should have been in bed.

The Product # seems to be all they care about. I've been dealing with Mattel since 1990 and they don't do a serious track down on a broken item like you would think. They would rather just send a replacement since all of their products have a warranty. In some cases they will take your address and if the problem you report is widespread they will send you a new part ( I got more than a few Barbie heads in the mail over the years. It's kind of funny when you don't expect it.  :blink: )

Anyways.... Abbey's Assortment # is N2851 Product # V7988 If they don't have the part to send they will send you the same doll... if they don't have the doll they will send a voucher. ;) Don't worry too much about the indented batch #. They won't even ask for it on something like a broken arm. Missing items or broken straight out of the box they might but it has not been something I've ever been asked. ;) 

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 21, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »

Uh oh...what is an assortment number?  I do not have Abbey's box anymore. :/  I bought her in December.

Abbey's asst # is V7988 Good luck!

Oops, assortment number wasn't the right term to use, sorry about that. I probably should have said batch number. It's actually indented into the box and may be different between multiples of the same doll. I think they just want to know what batch the broken doll came from in case there are/have been multiple reports of errors.

Sorry I said asst # it was late here and I should have been in bed.

The Product # seems to be all they care about. I've been dealing with Mattel since 1990 and they don't do a serious track down on a broken item like you would think. They would rather just send a replacement since all of their products have a warranty. In some cases they will take your address and if the problem you report is widespread they will send you a new part ( I got more than a few Barbie heads in the mail over the years. It's kind of funny when you don't expect it.  :blink: )

Anyways.... Abbey's Assortment # is N2851 Product # V7988 If they don't have the part to send they will send you the same doll... if they don't have the doll they will send a voucher. ;) Don't worry too much about the indented batch #. They won't even ask for it on something like a broken arm. Missing items or broken straight out of the box they might but it has not been something I've ever been asked. ;) 

Oh, I originally said assortment number as well which is what prompted the question from Tropical Sunset, so I saw it as my fault as it wasn't what I meant.  :blush:

They asked me for the indented batch number in my case and I had a broken doll, so I guess it depends on who you speak with and the route you take in contacting Mattel. I imagine that it would be so easy for some teenager to go into their chat (I got a replacement this way), say they had a broken doll and get a freebie, so maybe they just wanted to verify that I actually had the doll on my person.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:23:00 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 21, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
Damn! Mattel just got back to me. They say they'll email me a return shipping label, and I'll get my refund within 10 days. But there's no mention of them sending me a Clawd. I may just keep Clawdeen after all...

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1445 on: February 21, 2012, 01:30:25 PM »
Damn! Mattel just got back to me. They say they'll email me a return shipping label, and I'll get my refund within 10 days. But there's no mention of them sending me a Clawd. I may just keep Clawdeen after all...

Not the greatest resolution to the problem. :S

Clawdeen is pretty rad, and at least there are people here willing to grab him for you. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 21, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »

Huh? Thats weird....why wouldnt they offer a replacement especially when its their fault...

Silly Mattel....

Good luck tracking down your Clawd
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 21, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »
So I had to buy a second Gil, because my first had a wonky eye. Srsly, one was really noticeably smaller than the other. Luckily I found a new one at TRU, his eyes are perfect! Anyway, the reason for this story is to share that their stands are totally different colors. My first Gil had the generic teal stand that all the Skull Shores dolls (usually) come with, while my new Gil has a bright orange stand. I suppose it's to match the bit of orange on his shirt... I know this phenomenon has been noticed with other Skull Shores dolls too. Just odd.

Does anyone know what color stands the other SS dolls should have, if not the generic teal? I now know Gil > Bright Orange.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 21, 2012, 03:44:15 PM »
My Gil came with a bright orange stand as well, and I believe another - Abbey?- came with a purple one. It's hard for me to remember.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 21, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
I got a Gil with a bright orange stand and another one with a teal stand.

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 21, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
My Gil came with a bright orange stand as well, and I believe another - Abbey?- came with a purple one. It's hard for me to remember.

I probably shouldn't have asked, now I want the non-teal stands, haha. My Abbey needs purple.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 21, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
I could totally be wrong. Is there anyway of telling? I'm too lazy to start comparing my stands. haha

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 21, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
I could totally be wrong. Is there anyway of telling? I'm too lazy to start comparing my stands. haha

Haha I don't know, but I believe you, purple would match Abbey's SS outfit much more than the teal. And I believe someone earlier in this thread had an SS Ghoulia with a green stand, which also makes sense.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »

Haha I don't know, but I believe you, purple would match Abbey's SS outfit much more than the teal. And I believe someone earlier in this thread had an SS Ghoulia with a green stand, which also makes sense.

I need to go through my stands now. I know that some Lagoona's came with pink stands, and my Ghoulia had the bright green one. I'm pretty positive that my Gil had the teal stand and while I know Abbey came with something different than teal, I can't remember what the color was.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 21, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »

My Spectra came with a purple stand, and I thought Abbey (the 1st release anyway) came with a blue stand.. right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal