collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162818 times)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1410 on: February 20, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »
Nope, you're not alone - I love all of that too! Especially after it was explained that their designs are highly stylized versions of the classic movie monster get-ups. I'm EXTREMELY excited about the whole line, and am hoping like crazy that they add a second wave of Lagoona, Spectra, Holt and Operetta! (Can you imagine Operetta in a stylized phantom costume? Or Holt in jazzed up Victorian-esque duds? *swoon!*)

^^ this.  I think they're drop dead gorgeous.  even clawdeen.  they are the only versions I feel like I will leave in box, just because of how detailed they are.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »
You guys know those pony dreams where you dream of finding a pony you want so much, but then you wake up and realize it was only a dream and you are disappointed?

Well, I had a dream like that only it was monster high related.  I keep trying to find an Abbey but am always out of luck and stores in my area seem to be having less and less monster high.  Anyway, I had this dream last night of finding an Abbey and I remember hearing myself say "Abbey, OMG OMG OMG"  then I look at the package more and found it was a fakie Abbey.  It was just like Abbey but it was from a no name company. 
:cry:

Then, I guess part two of this dream was I found an Abbey on a store shelf, not in the package and missing her clothes.  Then, I go to another store and find the clothes sitting on a store shelf.  I'm thinking to myself why I didn't I grab the doll at that other store.  :P

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
I think I must be naturally "tacky" cause I am loving the Halloween outfits and makeup and hair...am I the only one?
Nope, you're not alone - I love all of that too! Especially after it was explained that their designs are highly stylized versions of the classic movie monster get-ups. I'm EXTREMELY excited about the whole line, and am hoping like crazy that they add a second wave of Lagoona, Spectra, Holt and Operetta! (Can you imagine Operetta in a stylized phantom costume? Or Holt in jazzed up Victorian-esque duds? *swoon!*)

I love them too, except for Clawdeen's outfit.  I just despise "jumpers" or bodysuits or whatever you'd like to call them.  I love the GR Clawdeen doll herself, though! What awesome hair!
GR Cleo is perhaps my favorite Cleo EVER and Draculaura and Frankie are really cool too. 

I desperately hope for a second wave in GR too!  Holt in Victorian-esque clothes...oh my.  I think I would just die from happiness. <3
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:06:54 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 20, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »
Gotta be honest, I'm kinda pissed that Lagoona and Ghoulia were both shafted. They didn't make it into the 1600, and they didnt make it into the Halloween set either. What gives, Mattel?

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 20, 2012, 02:14:57 PM »
Gotta be honest, I'm kinda pissed that Lagoona and Ghoulia were both shafted. They didn't make it into the 1600, and they didnt make it into the Halloween set either. What gives, Mattel?

I agree. They're definitely losing my money for that move - those two are the only core dolls I really like.

But you know, they have to make money too. Kinda sad if the nerd and the tom girl are the ones who don't sell as well, though :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 20, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
I think I must be naturally "tacky" cause I am loving the Halloween outfits and makeup and hair...am I the only one?

One person's overdone is just another person's all dressed up! I for one would dislike a line of simple, basic looks. I love Halloween Frankie, Cleo and Ula. :3 I must admit I don't like Clawdeen, really dislike the sides of her head being shaved. But I'm happy they're trying!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 20, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »
Really? Ghoulia and Lagoona seem to be extremely popular!

On another note, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!! A Mattel rep assured me that if I ordered the $22 1600 Clawd from the website (despite the fact that his name was shown with a photo of Clawdeen), I would indeed receive Clawd. The package just arrived, and it's Clawdeen. #$&@^*! I. AM. MONUMENTALLY. PISSED.

I just sent an email back to customer service. Worst part is, I'm kinda thinking about keeping Clawdeen. I'm resisting the urge to open her until I hear back from the rep...

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 20, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »
I am in a stupor of sadness and shock right now.
I was gently posing my Signature Abbey for a picture, and her right arm snapped off at the elbow.  The peg is still buried in her upper arm and I can't get it out.
I thought maybe if I could get the peg out, I could give her one of my SS Abbey's arms, but it turns out that SS and Signature Abbey are different shades of blue.

It took me forever to track down and find a Signature Abbey.  She is my favorite doll.  I can't believe this.
  :sad:

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 20, 2012, 02:53:48 PM »
I was gently posing my Signature Abbey for a picture, and her right arm snapped off at the elbow.  The peg is still buried in her upper arm and I can't get it out.
I thought maybe if I could get the peg out, I could give her one of my SS Abbey's arms, but it turns out that SS and Signature Abbey are different shades of blue.

It took me forever to track down and find a Signature Abbey.  She is my favorite doll.  I can't believe this.

I am so sorry!  That is just awful..  :huh:   I wish I had a solution for you.  Abbey is one of my favorites and I really want her, so I totally get how much you love her and hunted for her!   :hug: I hope someone here can help.

-Em
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 20, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »

contact mattel.  they can't replace stands, but I believe they can help you with body parts.  someone here had nefera's arm snap, and they sent her a replacement doll.
looking into a re-branding.

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1420 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
So I found out what was wrong with my order. I got an email two days ago (I had a crazy amount of emails to sift through) saying that they had no stock (um, okay?) and that they'd refund me in 1-2 days. I payed with an Amex giftcard and I still haven't been refunded  :drunk: . Hopefully that won't complicate things TOO much in the long run

thanks for your help, though, you guys~

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 20, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

I am so sorry!   I know I am kicking myself for not getting Abbey sooner, but I do now have one on the way to me.  I hope that maybe Mattel can help you out.  *hugs*

I assume by signature you mean the 1st release with the furry outfit..?  (I'm still new to all the MH lingo.)  ;)

--------------------

Oh my, is this doll for real? 
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/monster-high/images/26601389/title/abbey-dotd-photo
I want it, if it is real.  Looks from the discussion though that it might be a fake.  Darn. 

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 20, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
Oh, TS! You've stolen my thunder about my Clawd/Clawdeen issue! hehe

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 20, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »
 :hug: Thanks for all the support and well-wishes, guys.  I have contacted Mattel.  I'll let you know what happens.
Poor Abbey...I guess careful handling can only go so far and some dolls are just plain faulty. :<

Yes, Signature Abbey is 1st/2nd release Abbey with the furry boots and crystalline-patterned dress.  My particular Abbey was 2nd edition signature (she has shorter legwarmers and a few other variations from 1st release Abbey). 

Haha, sorry about stealing your thunder, Tuney!  Trust me, when it comes to tales of misery and woe, I'd rather not steal anyone's thunder. XD 
They sent you the wrong doll.  That is SERIOUSLY annoying.  x_x  It's so exciting when something you're waiting for arrives in the mail, but when the package has the wrong thing inside of it it's like a slap in the face. D:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 20, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
That does suck about your Abbey. But it looks like Mattel is pretty good at fixing that, which is good.

My main concern is whether I can still get a Clawd at the great price of $22. I doubt it. In that case, I'll probably just keep Clawdeen. I was considering buying one anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal