collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162926 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1215 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:16 PM »
Could it be a one eyed one horned purple people eater?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 15, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
I was wondering what that purple thing on the bottom was.

Purple unicorn add-on = Daughter of Nightmare Moon?!?!? lol jk

If they re-release Signature Holt around the same time they release Jackson, I might take back what I said about not getting the boy dolls and just get those 2 as well as Clawd. lol XD

I wouldn't count on it. Jackson's part of the spring line, and Holt was originally released during the fall of 2010. He had his re-release with Abbey and Spectra's debut.  Abbey looks to be the one getting a re-release. Also, they don't tend to release a lot of guy dolls at once. I think if we get another guy besides Jackson before the end of the year, it'll be a new release, probably a basic or deluxe doll (I think that Dot Dead Gorgeous will have more dolls in it) or possibly a signature guy in a double pack, like Gil with Lagoona or something.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:17:24 PM by crimsondeity »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »

I wouldn't count on it. Jackson's part of the spring line, and Holt was originally released during the fall of 2010. He had his re-release with Abbey and Spectra's debut.  Abbey looks to be the one getting a re-release. Also, they don't tend to release a lot of guy dolls at once. I think if we get another guy besides Jackson before the end of the year, it'll be a new release, probably a basic or deluxe doll (I think that Dot Dead Gorgeous will have more dolls in it) or possibly a signature guy in a double pack, like Gil with Lagoona or something.

A Gil and Lagoona two-pack would be amazing. <3 And a good place for Basic Gil. I think we'll eventually get him and a new Holt in a dance line. He's seen wearing a tuxedo in the Sweet 1600 art, and he's on the cover of the Ghoul's Rule DVD.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1218 on: February 15, 2012, 10:54:23 PM »
Argh, I just spent 40 minutes trying to get Ghoulia's hands back onto her arms. My fingers are all hurty.  :cry:

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:01 PM »
Argh, I just spent 40 minutes trying to get Ghoulia's hands back onto her arms. My fingers are all hurty.  :cry:

Did you try softening the plastic in hot water? One of my dolls has hand issues too and that helps.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1220 on: February 16, 2012, 12:21:16 AM »

Did you try softening the plastic in hot water? One of my dolls has hand issues too and that helps.

I did...it didn't help much. Of course, I'm pretty sure my water heater is mostly imaginary. Next time I'll boil some water in the electric teakettle instead.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 16, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »
Could it be a one eyed one horned purple people eater?
But then why doesn't it fly? Matteeeeeel... D:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #1222 on: February 16, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »
I've been sort of paying attention to th trends of the guys

There was Deuce in a 2 pack, then Holt as a singular signature, then there was the cheap Jackson release and later a dancey Deuce
Then there was Clawd in a 2 pack, Gil as a cheapish release, a Dancy Clawd, and now a singular signature Jackson

While I once suspected Gil would debut in a 2 pack with Lagoona, I think we'll see a Slo-Mo and Ghoulia two-pack...unless they finally hook Heath up with someone (strangely enough, my personal preference would be Abbey)

unless its all random! There probably isn't a trend, though, line isn't even two years old yet.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
.unless they finally hook Heath up with someone (strangely enough, my personal preference would be Abbey)

I like that pairing too and I kinda think they hinted at it a little in the special when he was listening to Abbey giving advice in Cupid's place. They both are rather direct and not very subtle.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 16, 2012, 04:32:01 AM »
I have something I wish Mattel would make for these dolls.   More outfits!   Not just ones that come with dolls, and not just ones for specific dolls.  I want general outfits for *any* MH doll to wear.   I am loving the fashion aspect of these dolls, but noticed that so far, all the outfits either come with a doll or are designed around a specific doll.  Why can't they just make some general 'mix N match' outfits?  They would be so much fun, especially with the new CAM packs. 

Also, in line with more outfits, I would *love* to see a MH closet!   It could be skeleton-themed with bone-styled hangers.  And maybe a couple of drawers for shoes and accessories.  I'd love that too!!  <3

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1225 on: February 16, 2012, 06:45:24 AM »
I have something I wish Mattel would make for these dolls.   More outfits!   Not just ones that come with dolls, and not just ones for specific dolls.  I want general outfits for *any* MH doll to wear.   I am loving the fashion aspect of these dolls, but noticed that so far, all the outfits either come with a doll or are designed around a specific doll.  Why can't they just make some general 'mix N match' outfits?  They would be so much fun, especially with the new CAM packs. 

Also, in line with more outfits, I would *love* to see a MH closet!   It could be skeleton-themed with bone-styled hangers.  And maybe a couple of drawers for shoes and accessories.  I'd love that too!!  <3

^THIS!

I would love to see more fashion packs! More neutral packs that could be worn by anyone would be like fantastic on a level of fantastic that has never been before. Accessory packs...SHOES! OMG! SHOES!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 16, 2012, 06:59:26 AM »
Oh god YES for more shoes and fashion packs. I do sew for MH but it would be sooooo nice to get clothes ready. And please please please more shoes!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 16, 2012, 07:05:43 AM »
I want more shoes, too. And classy ones, nothing cheesy.

Thank god for etsy sellers who make dresses. Otherwise I'd have lost interest ages ago.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 16, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »
I've been sort of paying attention to th trends of the guys

There was Deuce in a 2 pack, then Holt as a singular signature, then there was the cheap Jackson release and later a dancey Deuce
Then there was Clawd in a 2 pack, Gil as a cheapish release, a Dancy Clawd, and now a singular signature Jackson

While I once suspected Gil would debut in a 2 pack with Lagoona, I think we'll see a Slo-Mo and Ghoulia two-pack...unless they finally hook Heath up with someone (strangely enough, my personal preference would be Abbey)

unless its all random! There probably isn't a trend, though, line isn't even two years old yet.

Wow, that is really neat theory and it makes a lot of sense! And Ghoulia is the only one of the original main characters to not get a 2.0, so a double pack with her and Slo-Mo is very possible. Of course, I'd prefer a Gil/Lagoona set, since Lagoona is one of my faves (Operetta and Venus are super-close), and Gil is one of my favorite guys.

As far as Heath and Abbey go, I can totally see it. Aside from the scene you and wardah mentioned, there was a little flirtation between the two of them during Abbey's introductory arc in the webisodes. And it would give Mattel the opportunity to use a tagline like "Fire and Ice" :P

I'm always game for new fashion packs, but I don't know if we'll ever see just random packs that work for everyone. First of all, the characters are a variety of colors, so there are just some shades that just wouldn't work. But the line tends to have very specific styles and themes for each girl, and I don't foresee them changing that drastically anytime soon. Of course, anything is fair game when it comes to the CaMs, and I'd love to see fashion 3-packs for that line, similar to the 3-packs for the Fashionista line.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 16, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »

Amg! I NEED bone style hangers for my OWN closet! That's pretty much the coolest idea ever. Though if I start thinking about it, there's tons of my dollies items I'd like to have in real life...A cozy Ula coffin bed for me would be amaaaazing... anyway!

As you guys say, MH outfits tend to be veeery specifically themed, so much so that I don't often like to take them out of their (usually gorgeous to me) stock. If I do it has be into another outfit designed just for them. Like, my Draculaura doesn't look right without her pink, and none of my other ghouls look right stealin' it, you know? Not to say it doesn't work for other people's dolls. I've seen some gorgeous custom dresses and outfit remixes! I'm just a bit timid. Maybe if I had lots of outfit doubles...

I would however love to see packs of shoes! They have such wonderful shoes! As well as loose tights/socks/thigh-his. I think I'd be adventurous enough to add/change those, I just don't have many extra. XD More of their cute little jewelry would be nice too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal