collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162881 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
Quote from: Ravie
Thanks about the Dragon. She's still in the rough stages of development despite the rooting.

As for the Classroom dolls, yeah, I agree we're more likely to see the Lala than not.

Also, I'm pretty sure his least/favorite class wasn't always called 'Culinary Arts', they've changed it. Maybe that's a good sign if my memoy isn't being spazzy, they've seperated it even more from Home Ick.

I don't remember what the bio used to say... although I'm positive they change them sometimes. I know Abbey's was changed. It used to just have the bit about "puncturing the feelings here down below' But now it starts with her stating she lacks tact and finishes with "I am not wishing to fill others with sadness, but sometimes I do". Probably to make clear that she doesn't mean to be rude, just that it comes out that way. So I'd believe that they change the bios  to suit their needs.

I look forward to seeing the final product when you're done with the dragon :) I really love the purple you added to the green- it ties in nicely with her lips.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »
IMHO: I don't think Hoo-dude would make a good regular doll but a non big headed rag doll would be so full of win!

I agree. I'd like to see him as either a stand-alone plush or just an accessory for a new Frankie doll.

I'd be fine with him as a doll-sized plush. I think he would be icky as a regular doll IMO. But the boys I really want to see are Heath and Slow-Mo.

What I would also LOVE to see is something like the Classroom dolls, but with the guys. And have it include a letterman's jacket for them. I can totally see Deuce in a Home Ick outfit, but with a focus on the cooking as opposed to Frankie's focus on sewing.
Heath seems more likely to be cooking being a natural heat source and all. Duece could be music or some art/sculpting class?

The more boy dolls they make the better. Less for me to buy. lol. I do think Heath should get a doll though. I think he has even more lines in the show than Deuce.

I was going off his interest in the culinary arts stated in his bio and his diary :) I see Heath being more of the male version of Mad Science Lagoona. And if I remember correctly, that was class that he opened up the box in and got trapped, according to... Lagoona's second diary? Must re-read.

I love boy dolls, and the boys in this franchise especially. I get the reasoning behind not releasing a ton of them at once, but I'd like to see them appear with a bit more frequency. Heath is an especial want of mine, because I love his skin and hair combo. Plus, he's such a part of the main character's little world. He really does seem to appear more frequently than Deuce or even some of the newer characters. Since they recently listed his monster heritage during the last Friday 13th (fire elemental), I'm hoping he'll be produced soon.
Oh, that makes sense then. I've never read any of the diaries or the boys' bios.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:19:17 PM by WickedWonderland »

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
OMG. I got my replacement Nefera today from Mattel. I was super careful with her and carefully peeled off her top... then carefully removed her arm. The peg wouldn't budge (I only touched it gently and examined the plastic around the mechanism) so I figured I'd just put her arm back on and leave it and never try to move it again. Well, the problem is... I took her hand off too. So, I went to put her hand back in and the peg for her forearm BROKE. AGAIN. OMG. There is no way that Mattel will send another replacement I'm sure. I don't know what I'm going to do. :( Two damaged Nefera's... same peg, same arm.

Terrible, terrible luck. For any of you that open Nefera, be EXTRA careful. I mean I barely touched the thing and it snapped again. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
my nefera's arm is very difficult to move... I'll keep the delicate parts in mind.  :(
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
That doesn't sound like bad luck - sounds like a manufacturing defect. I'd try Mattel again, but mention that you'd understand if they didn't want to send you another replacement, but that you wanted them to be aware of the issue.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »
I'm thinking about getting some LIV dolls wigs for my daughter's CAM sets.....did I read on the old Arena that these wigs fit MH? If so, do they fit onto the head like the MH wigs? (that they have the plastic piece that fits in the hole in the head)?

Liv wigs fit them wonderfully! They do have the plastic peg, it just takes a little elbow grease! :D

Thanks for letting me know!

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2012, 04:51:20 PM »
That doesn't sound like bad luck - sounds like a manufacturing defect. I'd try Mattel again, but mention that you'd understand if they didn't want to send you another replacement, but that you wanted them to be aware of the issue.

I will give them a call tomorrow definitely. *sigh* I hope that there is another batch without this flaw eventually. I want a Nefera I can actually move the arms on without worrying about them snapping!

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2012, 04:54:44 PM »
Err if these manufacturing defects are occuring, I'm a little concerned for previous and future dolls I buy. Esp. when they're still MIB and I have no clue weather their safe or not from snapping off. @,@;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
Err if these manufacturing defects are occuring, I'm a little concerned for previous and future dolls I buy. Esp. when they're still MIB and I have no clue weather their safe or not from snapping off. @,@;

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have close to 60 dolls from this line, and I've only had one mishap. I'm not discounting the issues others have had (and I have a few dolls who definitely worry me sometimes, when I re-dress them), but the number of issues vs. number of dolls sold is pretty big. Also, if you plan on keeping them MIB, it's not like you'll be posing or redressing them :)

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
That's upsetting that Nefera seems to be so fragile. I haven't deboxed mine yet, so I don't know if she has that problem. :/

Would heating the joint up before trying to move it/pull the part out help? And going back in it might be an option to sand down the peg a bit if you don't mind "damaging" the doll.

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
IMHO: I don't think Hoo-dude would make a good regular doll but a non big headed rag doll would be so full of win!

I agree. I'd like to see him as either a stand-alone plush or just an accessory for a new Frankie doll.

I'd be fine with him as a doll-sized plush. I think he would be icky as a regular doll IMO. But the boys I really want to see are Heath and Slow-Mo.

What I would also LOVE to see is something like the Classroom dolls, but with the guys. And have it include a letterman's jacket for them. I can totally see Deuce in a Home Ick outfit, but with a focus on the cooking as opposed to Frankie's focus on sewing.

OMG I would go nuts for a Home Ick Culinary Arts Holt!! It would be a perfect fit with all my food ponies!

*crosses fingers*

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
I Hate when they are so fragile and you dont mean to break them.

I had My First GB Frankie and I gently Bender her leg barely and the calf pretty much shattered it's awful. I hope they make them better quality.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #447 on: January 25, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
I don't even LIKE Draculaura...so how do I have THREE of her with TWO more on the way?

I also said, what, four days ago that I wasn't buying multiples? And now I have two Frankies and two Ghoulias with two more Ghoulias incoming...::headesk::.

karin_h

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #448 on: January 25, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
OMG dIGITS! Cupid looks beautiful! <3

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 25, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »
I ordered some MH dresses on etsy last week, and tonight they arrived. GA. GA. GORGEOUS. Apparently they are made to order, so get some while you can! They're wonderful quality and at an amazing price.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Thebestdolldress

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal