collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162768 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1260 on: February 16, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »
I'm sorry, but I think the whole DT line is.....really lame. It's nice to have a doll to buy who's a bit cheaper (my first MH was a DT Ghoulia, because I wasn't sure if I would like them or not), but one of my favorite parts of the line is the clothing and the DT line just has boring clothing (imho).

I didn't think I would particularly like the line either - pajamas? But then I bought DT Ghoulia, mainly for her amazing Brain Puffs, and she simply charmed so much she has practically become my favorite doll. So I feel like I really need the others to go with her.

And I need Ula regardless - she has such a cute little frilly outfit, and an original hairstyle! None of her other versions look anything like it. Plus she and I both have a strong affection for Scary Human Movies, which makes me love her already.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 16, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »
I like Clawdeens slippers too. But I'm not sure I'm convinced they are real :S Why would they release another Lala? and I thought Clawdeen with her bunk-bed where supposed to be sort of included to the DT...
Why not release DT Abbey, Spectra, Operetta or any of the boys instead?
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 16, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »
I'm sorry, but I think the whole DT line is.....really lame. It's nice to have a doll to buy who's a bit cheaper (my first MH was a DT Ghoulia, because I wasn't sure if I would like them or not), but one of my favorite parts of the line is the clothing and the DT line just has boring clothing (imho).

Of course this is all personal opinion, and I really shouldn't complaining because I reaaaaaally don't need more dolls to buy :P  Plus the three new characters are SO AWESOME.

I kind of see where you're coming from on this, but that's the reason I like them I think. The more muted make-up choices and simple clothes really endear them to me. Sometimes all the high fashion and glam just gets that little bit overwhelming. Which is kind of why I'm a bit put off by the new DT Clawdeen, it could just be the poor photo but her lippy looks a little too much for a sleepover. *fussy fussy*

But that's just me. :p

I like the simpler makeup, to a degree. But I do prefer the more "in your face" glam stuff myself. And the pjs get a bit boring. I think they're nice, but definitely a bit boring compared to some of the other stuff we've gotten. But as you say, that's just me :)

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
I adore these black and white Frankie outfit remixes you've devised. Gives me more reasons to get Toralei's fashion pack and the "Killer Style" dolls. I'm totally dying for Skull Shores Frankie too - I hope she's really widely available soon! I might even buy two if so, so I can play with the hair of one. I don't mind the bob, but I'd like to have one with her signature lovely long hair. (Naturally I can't afford the SDCC one. :P )
Thanks! :)
When I bought Toralei's fashion pack I already knew she wouldn't be wearing it. lol. I hate bandanas and all the orange, but I knew a simple black top would come in handy.

Killer style Frankie is the same as Gloom Beach Frankie except for the bangs, so if you have the Gloom Beach version you can achieve a similar look.

I hope she becomes widely available too. I like her, but not enough to pay crazy "exclusive doll" prices.

I'm sorry, but I think the whole DT line is.....really lame.
I'm not crazy about most of the PJs either, but I think that line has some of the best faces. I really like the thinner eyes.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2012, 06:10:44 PM »
I am not impressed by the second DT line, to be honest. To me Clawdeen already had a DT version and that came with her bunk bed and I think the same of Lagoona if they decided to put her in the new line as well. Now if they wanted to do a second wave with just Abbey, Operetta, Spectra, Nefra, Venus, Rochelle, Robecca, and Toralei I would be fine with that actually. Heck, if they wanted to throw the boys into the mix that would be awesome as well.

Oooh, Deuce in night clothes.....*drool*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2012, 06:15:16 PM »

XD

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »

Thanks! :)
When I bought Toralei's fashion pack I already knew she wouldn't be wearing it. lol. I hate bandanas and all the orange, but I knew a simple black top would come in handy.

Killer style Frankie is the same as Gloom Beach Frankie except for the bangs, so if you have the Gloom Beach version you can achieve a similar look.

I hope she becomes widely available too. I like her, but not enough to pay crazy "exclusive doll" prices.

That's good to know! I'm mainly considering getting her and Ula for their outfit pieces - I already have the Day at the Maul set, but the slight differences on the dolls are equally good, and I feel like I need them too! XD Just dragging my feet. But everytime I see them I think "I need those black and silver patterned leggings and those plain black thi-his!"

I don't think my Toralei would wear her fashion pack either, it seems kinda plain, but now that I've seen how some of the pieces really work (like on Frankie!) I'm more into it. And I just want those tiny 3D glasses. X3

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1267 on: February 16, 2012, 06:19:11 PM »
where are these links for the new stuff DT???
Here is one i found if it hasnt been posted
http://pixienovah.tumblr.com/

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 16, 2012, 06:21:10 PM »
I am not impressed by the second DT line, to be honest. To me Clawdeen already had a DT version and that came with her bunk bed and I think the same of Lagoona if they decided to put her in the new line as well. Now if they wanted to do a second wave with just Abbey, Operetta, Spectra, Nefra, Venus, Rochelle, Robecca, and Toralei I would be fine with that actually. Heck, if they wanted to throw the boys into the mix that would be awesome as well.

I want my imaginary boy vampire doll in nightclothes! Haha.

I agree, I'd much rather see the other characters than Clawdeen and Ula again. They even have a cute design for Abbey already! (Actually I'll be surprised if she's not included in the line at least.)

Post Merge: February 16, 2012, 06:26:36 PM

O.O Omg! Draculaura's powder room!!! I seriously might be more excited about this than even the new basic dolls. XD It looks SO perfect! I wasn't even sure what a powder room was supposed to contain. I'm like, crazy in love with that bath tub. That's it, I want Ula's design team to do my future house. All of it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:26:36 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 16, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
As written under that cute tub pic - "Photos of dead tired Abbey and Howleen coming soon!"  :cheer:
:fox:

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 16, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »
I tortured myself by going to every store in a 20 mile radius that might carry MH. I came home with Lagoona's Hydration Station at Target. It sucks not having anything to buy! Where is everything Mattel?!?!

By the way... I keep finding Cleo (the one without the pet) at every store. Anyone know what set she is out of? Who do I keep missing????

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 16, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »
As written under that cute tub pic - "Photos of dead tired Abbey and Howleen coming soon!"  :cheer:

Sweetness!

On the drive home tonight I was daydreaming about playing with Arachne once she's released. Oh, I can't wait to have that black spider in my hands!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 16, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »
I tortured myself by going to every store in a 20 mile radius that might carry MH. I came home with Lagoona's Hydration Station at Target. It sucks not having anything to buy! Where is everything Mattel?!?!

By the way... I keep finding Cleo (the one without the pet) at every store. Anyone know what set she is out of? Who do I keep missing????

That's 2.0 Cleo. She was released late last spring. Her current case assortment is 2x Operetta, 2x Nefera, 1x Toralei and 1x Cleo. So, you're missing out on the three newest girls (that have been released anyway).

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 16, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1274 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »
Must. Not. Want. Powder room. Argh. T____T

And yay! Dead Tired Abbey! I really hope Spectra gets a doll in that set and I would flip if they re-released Dead Tired Lagoona. I love her to bits, but she's so expensive with the hydration station.

*sigh* They need to make a Monster High Anonymous.

EDIT: I just realized Operetta's monocle is probably going to be attached to her roller derby helmet. Bah. No black hair, no monocle I can steal for my other Operetta... Looks like I can check her off my want list. *wallet breathes a tiny sigh of relief*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:59:09 PM by WickedWonderland »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal