collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162960 times)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
my mom surprised me with a new doll today, and 3 others showed up in the mail!

another crappy cell phone pic.  I have a camera on the way to me... so hopefully I'll have some better quality pics in the future!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking into a re-branding.

Monsterelli

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2012, 11:37:45 AM »
Your Cupid is beautiful, dIGITS!

I would love to have a Hoo-dude doll! I actually do not like any of the boy dolls but I think if they made a Hoo-dude or Slow-Moe I'd have to get them  :biggrin: I love both characters on the show, not so much with the main guys though.

my mom surprised me with a new doll today, and 3 others showed up in the mail!
Aw they look beautiful, congrats!  :biggrin:

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »
I am SO FRICKEN FRACKEN RACKEN FRUSTRATED right now!!!! I checked Walmart's website to see if any of my local stores had Cupid in stock. One said it did, so I drove down. No big deal because it's about a 15 minute drive tops. Well, I get down there, look at all the shelves that could possibly have her on them, and no Cupid. So I go up to the stocker that was working the toy section and ask her about Cupid. She says "We don't have ANY of her in stock. For some reason it said we got her on our shipment, but none of us can find the box. I've checked several times today and I've had to cancel several ship to stores because we just can't find her. My manager is going to zero the stock out though so we can get more in." Well, Okay. I understand how that goes. I go ahead and pick up a few things I need and head off.

So, here comes part two of my frustration. I HATE pick up in store. Because after the first Walmart was a bust, I went ahead and stopped by the Walmart closer to my house, just in case.  Check the shelves and they have even less MH stuff than the previous store. Go ahead up to Customer Service, where two LOVELY ladies checked the computer for me. After we talked about Cupid and how she's a store exclusive so I can't buy her on Mattel's site, one of the ladies went and spoke to a manager. He came out and said that they had gotten Cupid in, but ALL of them had gotten sold via pick up in store.

It is so frustrating! Because of stupid pick up in store I haven't been able to SEE a Cupid in person, let alone buy one. And I"m sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem. Arg.

Sorry, but I just had to vent and I know you guys would understand. ;.; Now I'm gonna go take my frustration out on some cleaning.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »
IMHO: I don't think Hoo-dude would make a good regular doll but a non big headed rag doll would be so full of win!

I agree. I'd like to see him as either a stand-alone plush or just an accessory for a new Frankie doll.

I'd be fine with him as a doll-sized plush. I think he would be icky as a regular doll IMO. But the boys I really want to see are Heath and Slow-Mo.

What I would also LOVE to see is something like the Classroom dolls, but with the guys. And have it include a letterman's jacket for them. I can totally see Deuce in a Home Ick outfit, but with a focus on the cooking as opposed to Frankie's focus on sewing.
Heath seems more likely to be cooking being a natural heat source and all. Duece could be music or some art/sculpting class?

The more boy dolls they make the better. Less for me to buy. lol. I do think Heath should get a doll though. I think he has even more lines in the show than Deuce.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:53:12 AM by WickedWonderland »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 25, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
IMHO: I don't think Hoo-dude would make a good regular doll but a non big headed rag doll would be so full of win!

I agree. I'd like to see him as either a stand-alone plush or just an accessory for a new Frankie doll.

I'd be fine with him as a doll-sized plush. I think he would be icky as a regular doll IMO. But the boys I really want to see are Heath and Slow-Mo.

What I would also LOVE to see is something like the Classroom dolls, but with the guys. And have it include a letterman's jacket for them. I can totally see Deuce in a Home Ick outfit, but with a focus on the cooking as opposed to Frankie's focus on sewing.
Heath seems more likely to be cooking being a natural heat source and all. Duece could be music or some art/sculpting class?

The more boy dolls they make the better. Less for me to buy. lol. I do think Heath should get a doll though. I think he has even more lines in the show than Deuce.

I was going off his interest in the culinary arts stated in his bio and his diary :) I see Heath being more of the male version of Mad Science Lagoona. And if I remember correctly, that was class that he opened up the box in and got trapped, according to... Lagoona's second diary? Must re-read.

I love boy dolls, and the boys in this franchise especially. I get the reasoning behind not releasing a ton of them at once, but I'd like to see them appear with a bit more frequency. Heath is an especial want of mine, because I love his skin and hair combo. Plus, he's such a part of the main character's little world. He really does seem to appear more frequently than Deuce or even some of the newer characters. Since they recently listed his monster heritage during the last Friday 13th (fire elemental), I'm hoping he'll be produced soon.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #425 on: January 25, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »
after much fiddling, I think i like SS Ghoulia's hair now....maybe - lol

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #426 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
Well, Deuce's profile states that his favorite class is cooking class, he likes to cook. I have been totally wishing for a cooking class Deuce :3 ever since the classroom girls were announced. I'm thinking 'where's mah cooking Deuce?'

but anyways, I'm a person who likes boy dolls, so more is better for me as well. I have multiple Deuce's and Clawds and Jacksons and if the Gil tree ever blooms in full, will probably have multiples of him as well. Already salivating for a signature release of him and dying to see pics of the signature Jackson. Heck at this point, I'd even take a Manny Taur doll

ETA:
My main reason for coming here was show off :D

Shen Liung
She's not really finished yet. I need to style her hair and find a default outfit, which I know exactly what I want but the skirt I want (an olive drab Bratz skirt) is impossible to find :( She also needs Abbey's turtneck and a matching torso x.x
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:36:43 PM by Ravie »

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
Oh, that's cute jupiter! Between this and pickle's SS Ghoulia, I'm becoming inspired to fix my own. Although lately my doll hair fixing has been frustratingly bad :p

Ravie, that's exactly what I was thinking of. He would be so cute with a little apron. And bonus if they release him like that now... articulated wrists!

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #428 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »
Ravie, that's exactly what I was thinking of. He would be so cute with a little apron. And bonus if they release him like that now... articulated wrists!

OMGosh yes!

I've been thinking if they really do have a Drama Class Lala in the works, then there should surely be at least two others also in the works. I'm hoping that Deuce is one of them. Bitter disappointment if it's not true, but well, I can hope.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 25, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
*flail* On one hand, I would love more of the males to have articulated wrists, but on the other hand, I want to customize the Deuce I already have and if an updated version comes out, I am going to want to update my custom as well.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »
I'm thinking about getting some LIV dolls wigs for my daughter's CAM sets.....did I read on the old Arena that these wigs fit MH? If so, do they fit onto the head like the MH wigs? (that they have the plastic piece that fits in the hole in the head)?

Toccyn

« Reply #431 on: January 25, 2012, 01:20:01 PM »
I'm thinking about getting some LIV dolls wigs for my daughter's CAM sets.....did I read on the old Arena that these wigs fit MH? If so, do they fit onto the head like the MH wigs? (that they have the plastic piece that fits in the hole in the head)?

Liv wigs fit them wonderfully! They do have the plastic peg, it just takes a little elbow grease! :D

Offline crimsondeity

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 25, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »

OMGosh yes!

I've been thinking if they really do have a Drama Class Lala in the works, then there should surely be at least two others also in the works. I'm hoping that Deuce is one of them. Bitter disappointment if it's not true, but well, I can hope.

I love what you've done with your CaM dragon!

I'm positive we'll get Lala. I suppose there's the off-chance they won't make her... but I'll be surprised if we don't see her. I'd like to see either Abbey or Operetta get a Classroom doll as well.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
more cupid spam... because i love her even more now and i'm tempted to get a second when they're more widely available...

cupid. by paumasaur overwhelmed again, on Flickr

She's SO cute!! Ahhh! Now I kinda want to mod mine, but I always stink at things like that. >_<

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #434 on: January 25, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

OMGosh yes!

I love what you've done with your CaM dragon!

I'm positive we'll get Lala. I suppose there's the off-chance they won't make her... but I'll be surprised if we don't see her. I'd like to see either Abbey or Operetta get a Classroom doll as well.

Thanks about the Dragon. She's still in the rough stages of development despite the rooting.

As for the Classroom dolls, yeah, I agree we're more likely to see the Lala than not.

Also, I'm pretty sure his least/favorite class wasn't always called 'Culinary Arts', they've changed it. Maybe that's a good sign if my memoy isn't being spazzy, they've seperated it even more from Home Ick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal