collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162767 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1050 on: February 12, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »
Quote from: tuneful87
It might not be a reliable source. Someone posted yesterday (2/11) that they'd read Arachne's being produced. Who knows? There was no link to an official source. I think the forum was Specktra...

A trademark has been filed for a character named Threaderella. Apparently, it's the same person who does the MH trademark filing and she's listed as a doll. We don't know for a fact that it's actually AJ, but based on collector reaction to the prototype shown, and that it seems like a very weaver/spider kind of names, it's most likely her. Of course it's a rather stupid and "un-MH" kind of name, but it could always be a working name. It's not unusual for a company to trademark a name they might use, and then not use it.

If I had to guess on the anticipated release time of the Halloween dolls, I'd imagine we'll start to see them about a month or so before Halloween. They're meant to tie into a feature length film, so I imagine Mattel won't allow retailers to place early orders- but they'll want them trickling into stores before the film comes out.

Yeah, totally corny name. I will be referring to her as Arachne! Or even Blackaracnia, a homage to Black Widows and the Beast Wars Transformer!

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1051 on: February 12, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »
To my monster high photographers.
There's a user creating collages out of our photos on deviantArt. If you're concerned that your work is being used, please see my journal for more information and links to the artist and their work: http://knibitz.deviantart.com/journal/

Funny how Right away I was like "Hey look, there's pickelpud's" and found 4 maybe more of his. lol
Spectra actually looks good in Clawdeen's club outfit set.

The artist took all the works down. I plan to keep an eye on her to see if any more goes up, but apparently someone talked to her and she didn't realize that what she was doing was wrong. Which is usually the result in situations like these.
[size=78%]Thanks to everyone for pointing out pickle for me![/size] XD [size=78%] [/size][size=78%]I can't believe I didn't recognize some of their stuff![/size]

In other news. I picked up 2nd ed signature cleo today... and mine has this random plug of brown hair in the back of her head.. is that normal o_0 It's just a single plug, that's it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:52:48 PM by Knibitz »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 12, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
That's really weird about Cleo!

P.S. Has anyone seen Clawd 1600 in stores? I'm desperately looking for one, but I can't find him anywhere. If anyone can help me get him, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Knibitz

« Reply #1053 on: February 12, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
I haven't seen clawd anywhere recently :( but I have seen him.
I saw clawdeen today though.

And about cleo, turns out she has more brown streaks in her hair XD they started standing out as I de-tinsled her :B
Trying to decide if I want to make her a repaint or not.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 12, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
Bloodgood should come with the school.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1055 on: February 12, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Bloodgood should come with the school.
For the price entertainmentearth.com is quoting I totally Agree with you.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 12, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
I haven't seen clawd anywhere recently :( but I have seen him.
I saw clawdeen today though.

And about cleo, turns out she has more brown streaks in her hair XD they started standing out as I de-tinsled her :B
Trying to decide if I want to make her a repaint or not.

2.0 Cleo is the only one I've entirely de-tinseled. I just love the smokey teal against the black and subtle mahogany, and I felt the tinsel just distracted from it.

P.S. Has anyone seen Clawd 1600 in stores? I'm desperately looking for one, but I can't find him anywhere. If anyone can help me get him, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for him. I've know I've seen him a few times since I picked up mine.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 12, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
I watched the special last night and I have to say that I am sorely unimpressed. Lala just seemed so out of character and got on my nerves, especially for how she treated Clawd. Girl fought so hard to get him then she is going to treat him like that? Pffft....giiirl please! And the animation, good lord what a train wreck that was! All I could think of the entire time was Bratz because I swear the same animators did those movies too.

And can someone please explain to me why only Frankie, Lala, Clawd, and Clawdeen were dressed up for the party?! I just....I mean seriously?!

She was under a spell x3
I asked myself the same question about the outfits. My conclusion was that maybe at the time the special was being animated they hadn't decided about the Sweet 1600 outfits for said characters? So the animators just gave them the normal outfits. =/

I get she was under a spell, but I meant before that. He was trying to be thoughtful and all she did was whine. It just got on my nerves, but when she was under a spell...well, I didn't mind then for obvious reasons.

Well you could say the same for the special with the Dawn of the Dance because before that special the only dolls in those outfits were Frankie, Cleo, and Clawdeen. Yet in the special all the Ghouls had a unique outfit for the occasion so I don't buy the excuse that they had not planned to release more...this is Mattel after all. xD

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »

there were 2 at my target today... I would have picked him up for you if I had known!  I'll look for him the next time I go.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 12, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
Thank you guys so much for keeping a lookout! God, I love the MLP community!

I was getting bored with my girls, so I spent the night redressing them. Spectra in Abbey's swimsuit, DT Frankie in Ghoulia's Dotd dress, and Dotd Ghoulia in a gorgeous black gown are the highlights!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 12, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
I watched the special last night and I have to say that I am sorely unimpressed. Lala just seemed so out of character and got on my nerves, especially for how she treated Clawd. Girl fought so hard to get him then she is going to treat him like that? Pffft....giiirl please! And the animation, good lord what a train wreck that was! All I could think of the entire time was Bratz because I swear the same animators did those movies too.

And can someone please explain to me why only Frankie, Lala, Clawd, and Clawdeen were dressed up for the party?! I just....I mean seriously?!

She was under a spell x3
I asked myself the same question about the outfits. My conclusion was that maybe at the time the special was being animated they hadn't decided about the Sweet 1600 outfits for said characters? So the animators just gave them the normal outfits. =/

I get she was under a spell, but I meant before that. He was trying to be thoughtful and all she did was whine. It just got on my nerves, but when she was under a spell...well, I didn't mind then for obvious reasons.

Well you could say the same for the special with the Dawn of the Dance because before that special the only dolls in those outfits were Frankie, Cleo, and Clawdeen. Yet in the special all the Ghouls had a unique outfit for the occasion so I don't buy the excuse that they had not planned to release more...this is Mattel after all. xD

It could be that that Sweet 1600 pic contained art for more than one line. The Ghouls Rule Cleo looks a lot like the one in the Sweet 1600 pic and we still don't know what Lagoona and Ghoulia will be wearing in that special. It could be they decided to use the outfits in the next special instead of this one and don't want to use them before it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

MissSleepless

« Reply #1061 on: February 12, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
So...I haven't seen these posted yet. But there a re a couple of photos on TheMonsterHighDolls on Tumblr...

http://themonsterhighdolls.tumblr.com/post/17525040421/new-dolls-squeeeee-robecca-venus-jackson-dot

http://deadfast.tumblr.com/post/17525218305/image-ghoulia-frankie-lagoona-and-operetta

I've just put the posts so the images don't lose credit....can anyone confirm these? Because they look pretty legit...

And, and, and...I'm excited...

Offline ponymonster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 12, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
So...I haven't seen these posted yet. But there a re a couple of photos on TheMonsterHighDolls on Tumblr...

http://themonsterhighdolls.tumblr.com/post/17525040421/new-dolls-squeeeee-robecca-venus-jackson-dot

http://deadfast.tumblr.com/post/17525218305/image-ghoulia-frankie-lagoona-and-operetta

I've just put the posts so the images don't lose credit....can anyone confirm these? Because they look pretty legit...

And, and, and...I'm excited...

Between this and the new ponies, I think I'm actually going to have a heart attack  :drunk:

Tagi

« Reply #1063 on: February 12, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
Robecca looks more like a Steam Punk human rather than a brass construct, and Venus just looks like a generic green monster in punk attire.

Of course I will have both, but they seem a bit lacking to me personally.

Loving Jackson and the derby line though. Operetta derby doll can not get to me faster, and I love Ghoulia's brain cap. Dunno what to say about the dot party - Seems a bit out of left field, need to see some better pictures of those.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 12, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Sweetness.

Venus will be fun to dress up...although I'm not sold on her hair. Is one half bald? Or is it just pulled back?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal