collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 161534 times)

Tagi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I found the Toralei and Spectra fashion packs at Kmart today! (Melbourne). I was 100% surprised as I've never seen any MH fashions sold down here before. They were $15 each, time to get myself a second Toralei to wear her fashion...if I can find one. Dolls are very hard to find lately, usually all Frankie 2.0 and Holt.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
I am sure I have mentioned it elsewhere but I don't think I have here. I feel they went with the CG to show off little details on the Sweet 1600 versions of the characters like the tinsel in the hair for example. If they tried to do the tinsel in 2d it would have just looked like different colored chunky streaks the way Cleo's gold tinsel looks more like chunky blond streaks than gold tinsel. CG lets them get those really thin metallic strands in.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
I don't mind the CGI for the specials, just as long as the webisodes keep the 2D animation. It's part of the geeky charm which brought me into liking these dolls and the series.  Glad to see they're not redoing it all in 3D at least yet. ;o

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline SparklerGirl

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »
Yaaaaayyyy...the Dollhouse is back!  I was going through MH withdrawals lol!

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »
I guess Im the only one who actually likes the new animation :P  *hides*

Novavelle

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »
I didn't care for the CGI either, but cupid does look awesome! but I do prefer the 2D stuff....

now if I could find the dolls I want, I'd be happy :P

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 01:37:27 AM »
I thought it looked pretty good, considering a lot of made for tv/video CGI shows are just flat out crappy looking.   Glad they are sticking with the 2D flash animation for the webisodes.

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 02:40:23 AM »
The CGI in this special just plain turns me off. So many cartoons do these days and it looks so cheesy and fake when done by the wrong people and that is exactly what happened here. Expressions that would normally show more depth now look flat. For example, when a character is upset their face my show it, but it does not reflect in their eyes....okay so that was probably a horrible explanation,  but hopefully you get what I mean. :drunk:

Tagi

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 05:30:12 AM »

Finding the Fashion Packs got me into MH mode, and I decided to neaten up my 'Monster High box' by organizing things into little baggies. I separated all the double outfits I have, Draculaura's Sweet 1600 outfits, all the diaries/DVD and what was left over went into this:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5600/photo5bt.jpg

That includes all the brushes plus accessories that are not doubles I have that are not on display. Next to grown-up scissors for scale. I feel a bit productive XD

And for my own personal record, the first MH doll that I de-boxed of 2012 was a wave 2 Spectra.

I have doubles of GB Draculaura, basic Clawdeen and Abbey outfits, and now a floating wave 2 Spectra outfit. Not sure what to do with them just yet though. Hate to sell outfit pieces because I'm too afraid I'll want them for what ever reason later on. The spare Shivver and Crescent though I'm fairly certain I won't need.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:34:22 AM by Tagi »

picklepud

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 05:37:06 AM »
Yay, back up and running. So happy.
I have really missed you guys. xxx

My Ghouls in there new threads......

Nuts for Bolts....

Chain Reaction....

Urban Jungle....

Perfectly Wrapped....

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 07:06:47 AM »
Yay! The Dollhouse is back! This isn't the only place I go for MH goodness, but every site has it's own feel and denizens, and I missed you all *snuggles*

I'm on the fence on the special. I think as long as the CGI is limited to just the specials, I'll be fine. It does give the characters a bit more of their doll look, but I feel the 2D does a better job of capturing facial expressions better.

So loving Operetta, and cannot WAIT for her to show up by me. Nefera is quite gorgeous as well.

Pickle, I am absolutely living for that group shot of yours <3

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
Gorgeous pics as always, Picklepud <3 im a fan!
Now i need those shoes for Spectra!  :shakefist:    And Frankie is the cutest thing wearing whatever she wear^^.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:33:00 AM by Alrak »

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
So last night I decided to de-box the Sweet 1600 dolls I got around Christmas time. They are just so pretty!!

I was poking around and saw some great pics of them posed in different ways. Picklepud for example poses them so well and her pics are amazing! I just can't seem to pose mine. I feel like the joints are so tight and that I may snap one by mistake. I tend to leave them almost exactly has they are posed in the box.

Also has anyone noticed that 1600 Frankies dress seems to be very uneven? The left hem seems a lot higher than the rest of her dress. I tried re-fluffing it but got the same results.

picklepud

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
Pickle, I am absolutely living for that group shot of yours <3

xxxx Thank you. So glad you likey. xxxx

Gorgeous pics as always, Picklepud <3 im a fan!
Now i need those shoes for Spectra!  :shakefist:    And Frankie is the cutest thing wearing whatever she wear^^.

Awwww thank you.
MH have the best shoes.

I was poking around and saw some great pics of them posed in different ways. Picklepud for example poses them so well and her pics are amazing! I just can't seem to pose mine. I feel like the joints are so tight and that I may snap one by mistake. I tend to leave them almost exactly has they are posed in the box.

Thank you, glad you like them.
I am actually male ;)

I have found that most of the newer dolls are much stiffer.
You can warm their joints up to help with posing.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »
I'm so glad to have The Arena back! :) While the site was down I acquired Operetta, Nefera, C.A. Cupid, and Toralei's fashion pack and needed some place to geek out about it, lol.

My Nefera has really tight joints, to the point that I'm afraid to bend her knees. I've been trying to loosen them up a bit with hot water and a little coaxing but it's not doing much. The ball at the end of her forearm peg also snapped off in it's socket right out of the package. I wasn't even trying to remove her arm and my heart sank when I heard a snapping sound.

I used a little clear nailpolish to tighten the connection and it stays in just fine. It doesn't bother me too much, since most of my older dolls don't have the ball to keep them in anyway, but it's still something that worries me with future releases.

As far as the CGI special goes, I kind of like it. I tend to lean towards 2D animation but I didn't think it looked all that bad from the previews. I really don't see them making a full-time change to that format, the Flash animation is just so much more cost efficient, so I don't mind if they decide to use it for the specials every now and then as long as the webisodes remain unchanged.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:45:46 AM by Mandy85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal