collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162768 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1425 on: February 20, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
Gotta be honest, I'm kinda pissed that Lagoona and Ghoulia were both shafted. They didn't make it into the 1600, and they didnt make it into the Halloween set either. What gives, Mattel?

Lagoona is going to be in the Dot Dead Gorgeous line (along with Spectra and Operetta) and both Lagoona and Ghoulia are going to be in the Roller Maze line (along with Operetta and Frankie). Dot Dead Gorgeous seems to be a dressy line too tho it irritates me that they have to do them as a separate line instead of having one line with all the characters in it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 20, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »
:hug: Thanks for all the support and well-wishes, guys.  I have contacted Mattel.  I'll let you know what happens.
Poor Abbey...I guess careful handling can only go so far and some dolls are just plain faulty. :<

Yes, Signature Abbey is 1st/2nd release Abbey with the furry boots and crystalline-patterned dress.  My particular Abbey was 2nd edition signature (she has shorter legwarmers and a few other variations from 1st release Abbey). 

Yes, please do let us know!

Do you happen to know what all the differences are in the two releases?  (besides shorter legwarmers)  I'm curious about it and things like that interest me for some reason.  I guess because I am such a detail freak.  lol!
Lagoona is going to be in the Dot Dead Gorgeous line (along with Spectra and
Operetta)

Ooo!   Are there perhaps pics of these?  I am in love with my Spectra and would probably buy a nice re-release.  I don't yet have Lagoona at all but I like her colors!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 20, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »
:hug: Thanks for all the support and well-wishes, guys.  I have contacted Mattel.  I'll let you know what happens.
Poor Abbey...I guess careful handling can only go so far and some dolls are just plain faulty. :<

I'm sorry about your Abbey Tropical_Sunset, but if it's any consolation, the same thing happened with my Nefera and they immediately sent me a replacement. They asked me for the assortment number on the back of the box and where/when I purchased her and the new doll arrived less than two weeks later. Hopefully Mattel comes through for you as well. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Ooo!   Are there perhaps pics of these?  I am in love with my Spectra and would probably buy a nice re-release.  I don't yet have Lagoona at all but I like her colors!

A bit hard to make out, but there's some images on Flickr of Operetta, Spectra, and Lagoona:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29399546@N08/6868340547/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:59:12 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 20, 2012, 04:57:43 PM »

I'm sorry about your Abbey Tropical_Sunset, but if it's any consolation, the same thing happened with my Nefera and they immediately sent me a replacement. They asked me for the assortment number on the back of the box and where/when I purchased her and the new doll arrived less than two weeks later. Hopefully Mattel comes through for you as well. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Uh oh...what is an assortment number?  I do not have Abbey's box anymore. :/  I bought her in December.

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 20, 2012, 05:03:23 PM »

Uh oh...what is an assortment number?  I do not have Abbey's box anymore. :/  I bought her in December.

It's the tiny number punched into the back of the box (I had no idea what they were talking about at first either). They still may replace her without it though, I'm unsure of what their policy is on returns but it's probably case by case. I've also heard of people sending them photos of the damaged doll and still getting results that way.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:05:59 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1430 on: February 20, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
Gotta be honest, I'm kinda pissed that Lagoona and Ghoulia were both shafted. They didn't make it into the 1600, and they didnt make it into the Halloween set either. What gives, Mattel?
Since there's artwork featuring Sweet 1600 Lagoona and Ghoulia we'll probably see them in another wave. They were both in the second release of DotD, both had separate/exclusive releases in Gloom Beach and Dead Tired respectively, and Ghoulia was in the second set of signature dolls, so i think they're seen as secondary core-characters. 

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 20, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
That does suck about your Abbey. But it looks like Mattel is pretty good at fixing that, which is good.

My main concern is whether I can still get a Clawd at the great price of $22. I doubt it. In that case, I'll probably just keep Clawdeen. I was considering buying one anyway.

I keep seeing Clawd everywhere, tuneful, so if you get desperate, I can pick one up for you.  He's usually a reasonable price too.  That really is annoying about getting the wrong one even when Mattel assured you that you would be getting the right one.  Maybe they will get crazy and just send you one for free.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Good luck with that and let me know if you want me to grab you one!  : )

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 20, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »
Airiel, thank you so much for the offer! I'll let you know what Mattel says tomorrow. That would be awesome if they sent him for free, wouldn't it? Fingers crossed!

If there's no chance of me getting him through Mattel, I'll PM you. Oh, and how much is Clawd going for approx?

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 20, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »

Abbey's asst # is V7988 Good luck!

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1434 on: February 20, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »
question! I'm looking at this photo on amazon and it looks like operetta should have come with 3 other bracelets??
Is that right? or is that advertised wrong?... if she did come with them, where are they hidden in the box? because I can't find them anywhere in either my operetta that I opened and the other I still have for a friend

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1435 on: February 20, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
My Operetta is still in the box, but unless the bracelets are hiding in the guitar-coffin, I don't see them anywhere.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 20, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
question! I'm looking at this photo on amazon and it looks like operetta should have come with 3 other bracelets??
Is that right? or is that advertised wrong?... if she did come with them, where are they hidden in the box? because I can't find them anywhere in either my operetta that I opened and the other I still have for a friend

I believe those are actually Howleen's bracelets, my Operetta doesn't have them either. Weird stock photo mishap.

Here's a picture from Flickr you can kind of see them in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/purple_monkfish/6846170061/in/photostream

Post Merge: February 20, 2012, 10:18:35 PM

I can't believe Mattel lied to poor Tuney. e_e Bad form that. I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to find Clawd, I'm sure Amazon will get him back in stock eventually, since Mattel is still actively sending out Sweet 1600 at the moment.

Also, /hug Tropical_Sunset. You poor thing, I'd probably cry. Hopefully they find you a new arm, or even a new doll!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:18:35 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline Mandy85

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 21, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »

Abbey's asst # is V7988 Good luck!

Oops, assortment number wasn't the right term to use, sorry about that. I probably should have said batch number. It's actually indented into the box and may be different between multiples of the same doll. I think they just want to know what batch the broken doll came from in case there are/have been multiple reports of errors.

I believe those are actually Howleen's bracelets, my Operetta doesn't have them either. Weird stock photo mishap.

Here's a picture from Flickr you can kind of see them in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/purple_monkfish/6846170061/in/photostream

Keelee's right, the bracelets belong to Howleen. Mattel made the same mistake on Holt's stock image as well and pictured him with Gloom Beach Jackson's shutter shades. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:11:53 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #1438 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »
Just peeking in to say that I absolutely must have that roller derby Ghoulia.  MUST. HAVE.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 21, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »
Just peeking in to say that I absolutely must have that roller derby Ghoulia.  MUST. HAVE.

I haven't gotten a good look at the actual dolls in the line, but if Ghoulia looks anything like her box art I totally agree! BRAIN HELMET LOVE. And I'm super excited by the prospect of a Ghoulia with adorable pigtails!

And I wish Lagoona's helmet had a fin on either side of her head (like her Signature hoodie) instead of just one fin in the middle, like she's wearing a Gil scalp. XP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal