collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162876 times)

Tagi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
A full Sweet 1600 pic has been found. It looks like wave 2 will probably be Lagoona, Ghoulia, Cleo, and Holt (probably with the new awesome wrists).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56628344@N07/6752935199/

Awesome! Duece is in his DotD outfit though. No new threads for him :(

creampuf

« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:58 AM »
A full Sweet 1600 pic has been found. It looks like wave 2 will probably be Lagoona, Ghoulia, Cleo, and Holt (probably with the new awesome wrists).

OMG! I really hope we get to see them as dolls soon! I MUST have Lagoona and Ghoulia...though Cleo might  actually be on my list ^_^

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »

Awesome! Duece is in his DotD outfit though. No new threads for him :(

I am thinking that he is so new to the DOTD line that they figured he would blend in nice in this outfit with the Sweet 1600 outfits.

I'm loving Cleo she looks amazing!!!!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2012, 09:30:50 AM »

I really want Ghoulia :heart:
and another Holt would be awesome!

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »
This may be a known fact, but I thought I'd throw it out there for those like me who didn't know...  :blush:

I spoke to a toy associate at Walmart yesterday when I yet again went on the hunt. I expressed my concern about the empty shelves and lack of stock. He informed me that it's "inventory time". They have to pay taxes on all their inventory so they don't stock up and what ever comes in is minimal and placed on the shelves right away.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »
Does anyone else think that Operetta's head mold looks very much like Ghoulia's?  She has the same deep eye indents and everything.  Obviously her "scar" is different, but to me, I think they look almost the same.  What do you guys think??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline MLPlyte

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
I fiiiinally found Toralei and Operetta today at Target! They also had a Nefera, but I had to leave her behind. Hopefully I'll be able to find her again before too long. I'm thrilled, but frustrated that I've found these ones and have still had no sign of original Abbey!

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
Crap. Sweet 1600 Lagoona looks cute. I hope I don't like her or Ghoulia in person. The only Sweet 1600 doll I plan to get is Draculaura and I'll probably keep her MIB. >.<

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »
Am I the only one that feels an overwhelming sense of "meh" towards the Sweet 1600 line? I mean they all look pretty enough, but compared to the rest of the line they just don't stand out. Their outfits, especially Frankie's, just do not translate well from art to doll and just makes me think of prom rather than "a high fashion" birthday party.

Eh...maybe it is just me, I don't know.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
Am I the only one that feels an overwhelming sense of "meh" towards the Sweet 1600 line? I mean they all look pretty enough, but compared to the rest of the line they just don't stand out. Their outfits, especially Frankie's, just do not translate well from art to doll and just makes me think of prom rather than "a high fashion" birthday party.

Eh...maybe it is just me, I don't know.

Have you seen them in person? I think they're much cuter in hand, especially Frankie and Clawd, both of whom did not impress me much initially. And as always, the shoes are to die for. It's the one thing missing from the new 1600 image. I'm DYING to see Lagoona's (and Cleo's) shoes.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »
I wasn't too keen on the whole 1600 line. I like Draculara, but I keep going back and forth on buying her or not. I wasn't a fan of Frankie's dress till I got her out of the box....it really grows on you.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #386 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »
Went to my two Targets and the TRU, and nothing had been restocked. Since I did find Nefera at my home Target Sunday morning, I guess they are just putting out a couple of dolls Friday morning instead of doing a full restock of everything...I guess because of the inventory situation?

In any case, I did pick up a Dead Tired Ghoulia, a CAM Dragon and Werewolf kit, and a Sweet 1600 Frankie for someone here.

I do love the 1600 outfits, but I feel like they're not enough, you know? Like they need tights or something. I also am not a fan of the crazy bangs, although they do go with the outfits.

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 24, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Does anyone else think that Operetta's head mold looks very much like Ghoulia's?  She has the same deep eye indents and everything.  Obviously her "scar" is different, but to me, I think they look almost the same.  What do you guys think??

I believe that is the same mold than Ghoulia and Cupid, but until dont have Operetta at my hooves I cant tell 100% ^^.  Just the mold they started to work with, because they have small differences like Operetta's scars.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
You're not alone. I really don't like the Sweet 1600 line so far aside from Cupid, but I feel like I should have Draculaura MIB at least. She sums up the whole 1600 line or something. I can't explain it. :/

picklepud

« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »

I believe that is the same mold than Ghoulia and Cupid, but until dont have Operetta at my hooves I cant tell 100% ^^.  Just the mold they started to work with, because they have small differences like Operetta's scars.

Opperetta is a different mold.
Operetta's  face is narrower than Ghoulia/Cupids.
The Ghoulia/Cupid mold is wider near the jaw line.

Also Operetta's nose is narrower.

Cupid only shares the same mold as she was a rush job.
She wasnt going to get produced but the MH team liked her so much they decided to put her into production.

That was the info that was released by one of the MH creators.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal