collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162767 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1080 on: February 12, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
The more I see Ghoul's Rule Clawdeen, the more I wonder what the muffins is going on with her. Does she have...lavender hair? With leopard print shaved sides?!? And that outfit! Is she some kind of bird?! I just don't understand it! o_x

I love Venus, but I wish her outfit had more of a plant theme, like her awesome vine jewelry. What she has on is nice, but like Toralei it's just kinda plain. I want Uma Thurman in Batman and Robin! XP Super excited her pet is a baby Audrey II though. :D

Lovin' Robecca's details (goggles! over-skirt! incised skin!) but not her color scheme. I would have used electric blues or metallic browns, not both. I was hoping she'd be steampunk-inspired, so I'm at least partially pleased there.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 12, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »
The more I see Ghoul's Rule Clawdeen, the more I wonder what the muffins is going on with her. Does she have...lavender hair? With leopard print shaved sides?!? And that outfit! Is she some kind of bird?! I just don't understand it! o_x

I love Venus, but I wish her outfit had more of a plant theme, like her awesome vine jewelry. What she has on is nice, but like Toralei it's just kinda plain. I want Uma Thurman in Batman and Robin! XP Super excited her pet is a baby Audrey II though. :D

Lovin' Robecca's details (goggles! over-skirt! incised skin!) but not her color scheme. I would have used electric blues or metallic browns, not both. I was hoping she'd be steampunk-inspired, so I'm at least partially pleased there.

I LOVE me some Poison Ivy, especially Uma's version of her. Those hair cones...

Having said that, I was totally prepared for her to look different, mainly so parallels wouldn't be drawn. She's still different than what I imagined (and who'd have thought a playline doll by Mattel would have a punk-inspired half shave?) but I just love her. And if you look at her in the higher quality pics in those links, you can see she has pointy leaf ears, and vine/leaf imprints in her hands and wrists. Also, she has little venus flytrap fangs! Combined with her accessories , like the vine ankle-wraps, the earrings, bracelets and necklace, she looks pretty plant-girl to me. YMMV of course. Ooh, and a friend pointed out her heels have mouths at the toe! It's like she's wearing bright pink Audrey II shoes!

I was sort of hoping for a bronze doll (which I got, yay!) but with bronze hair as well, like old-fashioned robot illustrations. But I get why they used the blue- it pops against the bronze and she meshes better with the rest of the line. In the HQ photos, she has black underneath the blue, and without that wretched cell phone flash, the blue is more muted. I'm really digging her boots, and little half hoop skirt/corset piece. I cannot wait to find out what she's all about.

And now that we've gotten a second doll on the larger body, I'm curious to see if Rochelle (or whoever the third, unrevealed doll is) has Howleen's shorter body. I don't have a preference either way, just curious.

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1082 on: February 12, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
Hmm. I'm not completely sold on Venus yet. But I'm a big fan of green and pink so I'm probably going to have to have her! I don't like Robecca and the only rollerblading girl I MUST have is Operetta. Same goes for the Polka Dot party line, at least from the pictures we have now. Though Ghoulia's helmet is super adorable and Lagoona looks cute in both lines.

So many new things! I'm going to faint and fall over soon!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 12, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »

I LOVE me some Poison Ivy, especially Uma's version of her. Those hair cones...

Having said that, I was totally prepared for her to look different, mainly so parallels wouldn't be drawn. She's still different than what I imagined (and who'd have thought a playline doll by Mattel would have a punk-inspired half shave?) but I just love her. And if you look at her in the higher quality pics in those links, you can see she has pointy leaf ears, and vine/leaf imprints in her hands and wrists. Also, she has little venus flytrap fangs! Combined with her accessories , like the vine ankle-wraps, the earrings, bracelets and necklace, she looks pretty plant-girl to me. YMMV of course. Ooh, and a friend pointed out her heels have mouths at the toe! It's like she's wearing bright pink Audrey II shoes!

I was sort of hoping for a bronze doll (which I got, yay!) but with bronze hair as well, like old-fashioned robot illustrations. But I get why they used the blue- it pops against the bronze and she meshes better with the rest of the line. In the HQ photos, she has black underneath the blue, and without that wretched cell phone flash, the blue is more muted. I'm really digging her boots, and little half hoop skirt/corset piece. I cannot wait to find out what she's all about.

And now that we've gotten a second doll on the larger body, I'm curious to see if Rochelle (or whoever the third, unrevealed doll is) has Howleen's shorter body. I don't have a preference either way, just curious.

I love the hair cones! I'm actually happy with Venus' hair though, her colors compliment each other nicely. I don't even mind the side-shave, it gives her a different silhouette from the other ghouls. It's all about Uma's big orchid dresssss! :D But you're right, they couldn't just copy Poison Ivy I suppose. Pout. Maybe I'll get my flower-dress rocking plant monster girl in a dance line, sometime.

My thoughts as to why they didn't continue the bronze theme with Robecca's hair is they already have a brunette girl in Clawdeen, and it would be too similar in color. The blue just clashes with the browns to me though. At any rate, I'm sure she'll grow on me.

They both have awesome details (some I didn't notice!) as you point out. Now I can't wait to see Rochelle! The placeholder is making me hope she has wiiiings~! I ADORE gargoyles, in any case.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 13, 2012, 12:07:41 AM »
Are one of the two (Robecca or Venus) being released as the same height as Nefera??? I thought they were the same height as the regular ghouls. I hope they're the same height as the other Ghouls.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

AllIsLove

« Reply #1085 on: February 13, 2012, 12:16:34 AM »
HERE. TAKE ALL MY MONEY! TAKE IT! :DDDDDD
Ditto. So much for 'taking a short break from collecting'... *Mwa ha ha ha ha!* I'll say one thing though - Jackson has a creepy expression. If I wasn't trying to collect signature characters in their on-screen clothes, I'd probably skip him. Everything else looks pretty darn awesome!

Post Merge: February 13, 2012, 12:21:51 AM

Random question time - does anyone know if the CAM body parts can be dyed?

Also, I know there are a few people making torso molds - is anyone making spare wolf ears?

Going off of what I've read, the bodies can be dyed, but painting is recommended. The bodies don't take dye as easily, and they can "bleed" later on. I haven't attempted dyeing myself, but I know a bunch of people on the LJ have discussed it.
Thanks so much for the info! (Sorry for the late reply.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:21:51 AM by AllIsLove »

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 13, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »
Are one of the two (Robecca or Venus) being released as the same height as Nefera??? I thought they were the same height as the regular ghouls. I hope they're the same height as the other Ghouls.

In the photos, Cleo is in between Nefera and Robecca. She looks shorter than Robecca. So I'm assuming Nefera and Miss Steam share the same taller torso.

HERE. TAKE ALL MY MONEY! TAKE IT! :DDDDDD
Ditto. So much for 'taking a short break from collecting'... *Mwa ha ha ha ha!* I'll say one thing though - Jackson has a creepy expression. If I wasn't trying to collect signature characters in their on-screen clothes, I'd probably skip him. Everything else looks pretty darn awesome!

Post Merge: February 13, 2012, 12:21:51 AM

Random question time - does anyone know if the CAM body parts can be dyed?

Also, I know there are a few people making torso molds - is anyone making spare wolf ears?

Going off of what I've read, the bodies can be dyed, but painting is recommended. The bodies don't take dye as easily, and they can "bleed" later on. I haven't attempted dyeing myself, but I know a bunch of people on the LJ have discussed it.
Thanks so much for the info! (Sorry for the late reply.)

You're very welcome :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 13, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »
In the photos, Cleo is in between Nefera and Robecca. She looks shorter than Robecca. So I'm assuming Nefera and Miss Steam share the same taller torso.
My assumption was that Cleo was behind Nefera and Robecca. Like a front row and a back row, because from what I see in the pictures, Deuce is behind Nefera, possibly next to Cleo. From the position and the camera angle, that might be whats giving the taller look. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 13, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »
Freaky Fab 13 has launched on the official MH website. http://www.freakyfab13.com/. HQ official pics and bios of Venus, Robecca and Jackson. And the reveal of the fourth doll, Rochelle Goyle, Daughter of the Gargoyles. I really like her design, and the color combo- although I'm not sure if I like her hairstyle. But she has WINGS!

My assumption was that Cleo was behind Nefera and Robecca. Like a front row and a back row, because from what I see in the pictures, Deuce is behind Nefera, possibly next to Cleo. From the position and the camera angle, that might be whats giving the taller look. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

And I could be wrong as well. Robecca just seems similar in height and build to Nefera. However, some people were mentioning that Venus looked taller than Toralei, and I think it's the boots. I get the same effect when I put Abbey or 2.0 Clawdeen next to another girl- they tower because of the boot heel. And Robecca is wearing boots, so that may be the case there as well.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 13, 2012, 01:15:23 AM »
I am loving on Venus something fierce! Her colors remind me of Poison Ivy from Batman, so that makes her an instant must have for me! And I am loving on Robecca more than I thought I would, the whole steampunk vibe she throws off make me adore her. But the biggest thing I am excited for is signature Jackson! :biggrin: FINALLY! He gets a signature release and I could not be happier...well, unless they came out with Slo-Mo or Hoo-Dude! Hopefully Gil will get a signature release soon as well....I can hope at least.

I am not feeling the Roller Maze line so much, they just look....I don't even know how to describe it. They just don't appeal to me, for which my wallet is truly happy. Though it sobs in despair at seeing the Halloween girls and Dot Dead Gorgeous girls because they will be insta must haves as well!

On a side note has anyone seen the second wave DotD dolls in stores? I would be truly grateful if you could snag them for me, well except Cleo. I have been searching for them like mad since they were released and have not seen them even once.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 13, 2012, 01:30:14 AM »
And I could be wrong as well. Robecca just seems similar in height and build to Nefera. However, some people were mentioning that Venus looked taller than Toralei, and I think it's the boots. I get the same effect when I put Abbey or 2.0 Clawdeen next to another girl- they tower because of the boot heel. And Robecca is wearing boots, so that may be the case there as well.
We'll just have to wait and see till their released! ^^ Really liking their Bios, esp Venus's. Actually starting to like them and I can't decide which is my favorite yet. lol

As for the DotD dolls, I've only seen wave 1 and never anything after that. which is kinda sad. Only saw Frankie, Cleo and Clawdeen and that was about it.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 13, 2012, 01:32:19 AM »
I LOVE Venus....just added to the must have list if and when she hits stores this side of the pond!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

EmoKuu

« Reply #1092 on: February 13, 2012, 01:54:52 AM »
I thought about it a little and realized that at minimum I would be getting two Halloween dolls, Venus, Rochelle and 1-2 of the rollerblade/Polka Dot girls (the picture of Lagoona is horrible, but from what I can see she looks pretty hot. I think I just want Operetta's dress though and Spectra is pretty meh) and with my Operetta arriving at one point I'll have close to 20 dolls. Omg. And I'm a fairly casual collector. D: Where am I going to put all of these beauties! And I don't even own Abbey (who is beginning to be a must with her awesome personality) yet!

Have any of our completionist collectors taken recent pictures of their collections, by the way? I'm dying to see all the dolls in one place!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:41:26 AM by EmoKuu »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1093 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:57 AM »
Ooooh I'm not crazy about her face mold (although I think it suits her, so maybe it'll grow on me), but otherwise I LOVE Rochelle! And I've changed my mind about the Halloween Clawdeen. She. Is. Awesome. Her outfit is atrocious though, so I'm gonna have to start looking for something else to put her in.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:34:50 AM by WickedWonderland »

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 13, 2012, 03:06:56 AM »
Gief me the dolls and nobody gets hurt! ;)

Wow, Robecca, Venus, Dot Gorgeous, Rollerskates....MINE MINE MINE!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal