collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162785 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #840 on: February 06, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
Did'nt Cupid came with a diary? I did'nt get one with mine :O but I can swear I've read her diary online somewhere :S

Nope, no diary for her. Technically, she's part of the 1600 line; only the signature lines come with diaries. She does have a card that lists the type of stuff usually found at the back of the diaries, such as monster heritage, likes/dislikes etc. And the back of her box has a bit of info on her as well. Maybe that's what you were thinking of? Anyway, she's pretty bare-bones compared to the other 1600 dolls. No gift for Lala, and no brush.

Speaking of Lala, I finally broke down last week and purchased the DotD 3-pack off of Ebay. I justified it because it looks like it's no longer being sold in stores. And the auction I chose had a low starting bid. Granted, I payed almost as much as some of the other auctions on Ebay at the end of it all, but I felt better supporting someone who didn't seem as scalp-y. And when the set arrived today, I found all three had pretty much perfect faces. So I'm guessing the seller is probably a collector herself. Now all I need is SS Lala and I'm caught up until the two double pack exclusives become available.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 06, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
Nope, no diary for her. Technically, she's part of the 1600 line; only the signature lines come with diaries. She does have a card that lists the type of stuff usually found at the back of the diaries, such as monster heritage, likes/dislikes etc. And the back of her box has a bit of info on her as well. Maybe that's what you were thinking of? Anyway, she's pretty bare-bones compared to the other 1600 dolls. No gift for Lala, and no brush.

Speaking of Lala, I finally broke down last week and purchased the DotD 3-pack off of Ebay. I justified it because it looks like it's no longer being sold in stores. And the auction I chose had a low starting bid. Granted, I payed almost as much as some of the other auctions on Ebay at the end of it all, but I felt better supporting someone who didn't seem as scalp-y. And when the set arrived today, I found all three had pretty much perfect faces. So I'm guessing the seller is probably a collector herself. Now all I need is SS Lala and I'm caught up until the two double pack exclusives become available.

What a shame T__T And you are so right! She does come off bare! No pet, no gift, no brush and no diary :S Her euro box have about...no info about her. So sad, she's such a pretty doll.

An congrats on the 3-pack! :D
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #842 on: February 06, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
OMG Knibitz that is AWWWEEEESSSOOMMMMEEE! totally thought Grudge/Ring when i saw it :heart:

SweetScoops --- I didn't get a diary or brush with my Cupid ....as far as I know she isn't supposed to. the diary is not so odd, but no brush? I found that odd.

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 06, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »
What a shame T__T And you are so right! She does come off bare! No pet, no gift, no brush and no diary :S Her euro box have about...no info about her. So sad, she's such a pretty doll.

An congrats on the 3-pack! :D

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. I was rather upset when I found out that they had disappeared from shelves.

I'm not too fussed about Cupid's "bare bones". The Walmart exclusives seem to come with less than the other exclusives, and with her being a one-shot character and part of a non-signature line, it makes sense. I'd love a diary and pet, but oh well. And I have tons of brushes I never use lol. I'm more upset DotD Lala doesn't come with an iCoffin!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 06, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
SweetScoops - I love those pink shoes in your signature!  Which doll or set are they from?

picklepud

« Reply #845 on: February 06, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »
SweetScoops - I love those pink shoes in your signature!  Which doll or set are they from?

The are from 2.0 (Schools Out) Lagoona

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 06, 2012, 05:58:17 PM »
Thanks for the info picklepud!

By the way, were you able to get anything done through eBay about the stolen pic of yours?

Offline TheFuzz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #847 on: February 06, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »
My roommate was shopping earlier today, and swung by the toy section just to quick check, she told me there were 2 Neferas! Even though we really don't have the money for it, we took this as incentive to go toy hunting. I got one of the Neferas at Target, and SS Goulia at Walmart (there were Sweet 1600 dolls sans Frankie stocked at both stores, and Cleo's vanity at Walmart). We saw the price posted for Cupid, and asked if they had any more coming in, the guy who checked for us said it was weird that they didn't.

Other than my lucky finds, stock is terrible. Lots of bare shelves, and the endcap at Walmart is half empty, half filled with non-MH merch.

Funny that I'd find a Wave 3 doll before Spectra or Abbey...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blitzn

« Reply #848 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
My cupid came with a diary.

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 06, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »

She came with a full book diary? Or do you mean the stats card? This is the first I've heard of it. Would you mind posting pics or a link?

picklepud

« Reply #850 on: February 06, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Thanks for the info picklepud!

By the way, were you able to get anything done through eBay about the stolen pic of yours?

All I did was report them

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #851 on: February 06, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »

She came with a full book diary? Or do you mean the stats card? This is the first I've heard of it. Would you mind posting pics or a link?

yes! i would love to see pics

Blitzn

« Reply #852 on: February 06, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
doh NM remembered wrong(mixed up w/ nefera). sorry >_<

creampuf

« Reply #853 on: February 07, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »
Swung by the two Targets and the TRU after the doctor's today - 1600 and Skull Shores everywhere! I guess the scalpers were all buying the Jason Wu stuff instead. Picked up Gil and the basketball outfit - going to take some couples pictures with Lagoona and Lala sometime soon.

So if there's a new fad in dolls (which I have no clue who Jason Wu is) maybe we'll get a little break and can finally find stuff again.

Hey I can HOPE! right?

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 07, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
Knibitz, your custom Ghoulia is so precious! So creepy, yet still adorable. Perfectly MH.

I'm jealous of you guys finding deals at Kmart.com, they never have anything in stock when I check. Of course, that's normal for all the online retailers right now, except sometimes TRU with their inflated prices, haha. I can't complain though, I have had really good luck pouncing on the hard-to-find basics from Amazon for retail. :D You just have to check the page all the time, and buy immediately if you catch them with stock.

They seem to have decided to sell Skull Shores for $19 though, which makes me sad. That's as much as a Basic or a Classroom doll, and those ghouls come with tons of accessories in a full-size box. I'd prefer not to pay that much for a beach doll. (Though I totally would for Gil or SS Frankie, as they're much more special and appealing than the others, but still on the hunt for them!)

In positive news, Mattel's online shop has both Cleo's Vanity and Draculaura's Sweet 1600 Roadster in stock! They have the best prices on these playset items in my experience, and nice quick shipping. The vanity is only $21 - compared to TRU's $35 (!) or so! So tempted to get them myself, but I don't even really have space for all my dolls. And I'm certainly not going to stop buying them. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal