collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162954 times)

Tagi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1065 on: February 12, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
Sweetness.

Venus will be fun to dress up...although I'm not sold on her hair. Is one half bald? Or is it just pulled back?

I have read it will be flocked like Clawds, to make one half shaved in a punk hair style.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07:10 PM »
Interesting. I sort of hate the idea of that, but oh we'll! Maybe I'll have to get one partially rehaired....hehe

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1067 on: February 12, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
OMG WOW!
Totally LOVE Venus!
Look at them All!
Wowee Woweee WOW!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 12, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »
OMG!!!!! They look so freaky fab!! Esp the Roller derby and Venus. Robecca is kind of a meh. Was expecting more gears and bolts kinda look but she looks like she's put on a little too much bronzer but YAY New dance line and this time with Spectra. I hope they come with iCoffins again in this set.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
Dot dead gorgeous Lagoona is beautiful! And I am loooving Venus. Finally, something for me to be excited about.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 12, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
HERE. TAKE ALL MY MONEY! TAKE IT! :DDDDDD

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1071 on: February 12, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »
Ooh I'm loving Venus, Robecca's outfit (not quite sold on the doll yet), Ghoulia's roller derby dress, and it looks like Roller Derby Operetta has all black hair (or is that just her helmet?)! Must have!

The polka dot dolls look very meh. Operetta's dress and Lagoona's hair look like they might be nice, but hopefully this will be a line I can pass up.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:56:05 PM by WickedWonderland »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 12, 2012, 09:17:14 PM »
I am soooo in love with Venus right now. Aside from wanting a plant-girl since I first discovered this line (back when we were still on the original MH thread!!), I just adore her design and color scheme. Yes, I could do with a little more "plant" than "girl", but she does not disappoint. Especially loving her hair, her pointy ears, her vest and her shoes. oh, and her pet! I'm obsessed with venus flytraps! I honestly don't know how I'll survive the wait.

Robecca is disappointing. Unless there's detailing we can't make out (and some of us think we see something), I'm just not seeing "robot". She's pretty, and I love her hair and skin, but she doesn't seem to have that MH "edge" I've come to expect. However, after much eye-strain, I believe her pet is a chicken. A robot chicken. I will be ecstatic if I'm right.

Dot Dead Gorgeous Lagoona and Operetta are catching my eye, but I need to see better pics of Spectra. Right now, I see a bad '80s skirt and top. And her eyes seem off. I do like the side pony.

Jackson looks great, and I'm glad to finally be getting a signature version of him. He's never crackled for me, like Deuce and Gil, but we'll finally get non-beach wear for him. And I really look forward to his diary.

Now the Roller Maze line. You all know that this boy buys every MH doll. But the first thought that crossed my mind  was "this is skippable". I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. After repeat viewings, I've found things I don't hate, like 'Goona's fin helmet and green eye shadow and, Frankie's acid green lips. And as tired as I am of Ghoulia dolls, I'll be happy if she actually has the yellow streaks like her box art. But overall, not impressed and very happy it's a basics line, like DT and GB. I won't feel as bad buying dolls I'm not loving when they're under $15.

I'm really hoping that tomorrow's "MH 13th" on the FB has official photos of some of this new stuff, particularly Venus and Robecca.

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 12, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »
Not sure if anyone has posted this but here is a video of the new stuff

http://youtu.be/S5fVRibIQ5I

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 12, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »

Ok, the guy who originally posted the info about "Ghouls Rule" and the HQ shots of the Halloween dolls has posted pics of the three new signature dolls-

Venus: [size=78%]http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/6867690789/in/set-72157629296665349/[/size]

Robecca:[size=78%]http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/6867690789/in/set-72157629296665349/[/size]

Jackson:[size=78%]http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/6867690253/in/set-72157629296665349/[/size]

And in between Venus and Robecca is a "mystery girl" silhouette. The the general consensus  is that it's Rochelle Goyle. Hopefully we find out soon!

Of mention, is that Robecca does seem to have some sort of imprinting on her skin, making her look more like a metal construct. And Venus has little fangs. Both dolls really pop here, and even though detail is still a bit limited, you can really see their coloring and features.

Tagi

« Reply #1075 on: February 12, 2012, 10:15:01 PM »
That looks more construct-y! Her outfit is still a steam-punk miss but I do like her better after seeing those pictures.

Edit to add: The close up of Clawdeen's outfit hasn't got me liking it any more though LOL
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:17:12 PM by Tagi »

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 12, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

P.S. Has anyone seen Clawd 1600 in stores? I'm desperately looking for one, but I can't find him anywhere. If anyone can help me get him, I'd greatly appreciate it!

He's up on the Mattel shop right now.

I love Venus and Robecca, though I'm not crazy about Venus's hairstyle.  I may have to rehair that bit.  But that green!!  I"m loving it.  And steampunk MH?  So awesome.   I'm a bit disappointed with the roller derby dolls though, it just wasn't quite what I was expecting.  Maybe once I see them in person, I'll like them more. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:30:58 PM by bewilderness »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 12, 2012, 10:19:59 PM »
I kinda was expecting metal plates like scraps of panels put together with mis-colored panels. While she wasn't what I expected, I'll still be getting her. Need some brown and blue mixed in with my collection. XP

Btw, I took this from the MH Wikia, but does anyone know what this could be about?
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 12, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »
I kinda was expecting metal plates like scraps of panels put together with mis-colored panels. While she wasn't what I expected, I'll still be getting her. Need some brown and blue mixed in with my collection. XP

Btw, I took this from the MH Wikia, but does anyone know what this could be about?

Melody Carver is the main character in the MH novels. As of this moment, she is exclusive to the novel- and without some major tweaking, I don't think we'll see her in the line. The novels have a very different universe and continuity from the diaries and the webisodes. However, she's very popular with a large portion of the readers, so anything is possible.

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1079 on: February 12, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
I think I love Venus, I love green, I love some pink and I love bright colours! :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal