collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162874 times)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #570 on: January 28, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »
watch out with the stand... I posted about my conversation with a mattel rep - they said they don't make the stands, so they can't replace them.  maybe with the broken piece, they'll just send you a new doll, though!

I'd be crushed if so much had been wrong with my doll :(
looking into a re-branding.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2012, 07:10:33 AM »
watch out with the stand... I posted about my conversation with a mattel rep - they said they don't make the stands, so they can't replace them.  maybe with the broken piece, they'll just send you a new doll, though!

I'd be crushed if so much had been wrong with my doll :(

I had planned on calling them about her penical being broken the stand part doesn't bother me to much has I do have a stand from the CAM set I can use for her.

Her face was flawless though. And i was to excited to finally have found her to inspect her like I would normally.

ETA-I'll have to get in touch with someone on Monday as they don't work on the weekends.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:14:17 AM by SwordPony »

ashville

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
Femora T'bone

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your skeleton girl looks gorgeous Picklepud! Love what you did with her hair!! :lovey:

Post Merge: January 28, 2012, 08:48:09 AM

My area has been so slow on getting ANYTHING. D; So who knows! LOL

All the best in finding them! I'm sure they'll pop up eventually though! *crosses fingers*
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:48:09 AM by ashville »

Dibbles

« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
I actually like the second edition Abbey better, assuming that that's the one on the right in Ravie's photos. She looks a lot nicer. Granted, if I found either in a retail setting I would pick her up.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2012, 11:10:47 AM »
I emailed Mattel about two of our stands and they do say that that they don't have replacement parts for them but they are giving me a voucher for any Mattel or Fisher price product.

Makes me think we should find out what company make the stands and email them......this what happened with my daughter's MH MP3 player.....Mattel gave me Sakar's ph # and after talking with them, they said they send a replacement but after 2 months, I decided to email them and they got back to me and the replacement is being sent!

I found my Operetta the other day at Target. I was taking her penical lose to wash her hair out and it was broken. I also went to get her stand out of her box and she didn't have the long piece that goes into the bottom part.

Offline EmBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »
Target in Hoover, AL had Nefera, Operetta, and Toralei.  STILL no sign of Abbey or Spectra anywhere though... ugh!!!!

-Em

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
Someone help me, I can't decide if I like Toralei or not! I think she's pretty, and her clothes are killer, she's just so...ORANGE. Will she look better out of the box? The orange might not be so bad out in the open, instead of on a red and black background.

SuniMoon

« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
Today Target had Toralei, Operetta, and Nefera. :)

I picked up Nefera, and she's gorgeous, but I'm having a little buyers remorse, honestly. :/
She's awesome, I just dunno if I reeeaally like her... But seeing Operetta in stores disappointed me a little. Her hair is just as crushed as I'd imagined. ):

ANYWAY... I also got Toralei, and changed my mind about her the minute I got her.. She's looovely!

Hey...I'm in your neck of the woods! Have you seen the Abby with the snow boots? Or Spectra? Whenever I check TRU or my local targets they are very poorly stocked! :(
Ohhh, I haven't seen Abby or Spectra for months. ):
At one point, way back, I saw like two Abby's at Toys R Us, and two Spectras... Nothing since. ):

I've been spotting Skull Shores Abby, found her at the Everett Kmart, but no sightings of signature Abby.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
I think the person who said they didn't make the stands just meant they don't make extra stands like they make extra arms.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Novavelle

« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
Someone help me, I can't decide if I like Toralei or not! I think she's pretty, and her clothes are killer, she's just so...ORANGE. Will she look better out of the box? The orange might not be so bad out in the open, instead of on a red and black background.

that's the best reason to like her, because she's ORANGE! and I've opened one for a member here, and she really is lovely (mines still int he box and I like her just the same)

Post Merge: January 28, 2012, 12:02:18 PM

I think the person who said they didn't make the stands just meant they don't make extra stands like they make extra arms.

I thought it meant that they don't make them they get them from somewhere else... but who knows :P

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 28, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »

when I asked why they sold spare limbs and hands, but not stands, I was told that it was because they didn't actually make the stands (implying they make the dolls, but they get someone else to make the stands for them).
looking into a re-branding.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:40 PM »
Just posted a thread with some new pics. Here are teasers ;)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #582 on: January 28, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
I actually like the second edition Abbey better, assuming that that's the one on the right in Ravie's photos. She looks a lot nicer. Granted, if I found either in a retail setting I would pick her up.

the 2nd Edition is on the left, the one with the jacked up legwarmers. Other than that, she's not 'bad' i just prefer the first one.

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 28, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
Anyone have an extra Holt (complete) for sale or can pick one up for me? He's the only signature doll I didn't end up getting when I had the chance.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 28, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »

For the Abbey comparison, are her Leg warmers supposed to be uneven? or was that a minor defect?

Today Target had Toralei, Operetta, and Nefera.

I picked up Nefera, and she's gorgeous, but I'm having a little buyers remorse, honestly. :/
She's awesome, I just dunno if I reeeaally like her... But seeing Operetta in stores disappointed me a little. Her hair is just as crushed as I'd imagined. ):

ANYWAY... I also got Toralei, and changed my mind about her the minute I got her.. She's looovely!

Hey...I'm in your neck of the woods! Have you seen the Abby with the snow boots? Or Spectra? Whenever I check TRU or my local targets they are very poorly stocked!
Ohhh, I haven't seen Abby or Spectra for months. ):
At one point, way back, I saw like two Abby's at Toys R Us, and two Spectras... Nothing since. ):

I've been spotting Skull Shores Abby, found her at the Everett Kmart, but no sightings of signature Abby.

I've only seen Signature Abbey, twice. One time in the Bellevue TRU (Her box was crushed, like someone had sat on it or something), and another time at the Renton Fred Meyer a little before Christmas. (Was shopping for groceries and didn't have extra money at the time and I'm still kicking myself over it.)

Whats not to like about Toralei? Her orange is what mixes with the rainbow of Ghouls of Monster High, her hairstyle is great, her face is amazing and She'll be able to hang out with Meowlody and Purrsephone once they're released. lol
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal