collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 162860 times)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »
I'm so sorry, are Operetta and Nefera LE or just new? Because these dolls retail from anywhere from $12-$25, right?

So what's with the 3x price hikes online?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
The Boots website in the UK has the Sweet 1600 dolls, CAM, Operetta & Nefera listed but not yet in stock. At least we know they'll be stocking them!

So do Littlewoods, Kandco, Woolworths and Very! So hopefully she'll be widely available! :D

Monsterelli

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
I'm so sorry, are Operetta and Nefera LE or just new? Because these dolls retail from anywhere from $12-$25, right?

So what's with the 3x price hikes online?

You are correct, they are not LE and the basic dolls go for around $18.
Apparently, the amount of dolls seem to be released slowly or in small amounts so they can be a bit hard to find at first.
Give it a little time and the dolls will become more easy to find and the prices will drop. They already are dropping and online prices have dropped from $80+ to now in the $30-$40 range. Pretty soon the dolls will be easier to find in stores and the prices will be more affordable online, just takes a little time & patience. :)

I personally do not pay more than retail price for the dolls.. so I obviously have to wait awhile to find them. Some people do not like waiting, have the money and would prefer to buy them now even for really high prices. So since people are buying them for those high prices.. they are being put on sale for those high prices. Theres also people buying mass amounts of the dolls to sell online to make money.

Edit to add: Also, from what I've seen on MH forums, this topic can cause a lot of arguments and I would really not like that to happen here. I have my beliefs on the matter but have tried to be as respectful & neutral as possible in my answer. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:31:02 PM by Monsterelli »

EmoKuu

« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
You are correct, they are not LE and the basic dolls go for around $18.
Apparently, the amount of dolls seem to be released slowly or in small amounts so they can be a bit hard to find at first.
Give it a little time and the dolls will become more easy to find and the prices will drop. They already are dropping and online prices have dropped from $80+ to now in the $30-$40 range. Pretty soon the dolls will be easier to find in stores and the prices will be more affordable online, just takes a little time & patience. :)

I personally do not pay more than retail price for the dolls.. so I obviously have to wait awhile to find them. Some people do not like waiting, have the money and would prefer to buy them now even for really high prices. So since people are buying them for those high prices.. they are being put on sale for those high prices. Theres also people buying mass amounts of the dolls to sell online to make money.

This is mostly true, but with some dolls the price still hasn't come down, at least with people shipping to EU. For instance Abbey as been out forever and she's still nearly impossible to get online at a reasonable price. Luckily for me she showed up in Estonia so maybe I can coax my boyfriend to get it for me as a gift. :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:57:52 PM by EmoKuu »

Monsterelli

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
This is mostly true, but with some dolls the price still hasn't come down, at least with peple shipping to EU. For instance Abbey as been out forever and she's still nearly impossible to get online at a reasonable price. Luckily for me she showed up in Estonia so maybe I can coax my boyfriend to get it for me as a gift. :P

Yeah that is very true, even here in America Abbey is still hard to find but she, nor the ones asked about are LE. I think it has to do with small/slow releases - at least thats what I've read anyhow. Basically.. if you do not want to pay more than retail you have to wait awhile & be patient. It can really suck sometimes too but in my case, I don't have $80, let alone $40 to drop on 1 doll so waiting is really my only option. Ya know?

I hope that you are able to get Abbey! :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:40:50 PM by Monsterelli »

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »
I went out today and checked target and walmart.   shelves are just as empty if not more so than they were on tuesday.

sooo frustrating.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »
Thanks everyone! I didn't think they were LE, but it's nice to have it confirmed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MidoriKeiko

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
so happy found the skull shores in Australia! I picked up Draculaura as omg she is a sailors outfit X3 My bf was nice enough to buy me Lagoona as Im heading back to uni soon so all my spare money will now be in text books for school =p
BUT YAY skull shores!

Offline Clementine

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
so happy found the skull shores in Australia! I picked up Draculaura as omg she is a sailors outfit X3 My bf was nice enough to buy me Lagoona as Im heading back to uni soon so all my spare money will now be in text books for school =p
BUT YAY skull shores!

Oh my gosh! Really? May I ask what shop? This is so exiting!

Tagi

« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
^^skull Shores are being sold in Kmarts at the moment. I'd love to hear if anyone finds any in other stores though!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
I braved the  weather and went to Target today. But, they didn't have power, only a few lights and checkouts on from a generator, and the shelves were bare. I don't think they were even open yesterday though, so it may have backed things up.

Kitaa

« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »
Woot!  Found Nefera and Opretta at Target today!  I wasn't initially too fond of either of them from the pictures floating around online but they're both so striking in person that I had to have them.  Nefera's hair is especially amazing, I just love the color! 

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
^^skull Shores are being sold in Kmarts at the moment. I'd love to hear if anyone finds any in other stores though!

I found skull shores ghoulia at walmart.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
YAY I found Operetta! Now the question is... HOW do I fix her nasty nasty hair? D:

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
Anyone else Zoolerting?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal